Thread: Copa America Centenario

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Copa America Centenario

Why isn't there a thread about this yet?

We're already at semis, but discuss here the comemorative edition of the longest existing international team competition in the world.

Default Re: Copa America Centenario

I m loosely folowing it. Watched The disgrace that is called Brasil.

It is true they were eliminated with a goal that doesnt exist. A mini Hand of god if you will.
    BUt god, they didnt deserved to win, in a way it was quite fitting.

I dont remember such a crappy Brazilian national team since for ever.
    Dunga is also a terrible coach. At least As a field coach.
    He made like one substituition the whole dam game.... and He only needed to draw to qualify... shamefull.

So far im liking Mexico, and Argentina, wich is the currently favorite. Im not sure how is Chile doing on this one.

Im currently more preocupied with the euro to be honest.

In wich Portugal is doing terrible too. what is it with Portuguese speaking teams this summer so far, both disgraces.

As it is im just buying time for the Olympics. I have a much greeater interest and faith in the portuguese olympic national team.

Btw Corona from FC Porto scored, this piece of art the other day.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 19, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

A bit curious, but honestly [1] this forum is lost in this section of the forum and [2] I rather chat soccer on a forum devoted to the game.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I m loosely folowing it. Watched The disgrace that is called Brasil.

It is true they were eliminated with a goal that doesnt exist. A mini Hand of god if you will.
    BUt god, they didnt deserved to win, in a way it was quite fitting.

I dont remember such a crappy Brazilian national team since for ever.
    Dunga is also a terrible coach. At least As a field coach.
    He made like one substituition the whole dam game.... and He only needed to draw to qualify... shamefull.
    Brazil looked good "between the boxes" but they can't finish. I noticed that a little in the last WC. It really came out here. Brazil can blame the handball, but how many chances did they have to score and didn't?
    Last edited by PikeStance; June 21, 2016 at 10:22 AM.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Mexico was disgraceful. When was the last time a top 20 team lost by such an embarrassing margin?

Not expecting big things from the USA against Argentina tonight. The US is missing three starters because of yellow cards, so it'll be hard to beat a full-strength Argentina.

I've enjoyed this tournament more than the EURO by the way: better goals, teams generally more passionate, attacking play.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

I've enjoyed this tournament more than the EURO by the way: better goals, teams generally more passionate, attacking play.
    Would folow it more closely if the games werent at 2:00 AM here...

Brazil looked good "between the boxes" but they can't finish. I noticed that a little in the last WC. It really came out here. Brazil can blame the handball, but how many chances did they have to score and didn't?
    In other words played like . You were good in the boxes... against a very inferior team...
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 22, 2016 at 02:50 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    Mexico was disgraceful. When was the last time a top 20 team lost by such an embarrassing margin?

Not expecting big things from the USA against Argentina tonight. The US is missing three starters because of yellow cards, so it'll be hard to beat a full-strength Argentina.

Brazil 2 years ago against Germany? Or do you actually mean 7-0?

I feel you KH.... I watch every game via torrents. I watched the WC the same way. (All the Copa matches in Spanish all the Euro matches are in German).
    Right now, if the WC was being played, no one will beat Argentina. A well oiled machine right now.

-----
    I think Brazil was on nationwide suicide watch after their loss to Germany

We were actually laughing at our own disgrace. And yet, another shameful display by our national team against Peru. Hopefully Tite will be able to fix it in a way Dunga couldn't (I don't actually dislike him, he did a pretty good job in his first "term", between 2007 and 2010).

I need to ask: what is it with americans that they manage to watch an entire game without making any noise? The ones I watched seemed like they were being played in empty stadiums, except Mexico vs Chile (for obvious reasons). Made me realize how the crowd plays an important part in making the atmosphere of the game.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Haha, Argentina. They just don't seem to have it anymore when it comes to winning finals. Didn't see the match, or any match for that matter, but losing 3 years in a row is a tad rough, certainly when you were the best team this year.
    Messi retiring from international football is really big though, not as good for Argentina as he is for Barca but he has been important. Would be surprising if he actually goes through with this or if this was just an emotional decision he'll come back on.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

He's stupid if he retires before the next WC
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

He'll retire from football altogether and start selling popcorn at the entrance of the stadiums.

The Mexit.