Thread: Any news on future updates and other mods?

Domesticus

Default Any news on future updates and other mods?

Just curious, I remember there being Two Towers 1648, and I think maybe the team was working on an Interegnum of the Holy Roman Empire mod?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Any news on future updates and other mods?

I'm pretty sure the Two Towers mod was being developed independently of 1648. As I said in the Two Towers sub-forum, from what I know, the sister mod has either been put to rest or is in developmental limbo, either way it remains unfinished and unreleased. Regarding 1648, I was of the understanding that it was more or less finished and as a result it was no longer being worked on. As to this "Interregnum of the Holy Roman Empire mod" I've not heard anything of this, though I do vaugley remember hearing of something based on this era but it was years ago and I'm not sure if its related. This is all said of course without any official authority what so ever, so apologies to the devs if my understanding and knowledge is incorrect...

Cheers,
    isa0005
    Last edited by isa0005; June 22, 2016 at 09:58 PM.

Domesticus

Hopefully one of the modding crew sees this

I remember one of them telling me about how the Infracta team has the Two Towers, an Interregnum of the HRE mod for Medieval 2, and a bunch of stuff for Civilization

The Two Towers is in a kind of developmental limbo but some work is being done. Monti should know something about the Interregnum mod. The 1648 mod is practically in a finished state. The main thing that is not quite right is the star forts which need an experienced battlemap modder. Any future work is likely to be on updating the launcher, steam compatibility, compatibility with new Windows versions, things of that kind.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    The Two Towers is in a kind of developmental limbo but some work is being done. Monti should know something about the Interregnum mod. The 1648 mod is practically in a finished state. The main thing that is not quite right is the star forts which need an experienced battlemap modder. Any future work is likely to be on updating the launcher, steam compatibility, compatibility with new Windows versions, things of that kind.
    How about the Polish units? Too many generic infantry units, perhaps borrow them from the "Fire and Sword II" mod?

Also, I'm too busy to install 1648 all over so I can rip the entire soundtrack. Can someone please PM me the entire mod soundtrack so I can listen to it while I play EU4? I'm a huge fan of classical and baroque music.

By the way, I may be placing various optional changes in the Invita submod. At this point the main submod doubles the number of portraits, gives all factions unique colours, always matching their flags, and adds extra quotes in the loadscreens. I have also placed there separate tweaks that hopefully make projectiles more historical (based on some modern calculations of muzzle velocities) and remove the horde formation from some units (such as rebels, sailors and cuirassiers).

It is not impossible that there will be additional small changes of this sort in the future. Adding units from ""Fire and Sword" would not be savegame compatible, so maybe or maybe not. The Poles have many unique units but perhaps there could be a different balancing of which units they recruit.

Milan y Astray's Avatar Foederatus

The mod is beautiful but ,according to me, should be improved with a reskin of units (better quality graphics of units)

Quote Originally Posted by Milan y Astray View Post
    The mod is beautiful but ,according to me, should be improved with a reskin of units (better quality graphics of units)
    I would guess the top priority would be to fix the star fort walls. Of course the skins of the units could be improved. On the other hand they are probably not as bad as some Attila skins and were done only by unpaid hobbyists under time pressure.

Any help from experienced modders would be much appreciated.

We still have some modding project in pipeline, but we lost most of our members since some finished study, married, get kneaded in jobs,..
    So only gigantus and me are extant. Some projects:
    1) I still working at a mod for Civilization IV: Colonization, about Napoleonic Wars.
    2) We still working at M2TW mods like 1648: Two Towers (War between HRE and Allies against Ottomans and Allies). 1237: Interregnum (Teutonic Order at the baltics and Civil War in HRE), Infractas America (Alaska to Kap Hoorn), Lord Heinrich (early medieval Eastern Francia).
    3) Also we planned to do a RPG Mod, based on "The Dark Eye" fantasy-universe.

The cavalry units could use some bugler models.

Just came here to say that I will still look for this mod till nuclear war finally comes.

We´re back in modding. With 1648: Two Towers.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Brilliant! Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Ha, I'm kind of late to the party, but this is awesome to hear!! I will look forward to recording some videos with this mod in the near future... it's so cinematic!