Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Farage "Nazi" poster reported to the police

Default Re: Nigel Farage "Nazi" poster reported to the police

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Nazis being anti immigration isn't why they were bad. It was the pro emigration that caused the problems...

Look a long column of men on the march. If I'm not mistaken I believe that's called an "invasion."
    But like their Syrian counterpart, none of them set foot in Britain, unlike the wartime and current day Poles and Czechs. Another person who misses the point.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

So the migration of Arabs into the Eurozone has no effect on British participation EU?

I would have thought maintaining sovereignty and being able to control your own border policy might be relevant as Europe becomes increasingly reactionary.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

So the migration of Arabs into the Eurozone has no effect on British participation EU?

I would have thought maintaining sovereignty and being able to control your own border policy might be relevant as Europe becomes increasingly reactionary.
    I refer to my earlier answer, you missed the point.

The Syrian crisis has no effect on UK migration policy. We have total control over non-EU migration and asylum. Compare that to having to receive millions of Europeans who can move here freely without conditions. The poster, if true to the campaign,should have featured EU citizens.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

So the people even after settling in Europe are prohibited from traveling to Britain?
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I refer to my earlier answer, you missed the point.

The Syrian crisis has no effect on UK migration policy. We have total control over non-EU migration and asylum. Compare that to having to receive millions of Europeans who can move here freely without conditions. The poster, if true to the campaign,should have featured EU citizens.
    That`s not what the British people think. Many of us think that the EU has done nothing to help Britain at all except allow the floodgates to open with little to no restriction.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; June 17, 2016 at 02:15 PM.

So the people even after settling in Europe are prohibited from traveling to Britain?
    Only if they become citizens and not if we leave or resile from treaty.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    That`s not what the British people think. Many of us think that the EU has done nothing to help Britain at all except allow the floodgates to open with little to no restriction.
    That is what uninformed or misinformed Britons think. I don't trust a man who treats Britons like idiots.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 17, 2016 at 02:51 PM.

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Mongrel put it perfectly here mate, as Refugee wise, the UK has done sod all really, and if we were to be perhaps cynical, i'd say we've 'controlled our borders' extremely well from any potential Syrian flood.

The UK has taken in about 5,000 Syrian refugees since 2011From the beginning of the Syrian crisis in early 2011 to the second quarter of 2015, the UK granted asylum or another form of humanitarian protection to just under 5,000 Syrians in the initial decision made on their application.
    A London underground train carries fewer than 900 people.
    In addition to those people, 216 Syrian refugees have been resettled in the UK
    https://fullfact.org/europe/has-uk-o...rian-refugees/

This is probably one of the other problems facing British democracy beyond the 'Westminster structural complex', to have an accountable democracy that works (and i'm in favour of as 'direct' a democracy as is feasibly possible- which with modern technology is incredibly feasible- apps and emails notifying the people to vote on laws and legislation over MP's while there sitting at work, replete with instant access to the pros and cons/fors and againsts arguments- as is being trialed on a small scale in some states now).- It requires the majority of the population to be well educated and up to date on foreign affairs.

Your average British voter though...well...isn't.

Again some of the typical myths British people tend to believe about the EU that just aren't actually to the extent they fear-
    http://ukandeu.ac.uk/the-perils-of-p...on-and-the-eu/

(There is also a far more comprehensive report on this floating around that i've forgotten the maker of alas, but if it pops up i'll post it).

But basically there are indeed valid reasons for leaving the EU...the trouble is, it seems many Brits don't know them, are instead ignorantly lapping up/believing completely false information. Like the impact Syria has had on us...basically 0 thus far. There has been no swarm, no mass migration, no mass acceptance of asylum seekers. Its been controlled, and arguably by many 'too' controlled- with the UK recently being seen as 'not pulling its weight' with concern to orphaned children. Thus the public have concerns that aren't remotely the same problem as they believe, and what's worse the actual issues with the EU etc are missed/ not prioritized. Better voter education would help, but also that may tie into the futile feeling many brits face when it comes to our archaic and dysfunctional system of Westminster democracy. So its really a chicken and egg issue in some ways.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

The wording is totaly different. That the image is +- the same doesn't matter.
    Calling Farage a racist says more about the person making this statement then about Mr. Farage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73eO0_zUMxw
    2013 when most of the people never heard of ISIS (BUT THEY WERE THERE!). He is one of the persons who was not rushing to arms. Diplomacy worked out like Mr. Kerry wanted.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Every turn this migration is allowed to continue it adds +1 infuence towards ISIS, and Europe needs to build Temples to combat that influence and use agents to spread their influence in ISIS territories and hopefully at some point they will change their state religion and we can make peace because the -20 diplomacy modifier from religious intorelance will be gone.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus View Post
    The wording is totaly different. That the image is +- the same doesn't matter.
    Calling Farage a racist says more about the person making this statement then about Mr. Farage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73eO0_zUMxw
    2013 when most of the people never heard of ISIS (BUT THEY WERE THERE!). He is one of the persons who was not rushing to arms. Diplomacy worked out like Mr. Kerry wanted.
    Nigel "You wouldn't want to live next door to one" Farage is definitely racist, and I'm not on here throwing that term around lightly.
    I'm not saying all UKIPs are racist, they aren't by a long way, but Farage either is or he is deliberately appealing to people that are with some of his statements.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Doesn't seem they're gaining much influence. Last I heard, ISIS have just lost Fallujah to the Iraqi counter offensive. The loss of the town is a signal they are losing the fight, as Fallujah was one of their earliest conquests.

Struggling to see what is nazi or racist here, on the one hand we have a man standing in front of a poster which you may draw whatever parallels too, but on the other the same man called for less EU migration but more Syria refugees, so the people discussing this must address their own cognitive bias and the ability to not adhere to the baying mob and to think rationally about the discussion.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Wow, the first two replies are actually in favour of this blatant fascism? Astonishing.
    What will it take for people to wake up? Do you want him to literally wear a Swastika armband before you realise what this is? Or are you actually fine with openly supporting the Nazis? This is outrageous.
    You are calling people nazis because of some minor similarities of what hitler did, and people questioning whether the accusation was valid? Holy crap....
    Last edited by Iskar; June 17, 2016 at 06:48 PM. Reason: insult removed
    As God wills it.

Quote Originally Posted by MayaLin View Post
    Struggling to see what is nazi or racist here, on the one hand we have a man standing in front of a poster which you may draw whatever parallels too, but on the other the same man called for less EU migration but more Syria refugees, so the people discussing this must address their own cognitive bias and the ability to not adhere to the baying mob and to think rationally about the discussion.
    The issue is that a man calling for less EU migration ( and more Syrian refugees) uses a poster containing nothing but Syrian refugees as a critique of our EU migration policy. How hard can it be to understand that is wrong? What exactly prevented him using a line line of Poles , Czechs or Hungarians, which would actually reflect the facts?

It would be racist if it wasn't an actual genuine reflection an actual photo of refugees Mongrel, piss an moan all you like about made up photos but that is a genuine photo yes of migrants into the EU but not UK but isn't that the same thing if we stay in the EU once they have been here 8 years? Now don't lie Mongrel you know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MayaLin View Post
    It would be racist if it wasn't an actual genuine reflection an actual photo of refugees Mongrel, piss an moan all you like about made up photos but that is a genuine photo yes of migrants into the EU but not UK but isn't that the same thing if we stay in the EU once they have been here 8 years? Now don't lie Mongrel you know it is.
    Farage is not campaigning to stay in the EU for another minute, let alone 8 years, as any child will tell you.This poster does not represent the genuine migration crisis, unlimited migration, without any qualification from the poorer regions of the EU. Actual, migration, happening now, not hypothetical, years down the line.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 17, 2016 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Doesn't seem they're gaining much influence. Last I heard, ISIS have just lost Fallujah to the Iraqi counter offensive. The loss of the town is a signal they are losing the fight, as Fallujah was one of their earliest conquests.
    I think that we are deluding ourselfs with such statements. Al-Qaida never realy ruled a city (yes similar states/organisations did but not Al-qaida) but they were quite strong. ISIS was for many the profecy of Al-Qaida come true. Even if we smash those terrorists they will continu. The revenge of "the caliphate".

http://www.charismanews.com/politics...defeating-isis
    And that leads to the bad news: despite progress against ISIS on the battlefield and in the financial realm, the group's terrorism capability and global reach haven't been dented at all, and to get to that point, it would have to suffer much heavier losses. And, due to its "foreign branches" and global network, it can "preserve its capacity for terrorism regardless of events in Iraq and Syria."
    "In fact, as the pressure mounts on [ISIS], we judge that it will intensify its global terror campaign to maintain its dominance of the global terrorism agenda," Brennan said. "Since at least 2014, [ISIS] has been working to build an apparatus to direct and inspire attacks against its foreign enemies, resulting in hundreds of casualties. The most prominent examples are the attacks in Paris and Brussels, which we assess were directed by [ISIS's] leadership."
    ISIS is a very reactive organisation.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus View Post
    ISIS is a very reactive organisation.
    They won't be able to react if they are dead.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Yes, ISIS is very reactive - but then, the whole jihadist moment is a reactionary movement, its an ultra-conservative, ultra-religious reaction to the modern day and age.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast