Thread: Noob to Paradox

Default Noob to Paradox

I didn't know there was sufficient MP in any of these. Is there enough for someone new to Paradox games to learn from others in-game?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Noob to Paradox

It's hard to lean fro mothers in MP as it's basically the same as a SP game only with more people. Best place to learn is to take an easy singleplyer country and watch let's plays where stuff gets explained.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Problem is that let's play are either outdated, because the frequent changes in gameplay, or use all the dlc which means there is a lot of stuff they do, and you will scratch your head trying to find them, only to turn out that you need dlc for it

There are plenty of tutorials. The better ones will tell you which dlc they are using. I watched tutorials for Vic II, EU4, and HOI3. Some are more detail than others. I like it to be more basic but with some detail. The Let's play rarely "teach" much about how to play. They are more entertaining than informative.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Not really. Arumba and quill go out of their way explaining features and shenryr does a pretty good job at letting you know what thing does too.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

It is a personal choice. Tutorials can be exhaustively detailed or they can be the basics. I tend to watch something in the middle. If there is too much detail, I will get bored too quick. If not enough, I have too many questions. The "let's Play" obviously discuss features, but the primary purpose is to teach you how to play the game. Many "Let's Play" youtubers also have tutorials. For me, I rather not watch any of the "Let's play" especially if I plan on playing that country. I prefer to learn as I go. The one time I actually did watch one was on China and I found myself scrapping it for my own way. I finished as the fourth best country in the game. I'll probably would had done better, but I was playing as I was going through the tutorials.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have watched almost every Shenryyr's stream about HOI4 and I have learned to play this game so well. Sometime he does crazy choices, but when he does youtube videos. He explaining all stuffs carefully that even this newbie has learned all important stuffs. He has good points about the game and how to play it, but sometime not always goes well.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Shenryyr's stream channel: https://www.twitch.tv/shenryyr or his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/shenryyr2

YouTube Tutorials + gameplay experience + the Wiki, should generally be enough to master EU IV or CK2.