Thread: Someone to claim the Third Age mantle.

Default Someone to claim the Third Age mantle.

Now ive been playing this mod for a few years and it always has been v3.2 . From reading the forums I would say that the main devs have been inactive for awhile but again I may be wrong. Of course this mo will never die out due to the large amount of various submods but I do think there needs to be another group of people working on the official patch. Of course the new guys would have to be approved by the previous devs but this will allow those who only play vanilla a new version of it. Thoughts?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Someone to claim the Third Age mantle.

Until King Kong returns, or appoint an heir(s), there will be no such thing.
    Pray tell, beside the official name so "it feels more official and safe" (or what?), what do you expect would make a "3.3" any different from any submod, if the peoples who [already] are making submods were to craft it? What submods prove is that there are many and often not at all compatible views on how TATW should be developed and what it should become to be a better game - and the modders already made it available or are working on that, in the manners of their capacity.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Pray tell, beside the official name so "it feels more official and safe" (or what?), what do you expect would make a "3.3" any different from any submod, if the peoples who [already] are making submods were to craft it? What submods prove is that there are many and often not at all compatible views on how TATW should be developed and what it should become to be a better game - and the modders already made it available or are working on that, in the manners of their capacity.
    I want this inscribed in bronze and hung on my bedroom wall. This is the only answer on the subject worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    While you're 100% correct I just feel a new player would think this mod isnt being developed and wont even bother to look in the submod section although this is total war and if theyre on this site im sure they would. Maybe your right and its better for the mod to stay at 3.2 so that all these subsmods will work and wont need to be updated. But it would be nice to see a new patch or something.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

> > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Maybe Third Age migrates to Rome II or somewhere?
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

No, not gonna happen. Anything after Medieval 2 is a pain to mod for the campaign map, except for Shogun 2, it's most likely impossible to even edit the campaign map since Empire.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

STEAMworks, the DRM for the editors to castrate the mods to sell more DLCs.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty Jedi View Post
    But it would be nice to see a new patch or something.
    A "patch" is never late, nor is it early, It arrives precisely when it means to.'

Who knows what the future brings, only KK can give an answer to your question.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    No, not gonna happen. Anything after Medieval 2 is a pain to mod for the campaign map, except for Shogun 2, it's most likely impossible to even edit the campaign map since Empire.
    IMO it is not only pain to mod, but even pain to play. Atleast the battles are, can't say the campaign is. I liked the tech tree and so on, but after 2 or 3 battles I went on auto-resolving everything. I just love the game as it is in Med 2 or Rome 1.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AWPscrape View Post
    IMO it is not only pain to mod, but even pain to play. Atleast the battles are, can't say the campaign is. I liked the tech tree and so on, but after 2 or 3 battles I went on auto-resolving everything. I just love the game as it is in Med 2 or Rome 1.
    Apart from the set animation kill system, i do think that Shogun 2's battles are actually alot of fun.