Thread: Difficulty settings

Default Difficulty settings

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the difficulty settings of the XMG. What differences are there between the settings? On which settings will the AI actively attack on sieges, not just try to sit them out?

I know there are AI bonuses on the battlefield, but what differences are there on the strategic map?

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Difficulty settings

For the campaign difficulty, I think it only affects the AI's gold/turn and being more aggressive in throwing armies at you. Based on my experience, AI will not ever actively attack on sieges on any difficulties as long as you have a sizeable in the city.They won't ever actively siege into the city unless they have a full stack of strong units and you only have like 2-3 low class units like levy spearmen/vigiles and such in the city. The battlefield difficulty is just as you said, extra bonuses of morale and attack for AI.

Default Re: Difficulty settings

The AI almost never waits out a siege on me. They usually build up to 9 siege weapons before attacking though, however many turns it takes them to build that many.