Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Amazons, they have to release sexy Amazons faction as well, the game will gain much from it.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

I'm sure modders will come up with lots of delicious uses for Witch Elf assets when they're released

Senator

For me the Wood Elves are sexy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    There are a lot of forest regions throughout the map which are impassible. Athel Loren is the biggest, but the empire has several small patches here and there. I wonder if beastmen/wood elves would be able to move around in those impassible forests... perhaps their mission would be to annihilate each other. Wood elves would have to forest hop around to chase beastmen, whereas beastmen need to build up a horde to invade Athel loren.

Also, has anyone thought of the potential for "forrest" corruption? Basically, imagine if wood elves and beastmen both caused forests to spread around and grow just like chaos/vampiric corruption. Except theirs would be thick forrests, slowing down armies and making ambushes easier (both beastmen and wood elves are ambush-oriented)
    Sounds like a very good idea.

Given how the map is designed, I'm inclined to think they might do an "add more parts" scheme, ie Elves and Chaos Dwarfs. This makes the most sense since the regions aren't added yet, and operating on the fringe helps with balance issues that materialize when you try to tack on new stuff into an old product.

No idea how implementing something like Beastment or Skaven, given they're kind of everywhere; making it random seems lame and unpredictable, so making them part of public order rebellions might work; I'd rather Beastmen stacks spawning from Chaos corruption rather than your usual generic rebels. Beastmen could be spawned in human regions, whereas Skaven could spawn in Orc/ Dwarf regions. I exclude Kislev on the basis that they're right next to both Chaos regions.

The other obvious idea is just making separate mini-campaigns, but people would just moan about them not being part of grand campaign. I suppose CA could just do both, though I'm loathe of the less quality one should expect from that amount of work. Plus, chopping up existing campaign maps into smaller ones never really worked, even in Kingdoms; the closest to an exception is Brittania, and that's only because of British Isles being set of islands; the Old World map is the Warhammer equivalent of continental (western) Europe.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Bet there's going to be mini campaign and they'll add those to the grand campaign.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

I think the Beastmen could work quite well in the game as it is... as long as they did something like what they did for the faction the "Tanukhids" in Attila Total War...I think most of their mechanics and game play style could be quite interesting to say the least. Start them in either somewhere in Bretonnia or The Empire and watch them create havoc!

This thread excites me!

Beastmen need to be a horde + ambushing faction. They should be able to easily run and hide after sacking your towns. I don't think CA will make an entirely new faction only as a potential rebellion troops.

Wood elves are gonna be awesome.

In fact I wonder if a whole new set of forrest keep regions will be added to the game as territories only occupyable by both beastmen and wood elves.

They would have to be super spaced out

axicup's Avatar Civis

You seem to forget that horde factions in TW get destroyed rather quickly, and you don't see them for the rest of the game. I hope they are not a horde faction.

But that's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about an ambusher/horde faction.

Imagine a horde, but it was always in ambush stance. So with a high degree of success, the hordes can remain out of sight and raid you all day long. They'll have to encamp somewhere to build their strenght, but you can't just hunt them down because they are hidden

axicup's Avatar Civis

Sounds interesting. Or they could inhabit deep forests and have their "camps" there, and the forests would be impassable by anyone except the Wood Elves. Not sure if it's mechanically possible.

It could be mechanically possible. Same way that orcs/dwarfs can use the underway.

Just make new forrest regions that are impassible to most faction's, there are many impassible forests on the map right now (Athel loren obviously, but more as well) and these would work fine for beastmen + WE to live in

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Skaven and Wood Elves as dlc scare me. I hope they are fully fledged factions and properly integrated in the grand campaign.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

The Moot faction is needed as well. Halflings and their pies are the ultimate secret weapon against the forces of destruction.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Of course they'll be fully fledged faction's. Also, we can expect to only pay something like 8 dollars for them (chaos warriors is only 8 dollars). That's awesome! I was expecting it to cost 15 dollars per faction!

I think every DLC faction that CA adds will have around as many units as Chaos warriors, whereas free-LC faction's will be more like bretonnia

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Bet there's going to be mini campaign and they'll add those to the grand campaign.
    Maybe. The most obvious way for them to implement this though, is to do like they did with Empire. Put an entrance/exit zone to the Wood Elf forest, and entering it zaps your army into the expanded forest map. Likewise with the skaven and the underground stuff.

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    Maybe. The most obvious way for them to implement this though, is to do like they did with Empire. Put an entrance/exit zone to the Wood Elf forest, and entering it zaps your army into the expanded forest map. Likewise with the skaven and the underground stuff.
    Brilliant! If they didn't yet, go email them!

I don't think we need a separate forest map, persay, and I really hope that ulthuan isn't some sort of second map either..

But the underground thing, that might be needed. I think i'd prefer if somehow you literally went underground (like a see-through map or something with the overlay of what's above you)

Maybe wood elves + beastmen should be able to teleport from forest regions to other nearby forest regions...

Idk. Whatever they do to make wood elves happen will probably work for beastmen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    I hope Skaven are a DLC in Game One... i mean just because 1 Clan is present in the Warhammer South America can't be a reason to put them into Game two. I mean the others Clans and the Capitol City are in the old world.
    I would almost guarantee skaven will have some presence. If you look in between tilea and estalia you find a marsh that is impassible which is almost always noted as the location that skavenblight is hidden underneath.

If my lore knowledge is right, the Wood Elves can sort of "teleport" to most woods in the world. That's how they happen to get to Ulthuan and fight there. They have a "forest nature magic teleport link ability"-thing. They can move whole armies like that.

So Wood Elves could travel huge distances like that. You could make a transport limit per turn. So a big army would have 2 or 3 turns to teleport and a small amount of troops only 1 turn. It takes time to funnel people through a portal. Increase that with tech maybe? That would be pretty unique and a very good way to make them playable with only very few units. Since Wood Elves are not really known to be a big population anyway. Having huge numbers of armies (even lategame) would be extremely un-lore friendly.

Also, ambushing should be their strongpoint.