Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E3 2016 Discussion Thread

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: E3 2016 Discussion Thread

It looks nothing like DoW2. DoW2 was good. It looks like League of Legends mixed with Starcraft.

I didn't see anything interesting that is completely new this year (like most of years). Ubisoft as always terrible, how can a big publisher have "same" games, that feel, look and all play the same dull Ubisoft way? All other major publisher have completely diverse games, EA developers are using the same engine yet still the games mostly feel different.

And that crowd jesus christ, when Kratoses' axe levitates back to him they start cheering and wooing, for what you stupid s? Have you literally just seen a game for the first time in your life? Unbelievable.

Horizon is getting praised like the second coming, yet nothing earth shattering, looks like a solid game. BUT it has ROBOT animals and a FEMALE protagonist, OMG that is so original and indie.

Then the stupid fashion of showing the trailer and then showing another trailer the next E3 and maybe even the next. That is literally the worst thing about it, if you can't release the damn game until the next E3 why should we care? I expect Kojima will be showing Death Stranding until 2021.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Just reaching for stuff to complain about now are we?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I didn't see anything interesting that is completely new this year (like most of years). Ubisoft as always terrible, how can a big publisher have "same" games, that feel, look and all play the same dull Ubisoft way? All other major publisher have completely diverse games, EA developers are using the same engine yet still the games mostly feel different.

And that crowd jesus christ, when Kratoses' axe levitates back to him they start cheering and wooing, for what you stupid s? Have you literally just seen a game for the first time in your life? Unbelievable.

Horizon is getting praised like the second coming, yet nothing earth shattering, looks like a solid game. BUT it has ROBOT animals and a FEMALE protagonist, OMG that is so original and indie.

Then the stupid fashion of showing the trailer and then showing another trailer the next E3 and maybe even the next. That is literally the worst thing about it, if you can't release the damn game until the next E3 why should we care? I expect Kojima will be showing Death Stranding until 2021.
    "People are getting exited about things, they are dumb"
    -The cynical man.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

He's not wrong though, hype is the bain of intelligent consumers. And E3 is nothing if not corporate circlejerking.

Microsoft made the best decision this year regarding it's equipment and console-PC cross development though, but sony gets the love because they wave shiny trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Just reaching for stuff to complain about now are we?
    What's that supposed to mean, criticism of E3 must be "reaching out" and in no way credible?

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    "People are getting exited about things, they are dumb"
    -The cynical man.
    Exactly. A person is dumb when they see something that is really not in any shape or form groundbreaking in its respective domain and still get in a euphoria.

Then they pre-order(Despite being told that it is bad for them by every single person that is even slightly familiar with Video Game industry), then the broken/meh game arrives and the cycle of consumer stupidity goes on and on and on....

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    He's not wrong though, hype is the bain of intelligent consumers. And E3 is nothing if not corporate circlejerking.

Microsoft made the best decision this year regarding it's equipment and console-PC cross development though, but sony gets the love because they wave shiny trailers.
    Newsflash for you. Everything gets big shiny trailers. From the new Volvo to your washing powder which supposedly out diamants as you do your laundry and the new macdonals that is the best new meal ever (untill they find a new biurger offcours)

It are only self obsessed jerks like a Jimquisition or TB (or some people on forums) who feel the urge to tell people that because everyone else is stupid in their opinion and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions

Newsflash for you. Everything gets big shiny trailers. From the new Volvo to your washing powder which supposedly out diamants as you do your laundry and the new macdonals that is the best new meal ever (untill they find a new biurger offcours)
    Yes, and that is both wrong and stupid (on our part). It's corporate/advertisment manipulation of facts, engaging in dubious (if not outright evil) marketing ploys and gameplay strategies (in case of the gaming market) that manipulate our ingrained primitive psycological defects against our interests, both collectively and individually.
    Just because it's done, doesn't mean it's right.

It are only self obsessed jerks like a Jimquisition or TB (or some people on forums) who feel the urge to tell people that because everyone else is stupid in their opinion and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions
    It's because all these terrible marketing practices, from EA edition microtransactions, Day 1 DLC, incredibly buggy first releases, privacy breaking hardware (like Kinect), etc. Are the fault of the consumer that keeps buying into it.
    Ultimatly they are not telling you to not buy them, they are telling you why you probably shouldn't, and how it affects all of us.

BS with big bells on it. They are nor journalists nor fighters for a better world. They are entertainers and ego clickbaiters with their own biased preference, who just go with the flow and provide what their audience wanna hear. And their audience mainly wants to hear how awful gaming today is, and how everyone who enjoys a game is basicly a dumb idiot.

ahuh, but regardless of "they" and whatever beef you got with "them", the fact remains that E3 is nothing more than an industry wide circle jerk, and corporate entities as a whole demonstrably engage in horrible business practices, practices of which the videogame industry is certainly not blameless.

everyone who enjoys a game is basicly a dumb idiot.
    No, just the guys who buy games based on a trailer.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Never preorder games, never buy a game that you think is bad or based on a trailer. If I had a nickle for every time I hear people say "DA 2 is and EA has ripped us off but I'm going to buy it anyway even if I won't enjoy it".
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    ahuh, but regardless of "they" and whatever beef you got with "them", the fact remains that E3 is nothing more than an industry wide circle jerk, and corporate entities as a whole demonstrably engage in horrible business practices, practices of which the videogame industry is certainly not blameless.

No, just the guys who buy games based on a trailer.

I have no beef against "them". They are just a bunch of over the top, crowdpleasing, meaningless blown up ego's with empty messages who pretend to stand for something

Which, ironicly, makes them very similar like the gaming companies and games they criticise

And you have a really rosecoloured view of those guys. Post somewhere "I enjoy Rome 2/ Assassin's Creed/ any EA game", it will take about two posts before you get called a dumb idiot, because enjoying a game is a capital offense these days. What people do with their money is their bussines

And offcours E3 is a circlejerk. Everything these days is. That bigmac you see advertised isn't as big and tasty as the commercials pretend, and that Volkswagen certainly doesn't 5L/100KM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well its definatly stupid to pre order a game unless there is truly good cause to trust the developer. Even then I tend to avoid doing it though unless the preorder gives nice game content.

And to me a developer can gain my trust if they have a track record of releasing good quality games that are not a mess on release, and their new game truly appeals to me.
    Hence I didnt preorder warhammer total war, I did get it in the first week after release though due to the very positive response of the community. But I still wouldnt pre order the next total war game.

I did pre-order X-com 2. I liked the first game a lot, the sequel turned out to be better in every way, and I like to endorse games like this that step away from the standard formula.

I don't think I'd ever preorder an EA game though. Never did and never will. Its always a gamble if the game will be good, too much of a mess with overpriced season passes and such, and theres a history of some very bad release states of games.
    They occasionly do release a game that appeals to me, but I'll always wait untill its released, and often even a year or such after so I can pick up the game including DLC for a reasonable price.

They are just a bunch of over the top, crowdpleasing, meaningless blown up ego's with empty messages who pretend to stand for something
    And do you have any actual counter arguments to their points? Because really, dismissing their arguments because you like to waste your money however you like is only a valid argument within the context of your own monetary responsability.

And you have a really rosecoloured view of those guys. Post somewhere "I enjoy Rome 2/ Assassin's Creed/ any EA game", it will take about two posts before you get called a dumb idiot, because enjoying a game is a capital offense these days. What people do with their money is their bussines
    You can enjoy it, it doesn't mean their aren't legitimate criticisms towards the games and the consumer attitude that may have led to these criticisms. I enjoyed Rome II and Attila quite a lot, still do. Probably enjoy them more so because I bought them all (all of the TW series bar Rome I and Med II, which I already had) cheaper than ROME II at launch, and didn't have to deal with all the bugs and patches and expensive DLC that was the bane of TWC for so long. I intend to buy Warhammer eventually, since it's recieved nothing but praise.
    You don't need to wait that long, but it's a lot better than buying things on blind faith.

And offcours E3 is a circlejerk. Everything these days is. That bigmac you see advertised isn't as big and tasty as the commercials pretend, and that Volkswagen certainly doesn't 5L/100KM.
    Doesn't mean its good.

Ok, i'm done. It's pointless to reply to you, as you just quote and then insert something unrelated. I have no idea where "wasting money" (which makes you sound a lot like my nan when I tell her I play videogames) comes from when money was never the issue here. It was about how the gaming industry portrays itself and its products, and how it is no different from other industries, despite some narcisists telling you so. The pre-order "debate" can go itself for me, it's always the same whining and has been for the last 5 years.

I leave you with two things. a) a nice read about "wasting money"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...rchasing-power

and b) a request. Don't be a hypocrite. If the gaming industry makes you mad for lying to you, be mad at every industry that does so and complain about it. (little spoiler: you're gonna have t be mad a lot cause every industry does it)

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Personly I only tend to get mad when a game series I really liked gets ruined with a bad sequel and I find this out only once playing it and not prior to that. Mainly because here, I'd truly get disappointed. Since then its about a game that I'd truly want to be good, likely bad enough that I'd ignore some bad reviews and would want to judge for myself.
    Kind of like going to your favorite theme park and finding out when you are there that most of the stuff you liked got replaced with new stuff you dont care about.

I gues its mostly sadness though, with an occasional angry outburst. But that anger might partially even be directed at myself for being fooled into thinking the specific game would have been good.

On the plus side, it can make other games look far less disappointing in comparison. Nothing, not even Rome 2 was able to disappoint me as deeply as Neverwinter Nights 2 did. It came closer to that than any other game, but still. It simply disappointed me in every single aspect of the game. I just wanted to believe it would be good, I tried it and was just facing disappointment in everything I encountered about the game.
    Allowed me to enjoy Empire total war just fine on release, the bugs didnt bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post

Self obsessed jerks for telling you that you are being screwed over? Are you some kind of corporate agent paid to infiltrate gaming forums? You do realize there is good marketing and bad marketing? Consumer friendly practices and non friendly? Just compare CD Projekt Red to Ubisoft....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12