Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting Started - Modding for Newbies

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Getting Started - Modding for Newbies

I've got next to no experience in campaign modding, so I can't help you out.
    All I can suggest is open the Assembly Kit - Extra Tasks - Search All and type in whatever you're searching, eg whatever the key is for the Clan Moors HQ. Then it'll show you all the tables where that entry is linked to so you can get an idea of how it works and everything links together.

Well, I tried that, and none of the search results seemed to have anything to do with the region it could be built in. I was hoping moving a landmark to a different region would be a fairly basic change, but it's looking like it might be too complex for someone with no experience whatsoever like me.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Chad V (Vandy) from the C&C Modding Den Discord has created a Modding For Dummies guide. He's a much better Warhammer modder than me, so here ya go.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...NrsKGuU2o/edit

Hello everyone, I would just like to start off saying that I have modded in past TW games mainly R2TW and TWH. I'm not sure if something is different with TWH2 but whenever I am trying to change things around it never seems to actually apply to the game. For example I was trying to change around how much upkeep units had by going into main_units table and changing the value there. After I would do that I would apply the mod and load it but once I get into a campaign to check if everything is working properly absolutely nothing was changed. I seem to be having this issue with every table I try to change around, and its all simple/easy stuff that I did in past games. Even if I try to change how much damage arrows do by going into the projectiles_table still nothing changes. I have have the newest version of PFM and the schemas for it.

If anyone is able to shed some light on this it would be much appreciated, thanx.
    -mini

Hi!
    First, thanks for this tutorial it was very helpful !
    I'm currently trying to do a mod : a lizardmen overhaul but i'm experiencing a problem.
    I'm using the PFM 5.0 version and i already did a test mod ( i just changed the stats of one unit) which i launched and it worked well. So with this little success i tried to go further and begin my real mod. For now and for this one i have just changed stats of units and i've only used battle_entities table, land_units table, main_units table, melee_weapons table, projectiles table, projectiles_explosions table, unit_special_abilities table. So i have not finished yet but to see my progress i tried to launch it, but it never launches it goes on the Warhammer 2 logo screen, loads a bit and then crashes without any error message.

I don't know where the error comes from. i have made sure to rename all the data tables as you mentioned in the tutorial, i press on the "check table for errors" and it says there is none, and i supress all the rows of files i'm not using (there may have some that are untouched because i thought i would use them and in the end i did not. Can the problem comes from that?)
    When i tried to launch my mod i had also ticked "activate expired mods".

So here i am, lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance !

p.S : Sorry if there are some mistakes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234