Thread: 7-zip apparently struggling with Titanium

Default 7-zip apparently struggling with Titanium

Hi there! I'm hoping someone here might have some ideas what's going on here.

I'd struggled for about two days trying to get Titanium installed, before I noticed that 7-zip seems to be unpacking the archive incorrectly. I've used 7-zip for years, but I've never come up against this problem: when I open the archive, there are apparently many more files contained within it than get extracted. So far, I've been trying to manually extract any missing files that didn't make it to the unpacked folder, but it's hit-and-miss and I often don't notice that something's missing until I experience a CTD while playing and check the error log. For example, upon comparing the models_strat folder, less than half of the files extracted to the unpacked folder on the first pass, forcing me to manually move each one to ensure that they got where they were supposed to be.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm completely stumped as to what's causing this, but I'm pretty convinced that it's causing a lot of errors; I would very much appreciate a solution because the only solution I've managed to come up with is, as I said, manually moving each file individually to the appropriate folder, which is an incredibly tedious prospect.

I'm almost wondering if it's a Windows 10 problem, but I honestly have no way of knowing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: 7-zip apparently struggling with Titanium

the simple fix is to try using a different archive handler.
    other than that, it could be a permissions issue?
    I dont know anything about 10. so i have no guidance there.

Alright. I'll try and find another program to see if it makes a difference and report back with my findings. Thanks.

Don't suppose anyone has any suggestions on which alternative archive handler to try?
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; June 11, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

Have you tried winrar?

Switching to winrar seems to have fixed it, actually. Thanks for the recommendation.

I still don't understand what was causing 7-zip to be problematic, but I suppose the why doesn't matter so much as a solution.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; June 13, 2016 at 10:20 PM.