Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III - Post your Empires

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III - Post your Empires

Deleted...
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 26, 2017 at 04:48 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

deleted
    Last edited by ferike_2007; December 09, 2016 at 12:20 PM.

Romavictoria, would you mind explaining the format for your fleets? I think I count 8 bireme, 9 trireme, and 3 of the larger ships. Is that a ratio of 1 top-tier for 2 of the two bottom tier ships? Or is it more complex than that

Balor, I am currently playing as the Ptolemaic Kingdom and would like to ask you about your armies. This is my first campaign on RS, playing 2.6 at the moment, m/m in order to learn the ropes. I can see myself playing h/h next time, and arguably there have been some tight spots already where the extra difficulty level may have tipped the scales against me.

First of all, how on earth do you have so many! I have more territory than you do; I am expanding north in Anatolia beyond the initial holdings, capturing all settlements on the southern and western side of the Euphrates, as well as Crete, Rhodes and the Greek city in Libya.

However, I still only have 4 active armies and no where near as many elite units as you.

Secondly, I would be interested to discuss your compositions, the relative strengths etc. I have far too many questions having looked at your armies, so perhaps you might like to talk about them? For instance, I have never used more than 6 phalanx units in an army, and I'm not sure how more would help me. I am also not using my marines at the moment, as their stats are the same or worse than the... (oh dear, now I need to try and remember the names of these units...) Kappadocian units in southern Anatolia (obviously unaccessibly to you currently), Judean Infantry and the Machairaphoroi Epilektoi. Crucially, all of these units have javelins also.

Of course, you may well be trying to just introduce some variety into your rosters.

I remember when I was looking at each faction, inspecting their locations and the units available, when I stumbled upon the recruitment scroll in Alexandria. My jaw dropped. The variety of units seemed to be an embarrassment of riches. But, now... I have ships sailing the Mediterranean recruiting interesting mercenaries, and each of my armies is unique in its uni composition, if not necessarily in its overall format.

[spoiler]Generally 6 pikes (1 type per army, different types in each), 1-2 generals, 4 infantry, then depending on the army, the remaining consists of either 2 archers or 2 slingers, with 6 cavalry or a mixture of heavy infantry and light, or 4 horse archers with two skirmishers, or no ranged units expect skirmishers. I'm trying to teach myself how to win with lots of different combinations, after an early game reliance on taking two slingers behind enemy lines, and scoring 600+ kills with those units alone!

Ignore. Wrong thread, sorry.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

here are some pictures and progress report's from my roman campaign

the year is 626 AUC. gaul,iberia,africa are now part of the roman empire
    greece is still an enemy but mainland and the islands are roman
    they hold some ground up north but are no threat anymore
    makadonia is after long fights our vassel and protecting our border with the greeks.

diplomacy wise im at peace with all factions around me.belgea are long term allies,same as pontus and pergamon.
    the boii are neutral but scarred to attack it seems, they wander aroud but don't attack. the getic are at war with sythia and are occupied with that
    so for the romans it is peace for now, lets enjoy it but prepare for wars to come.

currently making around 120000 per turn
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG]
    this is how the world looks like for now, most factions have a good size nation so i expect some verry though fighting up ahead.

everything in the yellow zone needs to be taken so alot to do still:-)
    [IMG][/IMG]

here some pictures from the factionleader ,his son and his nephew and succesor.
    [IMG] the first historic leader of this campaign,a great general that has won an insane amount of battles, subdued most of spain and africa, and assisted his son to take over gaul. now he returns to rome for his old days.[/IMG]the son is gonna be like his dad, a great general that has taken many towns,and probably gonna be a historic leader to[IMG][/IMG]he has taken most off greece and pannonia[IMG][/IMG]

nice pictures from a new military camp, it has some pathfinding issues but overall its better.and pictures of rhodos
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hey tungri,

nice empire, I'm sure you enjoyed it at every second.

yea feri feri i lost intrest in totalwar for some time,but last weeks i started playing rs3 again and liked it. updates come soon
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

+1 for that Empire! You should try out my submod, tungri.
    I wonder how aggressive Dacia is in your game? They invaded Italy in my Roman campaign... + Pergamon betrayed me.

This is my campaign:

I conquered Iberia and Carthage. Macedon and the Greeks declared war and I 'freed' their terrority. Then Pergamon declared war, but I got my ballista's ready.
    I conquered 4 cities including Pergamon in just 1 turn, showing them the might of Rome.

I love this mod! Every time my armies stand before the enemy city gates or march through enemy lands, I say with a low-pitched voice: "Rome is here!".

My greatest trouble was with Dacia... They kept spawning doom stacks at the borders. Salonae fell soon and the walled city of Segestica was razed.
    Complete Roman armies were wiped out. They invaded Italy and had sieged Patavium. Endless recruitment got Rome large armies. Dacia was fought back all
    to their homeland. I razed their cities to the ground and returned their lands as I cannot defend it all.

However... the cities in Pergamon rebelled soon. I peacefully occupy conquered territoty, but rebels get the extermination option. I razed Sardeis, Lysi and Side to the ground.
    I spared Ephesos because of the temple... but then my own general turned against me... Rome will not spare rebels another time... BURNED!

However, these campaigns in Dacia and Pergamon made me neglect Gaul. The Arveni are gone and completely replaced by the fearsome Galleaci. But they have never managed
    to build a strong empire. The Cimbri is currently invading them... taking their weak settlements along with the Boii. I suppose I'll need to protect the Gallaeci and free their cities.

nice roman empire to quintillius.in my campaign nobody is really that aggressive.the boii have a large border with me but they beg for peace every 2 turns,belgae still didn't attack me even im bordered with them for some time now.(probably when i start again they attack) only pontus and pergamon have betrayed me and suffered for doing so, im fearing that the silver shields or ptolomaics will be aggressive like in previous rs2.6 campaigns.

thought your mod was included in rs3. but not completely it seems. gonna install.

back with an update.

the east:after pontus declared war on me my legions gathered around byzantion for a quick campaign to take hold of the northern coast of asia minor and to push them back to their armenian lands, but then pergamon decided also to stab me in the back and sieged byzantion and nicomedia,so the legions where only able to push to amasia and set up defensive forts to block possible attacks from pontus. the attacking legions turnded around and started killing the poor equiped army's of pergamon,winning easy battles,and taking the city's by storm. my 2 expert assassins pushed ahead killing most off the noble ones,exept the king. to let him feel the wrath of rome and make him regret his dicision to attack me. meanwile some extra army's are in asia minor to keep the peace and fend of pontus trying to cross the river at amasia
    [IMG][/IMG]

the west: alot less action, a couple off legions are stationed close to the borders with the boii and belgae.
    they are bussy fighting for land, and leaving me for now. but im building up forces around massalia. and iff they dicide to attack me i go for belgeae settlements west of the rhine and defensive on the danuba.
    [IMG][/IMG]

some battle pics,on some great locations.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]my merc pike army defending the bridge at amasia fended of 3 pontic stacks and was then disbanded[/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; January 11, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

+1! Pergamon betrayed me as well, but Pontus asked for an alliance, ghehe.

How many settlements do you have? Show me the pics when the rebellion starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    Show me the pics when the rebellion starts.
    i have disabled the 2de rebellion . don't like the way it works. don't wanna loose half my settlements. if it was only the army's and some settlements that was ok by me but loosing army's and settlements is to mutch for me

Tesla's Avatar Senator

My latest campaign, Armenia year is 655auc

At war with Rome, Carthage and Sarmatia.
    Germans were stretched to the black sea but they were stretched a bit thin and Arverni, Boii and Scythia took lots of their territories.
    Also Boii and Rome are allied, luckily the Boii are fighting the Arverni so they haven't attacked me yet.

down to page 4??? show your empires guys!!!

ill post new update soon

some pictures of my campaign.

pergamon,ptolais where easy to fight afterall,most of their troops probably did fight the seleucids and sufferd hard leaving the city's unprotected.i have taken the nile delta with just 1 army. the seleucids had alot of army's around antioch, and hold the border for a long time untill new legions arrived. now with them puched back they are still strong and have taken over some parthian regions,so im not finished with them i suspect.
    [IMG][/IMG]hard fight against the armenians,their elite infantry and cav are as good as the roman praetorians, one battle and my army was useless[IMG][/IMG]the borders are set,there will be no more expansion exept for Van. all the rest will be defending the empire and raid/destroy border settlements [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] in the north i will take some city's in brittania,but first i raize them to the ground a few times. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Roma Victrix but ill keep playing alongside my bosporian campaign[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; December 30, 2017 at 05:56 PM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@ tungri_centurio: Well done on your victory laddie, some great screenies too
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Tungri, well done!
    Do you have a savegame right before the second rebellion? With the provinces Gaul, Britain, Egypt still not conquered?

didn't have the second rebellion enabled quintillius.

Hi guys, here is some pics of my latest campaign, Arverni (H/VH), Large. This is one of my longest campaign ever, especially because I took a long time before the invasion of Italy.
    I must have fought 80 battles against romans on the passages of the Alps leading there , I'm a bit disappointed by the behavior of the AI with them, they never attacked Bononia or Patavium, cutting down all sorts of expansion on the east, with me on the other hand taking all their forces in the face ahah. In some campaign, they went right to Segestica so... not lucky on this one. Same kind of a deal with Carthago and Gallaeci, amazing number of battles around Nemausus. I maintained all this fine people during my conquest of Belgae nation and then go after them. In the order, Rome, Carthago and Spain together, while keeping away Boii and Dacia on the line Rugium, Hattowizha, Noreia.

These pics are taking place after the fall of the last city of Spain, Brigantion : 6 stacks coming north to Gergovia which is my only city so far with the highest levels of temples of war. A bit of retraining and ... where to ?

I must say that I'm constantly amazed by this game, it will never cease to surprise me : when I saw these Samnites unit, I was so happy, I absolutely cherish the fact that a lot of mercenaries units change appearance from one faction to another. I had never saw this blue ribbon around the shield of this unit, as for the Bruttian spermen or Brythonic spearmen !!!

But right now, with 17 full stacks, I must admit that I don't know what to do next... I am ally with greeks since 80 turns more or so, but I have only gave them 2000 denarii, while giving 15000 to their Sarmatians foes during this long period... The diplomacy is so confusing, I managed in previous party to make protectorates without forcing it for example, but never managed to keep an alliance on the long terms. In fact, I'm pretty sure that when we will get a common border, they will attack. You may see that they are facing a major depreciation with their military forces but still, I'd like to be cool with them. Or just take Greece from them...
    I'm hesitating between conquering north africa and Egypt, annihilate Boii (except Segestica perhaps) and face all the Dacian kingdom (which I only fight at Rugium so far) or keep the status quo with these two last and invade Greece...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast