Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2 is released!

Sorry if that is a stupid question.. .. Are there different Roman Legions included like in De Bello Mundi mod?

Thank you for a reply

Greets Marc

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Where is "nearby"? Any province with the hidden_resource eastcelt is valid for a Boii Confed (that covers the Balkan Celts, eastern Celts and Alpine Celts - plus Galatia).
    Alkimoennos, Noreia, Gorsissa, on the2 ones on towards Aedui near Alps. I have 82% 79% 76% and i read the strategy and i think i should have them so destroying Allied state does not give me any better options than "Allied state"...So Argoi and retainers only in Streunta. By the way there is no Bataroi in Streunta either only in those towns where i have "Allied state" established. Kinda strange, maybe i need bigger sttlements now for Confederation government?
    Last edited by bordinis; June 06, 2016 at 09:13 AM.

Well done. It downloaded quickly and smoothly and installed easily. I like the smaller triarii units and there are plenty of allied hoplites early in the game. Only the core of the army should be Roman. I also like the noisy horns. They are disconcerting, which was their purpose. It adds realism.
    Do I really have to install Java 8 to use the switcher and access the unit guide? Though it is supported by my operating system, I'm not keen on it.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Started a Carthaginian campaign and the price/upkeep of the lybian infantry (levy hoplites) seemed a bit too high compared to, lets say, their equivalent early numidian swordsman. seing that their unit size was reduced couldn't figure why so, is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Sorry if that is a stupid question.. .. Are there different Roman Legions included like in De Bello Mundi mod?

Thank you for a reply

Greets Marc
    Not sure what you mean, I've never played DBM. Different how?

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Alkimoennos, Noreia, Gorsissa, on the2 ones on towards Aedui near Alps. I have 82% 79% 76% and i read the strategy and i think i should have them so destroying Allied state does not give me any better options than "Allied state"...So Argoi and retainers only in Streunta. By the way there is no Bataroi in Streunta either only in those towns where i have "Allied state" established. Kinda strange, maybe i need bigger sttlements now for Confederation government?
    You need at least a Large Town (2000 households) for a Confed - so that could be the bar.

You can't recruit Bataroi in eastern Celtic regions, they're a Gallic (ie western Celtic) unit.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian8 View Post
    Well done. It downloaded quickly and smoothly and installed easily. I like the smaller triarii units and there are plenty of allied hoplites early in the game. Only the core of the army should be Roman. I also like the noisy horns. They are disconcerting, which was their purpose. It adds realism.
    Do I really have to install Java 8 to use the switcher and access the unit guide? Though it is supported by my operating system, I'm not keen on it.
    The switcher and RV are both built on Java, so yes, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Started a Carthaginian campaign and the price/upkeep of the lybian infantry (levy hoplites) seemed a bit too high compared to, lets say, their equivalent early numidian swordsman. seing that their unit size was reduced couldn't figure why so, is it correct?
    I hadn't scaled their cost down to accomodate their shrinking, good spot. They should be 990.

Oh that explains things then i need large town, thanks, i like how CAI is aggressive and those small features like relieve the siege of Felsina and so forth thanks!

Nope i made them large towns( the mentioned cities ) and i still do not have Confederation government option, the best one is Allied state( 8 turns to build ) then there is Migration( which gives uextias and retainers but no Argoi and the last one is oligarchy and democracy government, i made those cities to large towns with wall with 2000+ inhabitants and still no Confederation, maybe i need something else still?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    Hi

Turn 4 with Epeiros
    _ someone already wrote about this problem with Sparta and Athens, but Demetrias and Pella also don't have ports
    Hello,

Playing as makedon, cai-average/bai-average, Pella and Demetrias have lighouses /blue circle when you put the mouse on the tile/ trade lines going in and out. But, but Athens and Sparta dont, as i reported in the thread, i conquered those both. If Kaskad is playing Epeiros and he founds Pella and Demetrias lack port ( have you conquered them yet? or does it happens before you conquer them?)... someone should check if playing as KH and conquering Pella/Demetrias and/or Ambrakia/Epidammos those have ports. If they dont.. you have a strange bug there id say.

Regards:

Melvi

so im rly satisfied with battles now(except those fking war horns ). im playing Pritonoi again which i didnt finished coz of some crash and i rly love Esseda chariots. Still its about cavalry win--attack rear etc, but their huge morale impact and attack in moment of surprise do rest what others didnt. Even in city where i held with some Cav enter to square maybe vs 5 units and attacked with Esseda to rear it was like do from 30% casualties into 70% just in blick moment. But still i really feel compassion with ai Carthage. They are on good way to get wreck by numidia again due to their absolutely stupid moves( instead of def besieged city rather go siege one of their although they have next stack to def it). Or sending half stack here and there by Lilybum to Capua again and again. No other ,,splitted'' factions play that bad. Thats same problem like with Rome in early phase, where they hold 2 fs armies in north bcoz of independents and let take others. Ye Carthage have fs in Lepki, but defending against rebels who are maybe 3 turn march far by city. suppose its hardcoded. On one side we see highest priority def. their own city, on second they absolutely piss on that and go on walk In adition its need to say, that Rome hold there those stacks for good reason, bcoz those rebels are real agresiv.
    Last edited by Maroslav; June 06, 2016 at 11:30 AM.

It seems the Soliferra doesnt have a thrown model. Is this a bug or do we not have a model for it yet?
    Tested it on 2 scutarii units.

also great rep. for changes in diplomatic stances. War between Nabataea and Ptolemais, no stupid aliances till 15 turn and finally independent decision for Pergamon what to do.

CAI is very aggresive enjoying it a lot, Sweboz took war on me on turn 37, carthage destroyed on turn 79, and Bosphoros too, Romans are wrecking stuff, Sarmatians are war willing enough, Lougiones my ally joined war with Sweboz, Pritanoi finnally got into mainland and started wrecking some havoc- very much enjoying this CAI not to mention improved settlements and sieges that are now actually fun. Some minor crashes and bugs here and there but really better overall. Those trumpets could be less louder or atleast you could change their loudness via sound options. Also noticed victory conditions now have faction icons whose a player need to conquer, amazing small features: like romans are getting to the Alps, help gauls defend from them, relieve the siege of Falcina. Thank you very much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

Playing as makedon, cai-average/bai-average, Pella and Demetrias have lighouses /blue circle when you put the mouse on the tile/ trade lines going in and out. But, but Athens and Sparta dont, as i reported in the thread, i conquered those both. If Kaskad is playing Epeiros and he founds Pella and Demetrias lack port ( have you conquered them yet? or does it happens before you conquer them?)... someone should check if playing as KH and conquering Pella/Demetrias and/or Ambrakia/Epidammos those have ports. If they dont.. you have a strange bug there id say.

Regards:

Melvi
    It's just the starting KH trio, because of a bug where they'd be spawned with the wrong culture. That seems not to be happening, so in the patch (just finalising testing) they're no longer created by the script.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    It seems the Soliferra doesnt have a thrown model. Is this a bug or do we not have a model for it yet?
    Tested it on 2 scutarii units.
    Eh? I've watched soliferra being thrown, and flying, many times. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Not sure what you mean, I've never played DBM. Different how?

You need at least a Large Town (2000 households) for a Confed - so that could be the bar.

You can't recruit Bataroi in eastern Celtic regions, they're a Gallic (ie western Celtic) unit.

The switcher and RV are both built on Java, so yes, I'm afraid.

I hadn't scaled their cost down to accomodate their shrinking, good spot. They should be 990.

----------

->>>>>> If you conquer Africa - for example - with Rome then you can build the Legio XXVI
    and if you conquer Hispanica then you can build Legio XXVII
    and so on:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...ps_-_AD_80.png

they have different banners, colors and so on. ..
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; June 06, 2016 at 11:58 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quick question: is the EB II launcher and the uninstall launcher supposed to be placed in the main M2TW folder??!! That's odd. The game plays just fine. An EB II folder has been created in the "mods" folder where it should be. I just thought this was strange and perhaps unintended. Am I the only one experiencing this or is this by design?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    ----------

->>>>>> If you conquer Africa - for example - with Rome then you can build the Legio XXVI
    and if you conquer Hispanica then you can build Legio XXVII
    and so on:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...ps_-_AD_80.png

they have different banners, colors and so on. ..
    No, simply put.

If you put a Provinciae in those places, then when the Marian reforms come around, you get legion-like local units and auxiliaries suitable for supporting the legions. But the only place you get actual Romans is Italy (and a bit of Illyria and Cisalpine Gaul).

What i mean is that my scutarii threw javelins but they looked like Pilum(metal and wood) while flying at the enemy(if you pause). When they hold it in hand, it looks like a javelin made completely of metal.
    I am seeing 2 different javelin models. Is this an engine limitation?

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2a is released!

I've updated the original post with a link to the v2.2a patch.

Not savegame compatible, it should fix several of the commonly reported issues (like enslavement causing crashes) and alters a few other things. Iberia has been shaken up a little more; no more wall-less villages, and no more falcatas for Lusitanians or Celtiberians. Leusitane bodyguards are less overpowered as a result. Lots more tweaks besides, I'll write the list up properly later.

EDIT: Apologies, there are several subtly different versions of this; make sure you downloaded it after 2127 BST, with the last edit. If you grabbed it earlier, you'll need to re-download.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 06, 2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Updated zip with a launch.bat

Guys, Hard Campaign Difficulty and Hard Battle difficulty - those are the recommended settings right?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Iberians and Colchis Is the oldest People! Georgians (Iberians and Colchians) deserve to have their units in this game! Shame on you Developers !