Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5304546474849505152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Laetus

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Thanks a lot for the in depth help, and the new instructions. I will attempt to install again when i find some time for it. Sorry, for the delayed response, but know that i really appreciate it.

You are probably asked this a lot but... If I want to play another mod how should I edit the launch options on my steam? Whenever I start another mod it launches EB2.

Hey folks. My computer has only one hard drive and I have M2TW only on steam, so I can't move my installation as per the mod install instruction. Is there no way for me to play the game given these constraints?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by germanpeon View Post
    Hey folks. My computer has only one hard drive and I have M2TW only on steam, so I can't move my installation as per the mod install instruction. Is there no way for me to play the game given these constraints?

Thanks.
    You won't be able to patch, and 2.2b probably won't run properly. So no, not really, I'm afraid.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've got one HDD, game on steam and EBII is working.
    I believe you need to change the Steam default folder during the Steam installation. Or somehow different, I don't remember.

Thanks.
    If all alse fails just re-instal MTWII in a new folder. It make take some time to redownload the file, but other than that it's pretty easy and self-explanatory when you install. You can have multiple steam folders on the same disk no problem so it's not going to use any extra space either
    Last edited by Anubis88; June 25, 2017 at 06:30 AM.

Decanus

I also only have one HDD on my laptop and use steam. I followed some of the instructions on the first page and EB2 works fine so far. I have not gotten too many turns in. I'd say give it a shot. You can always uninstall via steam.

I have not tried patching, however......

Quote Originally Posted by Geffalrus View Post
    I also only have one HDD on my laptop and use steam. I followed some of the instructions on the first page and EB2 works fine so far. I have not gotten too many turns in. I'd say give it a shot. You can always uninstall via steam.

I have not tried patching, however......
    I'd recommend that you do. There's all sorts of broken stuff in 2.2b we've long since fixed.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    12. To launch the game and play you have to navigate to your EBII folder

[Windows] M2TW/mods/EBII
    [Linux] share/data/mods/ebii
    [Mac] medieval2data/mods/ebii

[Windows] Once there, double click the bat file there aptly named launch. You can also right click it and send a shortcut to your desktop.

[Windows/Linux/Mac Steam Version] Open up steam and then right click on Medieval 2 Total War from the Steam Game Library and select Properties.

1. Now click on “SET LAUNCH OPTIONS…”

2. Insert this;
    --features.mod=mods/EBII

3. Click on OK

4. Close the Properties window

5. Start MED II (select “Play Medieval II: Total War")

[Linux Alternative] You will need wine to launch the mod using the wine console command (note this directory must match what you named them); wine cmd < share/data/mods/ebii/launch.bat

Check this video for further clarification.

[Mac Alternative] You will need wine to launch the mod using the wine console command; wine cmd < medieval2data/mods/ebii/launch.bat

This video can also apply to Mac users, despite being for Linux.
    Aren't the shortcuts already placed on the desktop for us? I always get both shortcuts even though only one of them is for me (non-Steam version in my case). Can I use the already created shortcut instead of following this step 12? Can I also delete the other shortcut (Steam version in my case)?