Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1089

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Either follow the instructions carefully or don't, it's up to you.

If you experience crashes in the future - like I said, don't complain... You must proceed with the installation not just extract. We're not paid to do this, we're just trying to make sure people have the most enjoyable experience possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpus View Post
    Instructions three to six don't seem to bear any relevance to my installation. When I opened the download, it simply asked for a location to extract the files to. Maybe other people are experiencing different things, but surely it wouldn't change within the same OS?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I did. I'm saying that I had no idea what those instructions are for, because nothing I did required them.

Then you didn't download the correct thing - you should have a screen like this asking you to extract.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpus View Post
    I did. I'm saying that I had no idea what those instructions are for, because nothing I did required them.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Is there another download link where it's split in four parts like other mods to download? My pc keeps cutting off at 66% download and then i have to start all over again.

Why don't you just download the torrent? Torrents are automatically protected from that sort of problem. Just be sure to use qbittorrent as your client.
    The AI Workshop Creator

seriously wtf, installing this takes a degree in IT, i am not capable of all these instructions, you throw them out like were all computer boffins. The worst part is, im quite computer literate, i feel so sorry for those people who are generally clueless! why the hell cant we just have a simple install all in one! what a pain in the ass! Ill give it a go i guess but i know im going to get it wrong and end up just not playing like last time i tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhard View Post
    seriously wtf, installing this takes a degree in IT, i am not capable of all these instructions, you throw them out like were all computer boffins. The worst part is, im quite computer literate, i feel so sorry for those people who are generally clueless! why the hell cant we just have a simple install all in one! what a pain in the ass! Ill give it a go i guess but i know im going to get it wrong and end up just not playing like last time i tried.
    I make no apology for EBII being one of the most complex and involved mods there is, which means you need to take care with the installation. We didn't dream those instructions up in a vacuum, they've been gleaned through bitter experience of all the problems people commonly have during installation. We have myriad different setups out there - different operating systems, different versions of M2TW (Steam or retail), all of which impact on how you install and run the game. So it's not possible to have "a simple install all in one".

Which leaves you with two choices: follow the instructions carefully, and get a working game. Or don't. Up to you.

When downloading either the .zip or .7z file, they are automatically considered "corrupted" or "invalid" upon opening, and cannot be used. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by zillamaster55 View Post
    When downloading either the .zip or .7z file, they are automatically considered "corrupted" or "invalid" upon opening, and cannot be used. Why is that?
    Where are you getting them from?

Hahaha, no offence but I if you can't follow the instructions I don't think you are computer literate.

Laetus

I am trying to move my Med2 installation, but as i only have a single harddrive unfortunately, i get an error saying that i cannot have two installation paths in the same drive. I'm very confused, because i have installed EBII previously, and successfully moved it to another place on my C: drive. At some point i removed all versions of Med2, in order to get a fresh install, and it is now back in program files x64.

The alternative guide to moving steam installations is also gone, as the link is dead, and the thread removed. Steam's own guide is not helping me very much in this regard.

So I did a download from the torrent and the other ways to download and it say's that the zip is corrupt can anybody help in this regard

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, apologies if this has been answered before, but is it possible to get away with installing this mod within program files where my Steam M2TW folder is if I don't plan to patch it or modify the files? Would that still cause issues with running the mod regardless of whether I'm modifying the mod files?

I have a fair bit invested in that installation of m2tw and don't wish to move the installation outside of my program files for fear of disrupting the other mods installed.

I also have a 'Take Ownership' tool installed to my context menu if that would help avoid any issues that arise with the mod being within my program files. I'm on Windows 10 and have User Account Control set to 'off'.

Any info is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi View Post
    I am trying to move my Med2 installation, but as i only have a single harddrive unfortunately, i get an error saying that i cannot have two installation paths in the same drive. I'm very confused, because i have installed EBII previously, and successfully moved it to another place on my C: drive. At some point i removed all versions of Med2, in order to get a fresh install, and it is now back in program files x64.

The alternative guide to moving steam installations is also gone, as the link is dead, and the thread removed. Steam's own guide is not helping me very much in this regard.
    I'll see if I can track down some alternative links. EDIT: See here:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    You mean moving it into a different drive ( to shorten the path, I assume)?

This should do the trick:

Open your steam launcher\application (the one with store, library, community)

1. Select 'steam\settings'
    2. Select 'downloads'
    3. Click 'steam library folders'
    4. Click 'add library folder'
    5. Select a different drive from the drop down list (same drive is not possible)
    6. Create a folder if desired (advisable)
    7. Click 'Select'

After that you go back to your library and right click the M2TW link

1. Select 'properties'
    2. Click on the 'local files' tab and select 'move install folder'
    3. Select your new destination from the drop down
    4. Click 'Move Folder'

You get a progress bar which should be the end of the procedure (I didn't want to wait around to copy all 70GB of my M2TW folder).

I would assume all your M2TW desktop shortcuts are screwed now...

The folder gets moved in it's entirety, custom mods and all. The desktop shortcuts need to be adjusted to the new path. The shortening in the path is marginal.

Old path to mods folder if steam is installed into default path (74 chars)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\

New path to mods folder (57 chars)
    F:\Steamlib\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\

Quote Originally Posted by srobert1988 View Post
    So I did a download from the torrent and the other ways to download and it say's that the zip is corrupt can anybody help in this regard
    All I can suggest is try other sources. Have you tried both installer and non-installer versions?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    Hi, apologies if this has been answered before, but is it possible to get away with installing this mod within program files where my Steam M2TW folder is if I don't plan to patch it or modify the files? Would that still cause issues with running the mod regardless of whether I'm modifying the mod files?

I have a fair bit invested in that installation of m2tw and don't wish to move the installation outside of my program files for fear of disrupting the other mods installed.

I also have a 'Take Ownership' tool installed to my context menu if that would help avoid any issues that arise with the mod being within my program files. I'm on Windows 10 and have User Account Control set to 'off'.

Any info is much appreciated.
    Sorry, but I can't guarantee the game will work properly installed there. We've had countless issues with Windows 10, Program Files, VirtualStore and UAC (it's never really off). Nor will you be able to patch.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; February 22, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'll see if I can track down some alternative links.

All I can suggest is try other sources. Have you tried both installer and non-installer versions?

Sorry, but I can't guarantee the game will work properly installed there. We've had countless issues with Windows 10, Program Files, VirtualStore and UAC (it's never really off). Nor will you be able to patch.

Yeah I did download all of them and the same thing it is corrupted at a specific file I really don't know if it's at my end ( And if that is true then I have no clue how to fix it ) or the files are corrupted on the torrent and normal download link . Anybody else has this problem ?

Yeah I did download all of them and the same thing it is corrupted at a specific file I really don't know if it's at my end ( And if that is true then I have no clue how to fix it ) or the files are corrupted on the torrent and normal download link . Anybody else has this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert1988 View Post
    The corrupted file was one bad torrent; everyone who encountered it managed to find it from a different source.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, thank you for your response. I suppose I'll install and test it, but won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi View Post

Easiest way would be to just unistall Steam and reinstall at C:\Steam from the beginning.

We have a new set of instructions on moving your Steam installation, besides those official ones linked in the first post.