Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wakes Overhaul (WIP) Ver. 1.4.7

Default Re: Wakes Overhaul (WIP) Ver. 1.4.7

Hello,

is this mod still active and updating? I have played vanilla and Radious mod so far, but they both failed to align with my ideas of a good Total War Warhammer game. This mods sound much more to my liking (especially since the lead-modder seems to be a armor-smith in real life ). The important question for me is, will this mod be updated frequently especially for the future DLCs (i.e. The Grim and the Grave)? And is there a place, where I can see the major changes to the vanilla game, like which new units are added etc.?

And at the risk of being stoned, may I ask how this mod compares to the Steel Faith Overhaul Mod? Both mods sound really promising and I'm looking for long term commitment. My merits are loyalty, some experience in balancing games and extended lore knowledge without major racial bias.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

How are you liking the fact that the Co-Lead and 2D artist is a martial artist also involved in historical european martial arts?

Truth be told, we've been neglecting TWC lately, largely due to the fact that I'm mostly unavailable due to a loss in my close family. So I haven't added all the updates on Steam on here.
    I will get on that soonTM, and hopefully have some free time to get on 2D art again, and get some more shinies out.

All that said, we are still hard at work, and don't intend to abandon it. This is our vision of how TW Warhammer should be, and we will likely be working on it until we feel it's perfect.

And I haven't heard of that Steel Faith Overhaul yet. So I can't say anything on the matter.
    We'd welcome any constructive input regardless.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Awesome! As a long time Martial Artist myself, of course it lights my heart to know that the people in charge of this mod are not just keyboard warriors Though I have to say, that the Black-Smith-scene has preserved their heritage and reputation much better than the global Martial Arts scene. But that's a topic for another time =)

I have some further questions concerning the mod:

1. Should I post feedback and bugs and my daydreaming wishes here into this forum or is it better for you guys, if I post into the steam forums?

2. Do you guys have a internal stat-system for each weapon-type? I noticed, that most spear, helbardier and a lot of Great weapon units have the Anti-Large Bonus, while rarely anyone has the Anti-Infantry bonus (not just written in their short description). So what's the plan with every weapon type? I would prefer, that every weapon type would be distinctive and something that all races share.

3. How do you guys handle unit balancing? I already love that you balance the factions on a strategic level rather than on a tactical one. I love, that humans all have very similar statlines and are generally weaker in melee compared to the other races.

4. How can I be helpful to force a the grim and the grave update of this mod to become a reality? =D

PS: I'm really sorry for your loss

Im suprised you knew I was an Armour smith. Youve done your homework.

Elrics answered some of your questions here. We update regularly though recently due to life we have been updateing at a slower pace. However I dont view this as a particularly bad thing as the mod is aimed at long term goals.

Allow me to answer your other inquiries.

1. The place that gets checked the most often at the moment is steam. However the best choice is probably just to message me directly.

2. The answer to this would be long and complicated, seeing as im waiting for my cousin to give birth forgive me for the short answer but yes.

3. We 'balance' units on a unit to unit basis. Actually I dislike the term balance, its an illusion and a crutch. I prefer to take a realistic approach to the universe and allow realism to account for the balance. Again this would be a very complicated explanation so I will just say that as far as strategy is concerned every major race will have a legitimate route to victory when controlled by a human. And units will be realistic in terms of their actual combat ability versus eachother. Giant bat monsters who regenerate and do not succumb to fear like other large beasts of war, IE elephants are going to be HUGE on a medieval battlefield. Things like that.

4. We have updated for every dlc and plan to continue for every dlc in the future. I cannont for certain say how long it will take to get the patch out after the dlc is released though.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to force a fast release of the update. We work to bring out something wed want to play not something quickly to appease the masses.

That said we just unfortunately lost our lore consultant and are looking for a primary consultant to continue work on the mod. If youd be interested in that you can also message me about it.

As far as steel faith or any other mods are concerned I couldnt tell you, never tried em. From a cursory look at its front page I would assume our mod covers atm much more. But that is just a guess, my reccomendation is to try both, see for yourself which mod is more your style.

Quote Originally Posted by WakelessREX View Post

That said we just unfortunately lost our lore consultant and are looking for a primary consultant to continue work on the mod. If youd be interested in that you can also message me about it.
    I wouldn´t call myself a Lore-Guru for Fantasy, since i stoped playing it quite some time ago (40k alone is more than expansive enough ) but as long as you´re looking for a new consultant you might want to take a look at this guy´s channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...btEwek8JpIfJMo

He might tend to rant from time to time but his lore section is very good and he has seperated videos for each factions armys (wich i guess is the most important part for your mod ). Might help you until you found a propper replacement.

Indefinitely Banned

I like to try to help if possible.

Hi guys, I tried Warhammer recently and was fairly disgusted by the way the battles played which as a longstanding fan of Warhammer since the tabletop game was in its 4th edition I was extremely disappointed. Your mod sounds like it might play how I had imagined TW:W should be. I'm curious about one thing though;
    Are you making any alterations to combat animations? One thing that instantly irked me when I started as the Empire was the fact that swordsmen were leaping 15ft into the air to attack and doing huge overblown heroic spinning attacks. It looked terrible IMO. So, any plans to alter that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danathos View Post
    Hi guys, I tried Warhammer recently and was fairly disgusted by the way the battles played which as a longstanding fan of Warhammer since the tabletop game was in its 4th edition I was extremely disappointed. Your mod sounds like it might play how I had imagined TW:W should be. I'm curious about one thing though;
    Are you making any alterations to combat animations? One thing that instantly irked me when I started as the Empire was the fact that swordsmen were leaping 15ft into the air to attack and doing huge overblown heroic spinning attacks. It looked terrible IMO. So, any plans to alter that?
    Not sure if this counts, but I altered all the masses of every unit, and the it has added a bit more realism in this regard. Hero unit hitting troops for example may still knock them back, but its much reduced, and maybe 2-3 are effected, not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    I like to try to help if possible.
    Sorry no one every replied to you (time. not rudeness). Probably best to look us up on steam ATM, due to workload. Every bit of help would be great.

Last update was in june? There will be new dlc adaptation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandor11 View Post
    Last update was in june? There will be new dlc adaptation?
    No, last update was on the 19/10/16. Mod is currently being updated for the latest DLC, and I expect it will be ready by this coming weekend.

Hello! Although I do love this mods I fail to devise a strategy to engage the orks as they are extremely powerful, at the point that even Chaos Chosen cannot face 1vs1 Black Orks (Don't know if it's intended). The other thing I'd like to complain is about Dwarves, I feel they're a little underpowered. But, overall, this is a great mod! Keep up the good work! (and please, spread some love to the dwarves, thanks )

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chambers22 View Post
    Hello! Although I do love this mods I fail to devise a strategy to engage the orks as they are extremely powerful, at the point that even Chaos Chosen cannot face 1vs1 Black Orks (Don't know if it's intended). The other thing I'd like to complain is about Dwarves, I feel they're a little underpowered. But, overall, this is a great mod! Keep up the good work! (and please, spread some love to the dwarves, thanks )
    Ages ago during testing, I remember chaos chosen beating black orc (from memory), and most of the time that should be the case. Will have another look at that (although black orc are supposed to be VERY good as well). Do notice the new aspiring champion should be great too.

I am currently playing a dwarf camp, so we keep an eye out. Do note that in the last patch I did give them some love, specifically with the gyrocopter units (they are a hell of a lot better now), and also their iron drakes.

Mod rly great but will be much more impressive with some new units in roster

Quote Originally Posted by Silianu View Post
    Mod rly great but will be much more impressive with some new units in roster
    Actually we do have quite a few units 'in the files' but not placed into the campaign. If you look at the empire rosters for instance it has about 10-15 additional units form other mods (Not all are available at all cities). I spent two full days bringing those units into the mod, and balancing them for out our mod, so its just not a matter of more units for the sake of more units. They need to be fully balanced, and even more importantly, have a genuine place in the roster (by this I mean they do a job/a person wants to build them for reason X or Y).

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz11 View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but I altered all the masses of every unit, and the it has added a bit more realism in this regard. Hero unit hitting troops for example may still knock them back, but its much reduced, and maybe 2-3 are effected, not 10.
    Ah thats a good additon. I was talking about some of the attack animations of the Empire soldiers, they just seem far too 'heroic' in the vanilla game and have an unrealistic appearance to them. perhaps it is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danathos View Post
    Ah thats a good additon. I was talking about some of the attack animations of the Empire soldiers, they just seem far too 'heroic' in the vanilla game and have an unrealistic appearance to them. perhaps it is just me.
    I know what you mean, but battle animations are way out of my league to change.

Looking good, after testing the vanilla game yesterday I'll give your mod a try later today. Are you still working on this, though?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMarekle View Post
    Looking good, after testing the vanilla game yesterday I'll give your mod a try later today. Are you still working on this, though?
    Very busy ATM, but indeed we are. The latest version is parts 2,3,4 with https://www.dropbox.com/s/skv5woxbuum365r/rebuild2.7z?dl=0 replacing part 1.

What did you edit exactly to allow only the two first ranks of the gunpowder unit to fire?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast