Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 C

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 A

In future do you plan make compatibility version with Radious mod?

Could we have an option to choose between rushed siege engines and vanilla consctruction speed?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike View Post
    In future do you plan make compatibility version with Radious mod?
    As soon the mod hit 1.0, there will be radious version compatible released, right now the mod was still developed, lots of feature will be put to play, lots of change, and all of that require lots of work to update if i release different version, for example radious compatible one.

Quote Originally Posted by Searry View Post
    Could we have an option to choose between rushed siege engines and vanilla consctruction speed?
    The idea has been accepted and i already decrease the construction speed up to half then previous.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Did the new Warhammer update do anything with the campaign AI that you saw? I only briefly looked at patch notes but didn't particularly see much done to how campaign AI acts and seems like it would still be docile like before. Did you notice anything?

Well if you talk vanilla AI, its will react vanilla as it is, you cant expect it become more aggresive then previous, because there is nothing change actually
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Thanks Junaidi,

I feel I'm honestly having an issue with Chaos and wondering if you can verify. While I understand this is..aggressive AI, and certainly I love that, I don't believe Chaos is acting correctly.

While playing as VC on very hard, I was doing relatively well up until I hit the mid 50's turns I believe. What occurred is that when Chaos came into the world, they're already war with many, but not VC. But, a few turns in Chaos declares war on my ally Vamp faction who holds some territories to my south. I decided to back them up and enter the war as we had an Alliance in place. So, what occurs? The 10 stacks of Chaos decide to just head on down south my way. Why? They ignored other factions they were at war with and just came at me. Suffice to say, it was too much, since Greenskins took advantage of it and declared war on me too. Which is fine, they're taking advantage of my struggle, but Chaos fully coming towards me, that doesn't seem realistic or correct. They never ceased and even when the event pops up of them leaving, 5 or so turns later new Chaos come specifically at me, once again.

So essentially, I'm confused on why they declared war on my Vamp ally below me arbitrarily for no reason and why that because I entered the war on my ally side, they ignore all others and come towards the player controlled faction? To me, it seems they should be viewing the same hostility and drive to attack the other factions they are at war with.

Will see on it

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 B

Mod updated on 0.6 B, enjoy the latest update from me

Hello,

Non-steam DL doesn't seem to have a link, could you re-post please.

Also, since the AI is now more of a risk taker, does this apply to all factions against each faction, or only how AI views the player? Does this affect allies, will they break alliances just to attack an unguarded settlement?

Ty

Done, yep it is, risk taker itself meaning the ai are more prone to face the face the challenge directly rather waiting for perfect win situation, they may do some gamble but the favour mostly on their side, maybe yes maybe no

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze,
    I think it was already answered, but I failed to understand that, could you please repeat?
    Does this mod cover or plan to cover building priorities so that AI eventually gets high-tier military building and doesn't get stuck with low-tier junk units at the end of the game?

In short answer : yes

In detail : In order to recruit high tier military unit, they need certain building that able to support chain link together, and all this require province to have surplus growth population, so when AI do have enough surplus, they can unlock high tier building and recruit high tier unit. This method is indirectly actually but this is what BACAI so far used it. This only for AI, so non player will not get the bonus at all. Keeping the player from growth into omnipotence.

The best way perhaps by let AI have easy access to unit but this also mean easy access for player as well, which i afraid will throw the game into unbalance, since we still need some sense of strategy construction, where i should build my military nest ? where i should build financial hub ? Another method by adjusted their military army composition, but in the end, its will do zip, if the AI dont have the building to access the unit at all.

BACAI itself was still under developed mod, which i plan to introduce certain new play and element in later, however for now BACAI just focus on what this mod offer for its fans for almost 3 generation of total war game, which is heavily improve Campaign AI tactical movement in the campaign map, and shrewd diplomacy above all. For instance you may notice that AI capable to kill careless player who dont watch the map movement, and cunning diplomacy which backstab player on its critical time.

As long i remember the most advanced BACAI edition maybe on its Attila total war version,which offer massive change, the drama element, the combat element, and many more. While rome 2 still need to be updated (sadly i grow have less time for modding), and Warhammer which is still on infant level.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    I'm not sure if this is caused by this mod or not, but this looks strange and I never noticed anything like that in vanilla, though this doesn't mean it never happened there.

I started on normal as an Empire. Marienburg (that starts just west from it with one city) eventually lost his army and was not able to rebuilt it at all. After several turnes later I captured their city, and this is how it was built:
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...A28315AC3DC75/
    not a single army production building, probably that's the reason he was not raising a new army.

Unfortunately I don't have a save file earlier in the campain to provide, this screenshot was taken several turnes later.

I should look on latest patch did its bring problem or not, however i remember very well that AI was set to gear of military building, so if doest building military stuff, its will be strange enough , i will observe the problem closer , thanks for reporting ,

Hi Junaid,

Are you still working on this project and continue to? Just curious!

Well, the project may get delayed, due real life drama and work stuff , but dont worry the project will continue as usual

Is it compatible with Beastmen DLC that was rolled out i nsteam today?

Will update it today , there lots of change on latest patch, db table structure is been upgraded as well by C.A, so yes old version 0.6 B will not compatible

Foederatus

I must say, for people like myself who like using lots of Lords and armies, this ones a must have mod. Not only will the experience be an intense one, but the constant attacks will actually HELP a player of WOC to afford much more stuff, including more Lords fully stacked. And since, when you really think on it, A chaos Lord is a chao's players version of a city, CA should have made it easier to have and support more hordes ANYWAYS, if a player chooses to. They are called Hordes, after all, and I kind of laugh seeing ever other faction running "Hordes" of stacks around, and me with my 2 that are CALLED horde hahahaha! If CA is going to force this playstyle on us, AT LEAST give us the versatility to enjoy the system.....2 or 3 stacks gets boring, after a playthrough. But this mod makes it happen, if a chaos player is careful and uses the aggression against him to his financial advantage. Thanks to this mod, I had like 10 stacks (featuring one of each of the 7 unique Lord models from the generic pool, and the 3 LLs) and could afford to deck them out in the middle-latter part of the campaign. And it was never as fun as these playthroughs were. Allowing me to do each stack with a different playstyle. So to the creator of this mod, I say, thanks for that, man XD Great job!

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 C

Mod updated, happy new campaign

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast