Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 C

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.3

Will check on it and see what the main problem , thanks for the upload
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Is it possible to get mediafire link for this? My steam keeps deleting this and a few more mods everytime I go from offline to online -.-

A post from the GD, a good review of the CAI problem:

Quote Originally Posted by Celtik View Post
    Now the biggest issue is the CAI, especially the AI army recruitment. It's so bad I want to cry when I see its army composition. There are some mods that change the army ratio and I know how to do it myself but it won't work well because of the building system. I saw a lot of people complaining about dwarfs army with only grudge towers or undead army with only bats and wolves. That's not because of the army composition, that's because of the buildings.

The way it is designed you will never see AI armies with high tier units even after 200 turns. The AI simply doesn't know how to efficiently build its towns to have access to a wide range of units. It will prioritize growth, wealth and public order over any military buildings. Just see how many weaving houses or tap rooms the AI will build in its regions! In Rome you have the issue with army full of levies because there are a lot of factions with only 1 town and the AI prioritize temples and whatever. But the issue is very easy to fix: just change the priority ratio for buildings to force the AI to make 1 military building in each town, tweak a little bit the army ratio and done you'll quickly see a lot of good armies. But all you need to have access to all units is 2 military buildings per province (barrack and auxiliary for example), and you can build them in minor settlements it doesn't matter. In Warhammer you have a lot of different building chains for recruitment and prerequisite (blacksmith, foundry...) and the tier system (tier 3 for minor settlements). It's very good for players (I like it anyway) but just imagine the nightmare for an AI.

I don't know how to adress this issue. I'm tired to see empire factions with full stacks of swordsmen, spearmen and crossbowmen after 200 turns because the only military building the AI builds is a barrack, with no gunsmith or blacksmith. I saw Wissenland, after losing Pfeildorf and Wissenburg, incapable of recruiting a single unit because in their tier 4 Nuln there was a tap room, a wall, a weaving house and the special artillery building I don't remember the name. So the AI couldn't even recruit a single unit! I saw a tier 4 Marienbourg with the port, the dye building, a tap room and a livery. They had 1 and a half stack only made of pistoliers (they lost Gorssel dozens of turns before)! Or dwarfs with full stacks of grudge towers because they only have the building to recruit grudge towers, but they have taverns...
    In short, the building and spending logic of the AI should be refined.

You should do a no forced march and less successful AI agents mod too, but independent from this AI mod.

Will do mate, my hand tied for couple of this day due pressure of work, as much i want to update the mod, i need to update bukalapak, elevania, and bli bli first

To stingy for seeking mercenary from sribulancer kingdom to do dirty entry job, perhaps i should do the opposite, paying people to create mod in sribulancer, sure its will create so much LOL

Ps : you cant alter the building logic without create custom one, however you can force AI to build based on military priority, its more simple, the downside is the fighting will be harder since miliary building meaning more larger garrison force, and its lack of variety, for income part, any money bonus will minimize the negative effect greatly
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 12, 2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Quote Originally Posted by djensen2010 View Post
    Hey Junaidi83, Ive been playing the empire on legendary and so far have been loving the AI. However, vamps declared war on me early but never attacked me but maybe one time. Theyve been #1 strength the entire game. They did a good job expanding up north against kislev and other but kind of stalled recently. I examined their base and found they had about 3-4 armies surrounding each of their home settlements just hanging out. Heres a screen. If you need anything else that could possible help, let me know. and link to save game, if I did it right....https://www.mediafire.com/?dovf1ochqmaqfi5
    Hi Djensen, do you also use other mod as well, since i cant load your save game without knowing what mod combination you use, such a shame since with your save game, i think i can test some important stuff, do you still remember what other mod you use as well ?? Thanks in the advance

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.4

Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.4 Now Released

Can you please provide a mediafire link for the mod? I do not use steamworkshop and never will. Would be beneficial for those that play offline as well.

Its done feel free to download it

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.5

Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.5 is Out, yep and its finally able to solve the previous bug problem,

You can put full stack on your capital, and the AI will beat you like crap, you wanted epic siege ?? You get it

Well seem the main problem is gone, enjoy the show now

Wow, nice job!

May I ask, do you feel the AI will still attack a city even if the troop balance is 50/50 and/or even if they're under powered by a bit will still try?

Quote Originally Posted by PanteraVI View Post
    Wow, nice job!

May I ask, do you feel the AI will still attack a city even if the troop balance is 50/50 and/or even if they're under powered by a bit will still try?
    Also, I started a Dwarf campaign for the first time, very hard...is it normal that at turn 5 after capturing the other 2 settlements in the main starting one, that a full stacked green skin will invade from the west, with a waaaagh behind him, plus a 30% full other greenskin faction as well? If this is normal I guess I just needed to recruit another lord early on but on turn 5 this seems maybe odd? Not sure, let me know@

Yes it is, however if AI have any extra stack, its will use it as well, the more the merit. Welcome to Better Aggresive CAI mate , where player can get his ass kicked hard and fast, without blobing the economy

Hi there. Just a little question regarding your mod : does it affect relations between AIs and player only or AIs vs AIs relation is also affected? In other words, does your mod encourage AIs gangbanging on player (~"player centered") or not?

Its affect all

Quote Originally Posted by PanteraVI View Post
    Also, I started a Dwarf campaign for the first time, very hard...is it normal that at turn 5 after capturing the other 2 settlements in the main starting one, that a full stacked green skin will invade from the west, with a waaaagh behind him, plus a 30% full other greenskin faction as well? If this is normal I guess I just needed to recruit another lord early on but on turn 5 this seems maybe odd? Not sure, let me know@
    I am dead by about turn 20 every game (on hard). The aggressiveness on the Campaign means every Orc faction is at war with me and won't accept peace. It also has the side-effect of producing huge number of Waaagh since they are always fighting. They instantly crush/vassal every other Dwarf faction then come attack me with about 6 stacks. Obviously a faction with a single province and single army will not win that exchange.

6 stack at once ??? Then its will be so wonderfull amazing epicness, truly sight to behold

Try lower difficulty on normal or easy ^^

One question. Are 20 recruitment points not a little bit to much even for the highest difficult setting? I changed it in rome 2 and Atilla to max. 5-8.^^

Thank you very much for this mod! The map is full of armies on the move now!

I only see a problem ... As a user posted in the thread of your mod in steam, the Dwarves do not colonize anything, just raze cities, and send their armies far from their cities, leaving their kingdoms, totally vulnerable to any attack . In all my games many dwarven kingdoms disappear, those who have more enemies close, in a few turns. The dwarves seem to be a little broken now ...

Thank you for your work!

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6

Mod updated to v 0.6 ^^

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Warhammer V.0.6 A

Has been updated to v 0.6 A

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast