Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP] Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones Overhaul for Attila

Congratulations! When will the first version also in beta?

Nothing is confirmed as of now but the developer plans to have a open beta by early October around October 1st this is just a goal nothing is set so this date may change later

October 1st is a very generous and very ambitious rough estimate of when a version ready for public download may be finished. But that's all it is, a rough estimate; like most things, it's tentative and subject to change. When it's ready to be released, it will be released.

Regarding the images posted, it must be noted that the first season of Game of Thrones is very different to the following five aesthetically. I have no plans to add those Stark helmets because:
    a.) it's not known if they're actually Stark men or belong to another subservient House
    b.) it's only visible in one or two still frames and would be unfamiliar to 99% of fans and potential players

When making mods, especially mods of this magnitude, developers accept that not everyone can or will be satisfied. I could literally craft a gold-plated mod sent down from heaven and there will still be YouTube experts asking why I didn't include X, Y, or Z. All avenues of approach considered, the overall art style and theme of the mod - based on common aesthetics and common appearances - satisfies most people while dissatisfying the least. For that reason, content will maintain a strict focus on universal elements of the series rather than fringe obscurities.

thanks for the reply dude , great answer . looking forward to this. keep up the amazing work . nothing else comes close to this

Attention all: There is now an official Seven Kingdoms Total War steam group, created by myself and the mod creator. If you are interested in joining please add me on Steam.

Steam profile:
    steamcommunity.com/id/AccyDaccy

For clarification, that isn't an "official" community group (e.g. I don't moderate it or endorse content within it in my capacity as a developer), although I support people creating them and spreading the word with their own initiative

I was wondering, is it still the case that if $15 are pledged, one would receive some kind of early access to the mod?

Very exciting news about the merger with A Game of Ice and Fire. Congratulations, I can't wait to see what it brings to the development.

All the best!

Thanks Praetorian!

For those who missed it on ModDB, we decided to band together for a single, unified Game of Thrones project instead of competing. In terms of direction, goals, and style, the mod will remain the same - based as closely as possible on the TV series, with minor influence from the books where the TV screen doesn't suffice. Here are a few screenshots from the latest build with some merged assets:

feel free to join the community Steam group.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sevenkingdomstotalwar

Don't know if you guys are planning on making House Manderly as a part of the north, but I created a concept that might interest you guys:

Same when it comes to House Hornwood:

last picture inpired by this picture from the show:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westeros and Total War Campaign Map.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	605.8 KB 
ID:	339664

Hey man, I'm not sure how the Campaign map editor works for Attlia but to my understanding, the European map can be edit and modified. So I made a little map that you could use for a campaign if you were interested in bring Westeros and Near Essos into the game.

Basically - Orange is Dorne, Light Green is The Reach, Maroon Red is The Westerlands, Brown is the Storm Lands, Pink is the Crownlands, Purple is the Riverlands and the Neck, Grey is the North and that Greyish Green is The Vale. Plus where the Red line is and the red arrows that signifies the Wall. Dark green is the Free Cities (bravoos, etc) of Essos.

Yellow is the Iron Islands. I also forgot to mention that, I don't know how one would be able to carve out Bear Island and other location left out but I think this is the best recreation of Westeros and Essos. Would be cool if you could make the campaign map like this.

Sorry for editing you original picture ArchBasedBishop, but after I made some minor changes, I believe now it looks like a rather crude horizantal map of Westeros.

Note: I have omitted Essos completely, it looks weird , too weird in my books
    Last edited by FuzFuzFuz; December 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM.

Last edited by FuzFuzFuz; December 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

At the moment you can't create a new campaign map/turn it on its side or link custom battle maps to specific settlements because the tools that CA released to us are broken and haven't been patched in months/years.

Quote Originally Posted by deadangelx99 View Post

Sorry for editing you original picture ArchBasedBishop, but after I made some minor changes, I believe now it looks like a rather crude horizantal map of Westeros.

Note: I have omitted Essos completely, it looks weird , too weird in my books
    No sweat man, your maps pretty good. Just don't forget Dragonstone. It was supposed to be that region where Naples is

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    At the moment you can't create a new campaign map/turn it on its side or link custom battle maps to specific settlements because the tools that CA released to us are broken and haven't been patched in months/years.
    And oh, ok. I see. You can't create, however can one edit? I think a Westeros inspired European make would be good enough. Just cut of certain region to mold Europe into Westeros. Either way, if that's not possible, hopefully CA bless us with the proper materials.

Sorry for the late reply everyone, most mod updates are posted on ModDB and we're developing at full-speed. We invested a lot of time in our campaign map and have a setup similar to the one you posted (screenshots will follow soon) with breakdowns of specific regions into smaller House-held territories. A quick overview of other recent updates:

- We overhauled how units/Houses are categorized within each faction to allow easier sorting and selection.
    - We are currently adding "medium" variants to some wealthy Houses, like the Tyrells and Lannisters, to better fit their large armies and visual styles from the show.
    - House Tyrell of the Reach and the Iron Islands are nearing completion.
    - The October 1st release date I mentioned before is now obsolete; we'll be expanding the rosters and factions more widely before releasing to the public.
    - Early access testing ended a while ago; I appreciate the interest via PMs but it's no longer offered.

Simpzy recorded a fantastic gameplay video a few days ago - please subscribe to his channel!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast