Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: [WIP] Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones Overhaul for Attila

Creating an entire army based on nothing but just a brief shot in the Histories and Lore.......I just don't know what to say. Be it a book fan or a follower of the show, these men of House Bracken and Mallister are fascinating! Great work!

Thank you! Also working to improve the existing Lannister units (the old ones looked very bland and "foily"):

Simpzy offered to make another gameplay video featuring all the new and improved units, which will be online today probably - please subscribe to his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SimpzyTotalWar

And as always, please follow the mod on ModDB! http://www.moddb.com/mods/seven-kingdoms-total-war

At the request of several YouTube viewers (and I believe Pointwolf earlier in this thread!) I created a Patreon crowdfunding campaign.

The mod is currently a solo endeavor, and I've invested (quite literally) hundreds of hours of work into production thus far. Additionally, I spent a large amount of personal funds for associated software licensing costs (3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Ultimate Unwrap, ZBrush) which often go unnoticed by casual gamers playing free modifications. This is a hobby, but unfortunately an expensive one for solo developers like myself. Donations toward
    Seven Kingdoms help:

- cover all associated licensing costs for necessary software (3DS, Adobe Photoshop, UU3D, ZBrush, etc.)
    - purchase and license quality third-party content for the mod (models, textures, etc.)
    - keep a roof over my head (and coffee on the table) while development continues.

Please visit the Seven Kingdoms: Total War Patreon page at Patreon.com if you'd like to contribute. Even the smallest donations are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Blick Mang; August 21, 2016 at 09:53 PM.

Hey man great work
    Was waiting for something like this for a long time
    I have a few questions though
    I know you have said that this is a work in progress and more houses will be added.
    You also stated that the North is done so are you not going to include houses like maderly, forester, cerywin, hill clans etc. The north has 42 houses so it's impossible to get them all naturally but these are important ones I feel.
    also is it possible to mod this on war hammer as we can get dragons, Giants, direwolfs, legendary lords and walkers(realistic)
    some previous modders have tried to make realistic units but except for dothraki and unsullied they were no way as great as yours ... So why don't you take those two units and give them touch up
    we will have a new faction then
    Big fan of your work ... Hope to see a public release soon .... Take your time
    from both book and show fans .... Thank you

Budget is kinda tight in my family so I did what I can by sharing your patreon page with my friends on Facebook. I know it's not much, but I hope it counts. Plus I'm still studying in College so I'm not really earning any income. In the mean time, keep it up!

I had a sick feeling to my stomach making the House Frey units - these are quite possibly the ugliest, dirtiest, most horrendously unprotected infantry units of the whole series. In any case, here's a preview of some of the light sword/spear variants:

House Frey is now working and in-game. As it's an important House in the show, recreating the armor and equipment required great patience and attention to detail, especially in modeling/texturing the gambeson and leather bibs Frey soldiers wear. I'm now able to use ZBrush effectively to sculpt high-poly models and generate detailed normal maps before texturing (thank you, Mr. Jox!) - a huge step up in overall quality compared to my first attempts.

Please visit the ModDB page for additional media, news, and development plans: http://www.moddb.com/mods/seven-kingdoms-total-war

Nice! The Freys are a nasty bunch in both the book and the show, and they are ill-equipped though make it up in overwhelming numbers. By the way, I am trying to convince my dad to allow me to use his credit card to donate $15 to your Patreon.

House Umber has been added to the latest build.

After reaching the second goal set on the Seven Kingdoms Patreon page (early access is still available, by the way), I have decided to add several regions of Essos to the mod. While development plans are still being researched and finalized, players can expect to see armies of the Free Cities and Slaver's Bay in addition to Dothraki cavalry forces over the coming months. The original plan was to limit to main armies in Westeros but this greatly broadens the scope of the mod and will help factor in major forces seen in the TV show.

The Umbers - known as the most loyal Stark bannermen in the books and betrayers on the show. Either way, House Umber is a great addition to the roster of the North.

House Baratheon of Dragonstone:

that mod i one of the best mod, when can we download it?

Quote Originally Posted by alejandromachine View Post
    that mod i one of the best mod, when can we download it?
    I'm preparing for an October 1st public release. Could be earlier, could be later - always subject to change, this is a rough idea anyway.

sorry i'm new here! so guy i like this mod very much where is the link for this mod please help!

Hey there. Fantastic work so far!
    I have actually registered on the forums just now, right after seeing this mod. Looking at the work you've put in here and the quality of it, I felt I had to congratulate you!
    I'll definitely be chucking some money into your patreon. And, while not a youtuber, I'd also be interested in getting access to the current build of the mod to see how it runs if that's not an inconvenience
    Many thanks.

Knights of the Vale now in-game:

Those Valemen do look magnificent! Once the cavalry comes along, some folks can band together to re-create the Battle of the Bastards! And the General can't be Lysa as she doesn't fight, and it also can't be Robin as he's still young - definitely not Baelish. So I'm throwing my guess on Lord Yohn Royce. Do correct me if I'm mistaken.

Btw. Do any of them have cloaks that covers the front portion of the armour? Like some of the knights had that crowned Jon Snow the King in the North.

Default stark men with cloaks a fur helms?/

any plans to include the stark men in the back ground with cloaks and fur at the side of their helms?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Wy would you need a new unit for people with a different helmet and a cloak, wich I'm sure isn't worn in battle. Just mix in some such helmets in the existing units

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast