Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: [WIP] Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones Overhaul for Attila

Great models you have there! Are you planning on releasing a custom battle only beta?

Hey man, I guess my first post didn't go through. Anyways, hit me up on steam so we can talk, superwookiee16

In preparation for the first public alpha release of Seven Kingdoms, I will be submitting the mod to several prominent YouTube channels (including Simpzy, kind enough to contact me directly) along with a limited pool of testers for initial gameplay testing and video previews. Currently playable factions include House Lannister, House Bolton, House Stark, House Mormont, House Karstark, and House Baratheon (Dragonstone) complete with uniforms and equipment aesthetically true to the TV series.

I'd like to thank a number of members here for reaching out to me over the last two weeks, especially Mr. Jox for his Baratheon helmet model, glove models, and general project support, as well as The Byzantine for his beautiful logo designs and menu background artwork. While it's difficult to anticipate the release date for the public alpha, I expect to have numerous visual updates over the coming week.

Wow the units look incredibly beautiful! Great Job

Man, I have been waiting for a good game of thrones mod for Attila for a long time and i'm really glad we're finally getting one! Those units look incredible! When is the alpha getting released?

Those screen shots look beautiful. Can't wait to play some with this mods!

This is the best mod ive seen for attila and im thankful for the time and effort your putting into this! ima fan of the kings of winter mod and when i heard about this it blew my mind im really looking foward for this and keep up the Fantastic work #sevenkindoms #GameofThrones

Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones ►Gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MRt_OWnVQ

Those shots are absolutely fantastic! And the details are superb. I have no other words to say as I stare at this masterpiece........

amazing work!

As a side, and not to derail the topic- i've seen some cool waestoros approximations on our real world map, renaming settlements and getting it to fit
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

anyways awesome work!

Looks great all you need to do is flip Europe to the left so Russia is at the top and Spain at the bottom and you have a okayish westros

I have no plans to create a campaign mode.

is there somewhere where we can download this

can we have a public release plz

are you eventually going to have house mormont, karstark, glover, bolton, stark/ other northern houses as a separate factions opposed to having them all under "The North", btw thank you for making this mod as so far there are not really any good GoT mods to this scale yet and that look this good, I am extremely excited to see how this mods turns out (Im sure it will be one of, if not the best mods made for Attila)

I'd like to thank everyone for all the constructive feedback over the past week and for your patience while I churn out new units and improve existing ones at a slow, but steady pace. Most of all, big thanks to Simpzy and Byzantine for the high quality preview videos of a recent alpha build. To provide further details on recent progress, I'd like to introduce House Tully of the Riverlands:

Because I'm asked many of the same questions here, in comments sections, and via PM, I thought I'd provide a quick FAQ on the current status of Seven Kingdoms as well as future plans for the mod.

Q: Why don't you have House X, or House Y, or House Z?
    A: This is a work in progress and only a small fraction of Houses planned for the mod are currently complete.

Q: I can't model, texture, animate, or edit databases. Can I help you?
    A: This is a solo project. Unless you can provide concrete assets for the mod (primarily models) I don't require any help.

Q: Why don't you have House X, or House Y, or House Z? The Targaryans and Dothraki are in the show!
    A: Again, this is a work in progress and only a small portion are finished.

Q: How many Houses are currently complete?
    A: House Stark, House Bolton, House Glover, House Karstark, House Mormont, House Lannister, and as of today, House Tully.

Q: Why doesn't each House have it's own faction?
    A: Battles in Game of Thrones typically involved multiple Houses fighting side-by-side against each other. Creating general factions based on Kingdom allows House Stark to fight alongside House Hornwood or House Mormont, for example.

Q: When will the mod be released?
    A: Like most developers say, when it's ready to be released. I'll consider a public alpha when there's enough content for people to not ask my why House X, House Y, and House Z aren't featured yet (sorry, I get bombarded with PMs about this!)

Q: Will you create a campaign mode?
    A: No. Rotating a map of Europe sideways doesn't do the genre justice and I'm extremely reluctant to deviate from kosher aesthetics. With that being said, I'm glad to reconsider if it becomes possible to create custom campaign maps.

I created a page at ModDB where I'll be posting more frequent media and content updates. Please follow the mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/seven-kingdoms-total-war

House Bracken and House Mallister of the Riverlands are now in-game.

Work on these two minor houses presented a unique set of challenges, as well as opportunities, in depicting uniforms and armor visible only in one or two obscure frames in the TV series. In keeping with the overall artistic style of the Riverlands from the show and referencing G.R.R. Martin's quote on Game of Thrones armor ("the further south one travels, the more advanced and modern the armor"), House Bracken units feature striped leather vests or intricately fabricated cloth and rounded bowl/ridge helmets over padded gambeson. As House Mallister occupies a wealthier port settlement, Mallister units wear three-piece, plated leather breastplates (also referenced here) with metal shoulder armor and ridge helmets.

In terms of my own art style for the mod, I strove for a dirty, saturated look and feel to the units. It took some creative license to expand beyond the one or two still frame references available in the show, but without using some imagination, the mod would be very restricted in terms of unit rosters. Hopefully this allows book and lore enthusiasts to have some fun with the mod alongside TV show fans.

These look absolutely awesome, superb job Blick Mang!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast