Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default The original thread

Hi TW community,

I'd like to introduce my first project for Attila: Total War, Seven Kingdoms, a complete faction and unit overhaul based on and inspired by the Game of Thrones TV series. Unlike similar modifications currently released (e.g. Kings of Winter), the mod strives to accurately recreate and depict all major land forces of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros (plus the Riverlands) using equipment, uniforms, and general aesthetics from the TV series. While there's currently no campaign mode support, the following factions will be available in full detail for custom battles:

- The North
    - The Vale
    - The Riverlands
    - The Iron Islands
    - The Westerlands
    - The Stormlands
    - The Reach
    - Dorne

Each faction is comprised of forces from the main governing House of the Kingdom (House Stark in the North, House Lannister in the Westerlands, etc.) with additional units available based on local bannermen and subservient Houses (e.g. House Tarly of the Reach, House Mormont of the North). While I'm no expert at texturing or modeling compared to many other skilled contributors in the community, I've made great effort and spent many hours ensuring the units and overall aesthetics are as accurately modeled and textured as possible. Two factions are currently nearing completion, as you can see in the following teaser screenshots:

Lannister pike units surrounded by Stark spearmen (High Quality, Full Size)

Armored Northmen fighting against heavy Lannister infantry (High Quality, Full Size)

Uniforms and shields in further detail (High Quality, Full Size)

Large-scale battle between the North and the Westerlands (High Quality, Full Size)

Stark onager support during the battle (High Quality, Full Size)

Among other changes to the base game, I redesigned the unit cards, allowing players to more quickly and easily select desired units in battle without stumbling through the deck. You immediately know which House the unit belongs to, what type of unit (spear, sword, pike, etc.) and whether the unit is lightly armored or heavily armored (indicated by the House helmet or lack thereof):

In addition to the gallons of coffee that helped make this current progress possible, I'd like to especially thank warman222 for his extremely helpful insight into the importing/rigging process and Magnar for his texturing and file structure tutorials. I'll provide a more detailed list of credits and references upon first release and will continue to post updates in this thread.

Any questions/comments/feedback are welcome

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [WIP] Seven Kingdoms - Game of Thrones Overhaul for Attila

I like those unit cards! Good luck!

holy crap very nice work cant wait too see what u going too do with the other factions

Finishing up the Bolton units:

very nice work do u have an idea when u wil have a first public release?

do you plan to do all the diffrent houses or just the main factions?
    also do you work alone? if so i think you should search for modders that can help and make the more polished and versitile

Main factions with different houses as units and key characters as generals. The North will feature the Starks, Umbers, Boltons, Karstarks, Mormonts, etc. To give you a better idea:

I'm working alone, taking my time to improve things step by step. For example I modeled and textured additional details for the Bolton units (note: heavy variants have cloaks, armor, bracers):

This is very good for a one-man show.

It's just tedious, time-consuming work - like the Lannister units, which required custom helmet and armor models where basic retexturing won't suffice:

I currently have three houses finished (Bolton, Stark, Lannister) and would like to release a public alpha once I hit four or five. The Frey and Tully armies (featured at length in Season 6) are next on the list.

If anyone's interested in helping out, just PM me.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

This is incredible! Can't wait to see your next work

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Cool, I wish I could help out some way, lannisters look great.

Sigerson's Avatar Laetus

Awesome! You're doing a great job!

I got no idea of how to edit models or stuff like that, but I know a lot about the lore. If you need any help on that front I'm here! Since I'm here, do you plan on having different shields? Because I think some triangular shields would look better on the Boltons (ofc the giant shields of 6x09 would be great to see in the game).

Do you plan on having more houses for the North? The barrowlands and the Ryswells should have some pretty decent cavalry, as the Manderlys, since they are southerners and knights. Just an idea for the cavalry. As I said, I'm here if you need help with that! Sorry if I sound too enthusiastic but I've been waiting for something like this for a long time! Grats!

If it would lighten your burden, why not ask for permission to use some models from the MKTW 1212 mod? Perhaps warman would grant it, who knows.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...tal-War-(MKTW)

Thanks to everyone who offered to help via PM!

As a quick update, I remade the Stark units using butchered Attila assets and several models from the Open Source Project packs for Mount and Blade (MKTW:1212 also does this). It's been a bit of a challenge, as Stark infantry typically wear multiple layers with chainmail underneath and an elongated fabric portion functioning as a hooded coif.

Triangular shields & pike shields will come later (main units first, accessories second):

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Looks unbelievable , man!
    You should contact one of our team members (Caligula), he is making some GoT units, too. As far as I remember he made some Boltons.
    Or add me in steam (Mr.Jox) and I will give you some help and support. I've made Pelargir Marines helmet which can easily and fast be redone into Stannis Baratheon's Dragonstone Soldier helmet.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Realy eager to see the rest of your work, Blick Mang!

Thanks Mr.Jox, will add you on Steam.

Finished up some more Northern houses in the meantime, luckily Season 6 had plenty of visual references:

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Don't miss, there're two variations:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

Good compilation of GoT armours for visual reference https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...hrones.226810/

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast