Thread: How can non-rocket units fire rockets?

Icon5 How can non-rocket units fire rockets?

I haven't played TWS2 in a while, What could make non-rocket units fire rockets?

I played today the bow and maybe the spearman ashigaru (maybe the katana bowman as well) have some kind of rocket weapon that just wipes out my units and leaves puff clouds. I've played this game for years and haven't ever seen an effect like that. Is this new to the game? A bug?

I am playing Uesugi clan on hard.

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How can non-rocket units fire rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by vectorsrule View Post
    I haven't played TWS2 in a while, What could make non-rocket units fire rockets?

I played today the bow and maybe the spearman ashigaru (maybe the katana bowman as well) have some kind of rocket weapon that just wipes out my units and leaves puff clouds. I've played this game for years and haven't ever seen an effect like that. Is this new to the game? A bug?

I am playing Uesugi clan on hard.
    You must be using a mod m8. Otherwise, something must have modified the unit stats and set the projectile to shogun_rocket. If it is a glitch, this is the first time something like that has appeared.
    If you could upload a screenshot of your data folder, the problem could be found.

Did you happened to forgot untick/deactivate North and South II ACW mod?

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Are you talking about fire arrows? You can do it for a limited amount of time if the men in your ship has a skill level of 5 (circle) or more. After the limited time, you have to wait for a while. Somehow these fire arrows can break pieces out of a ship, making them look like fire rockets.

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

* if the men in your ship have a skill level of 5 (circle) or more

Quote Originally Posted by Ukiah View Post
    Are you talking about fire arrows? You can do it for a limited amount of time if the men in your ship has a skill level of 5 (circle) or more. After the limited time, you have to wait for a while. Somehow these fire arrows can break pieces out of a ship, making them look like fire rockets.
    No, definitely no.

He said about "Ashigaru". Its definitely a Land Battle.
    I assume its the N&S II Mod which were not deactivated, since that mod reuses the fire arrow ability for 12pdr howitzer explosive shells.