Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [UNITS] The Iberians

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [PREVEW] Iberians and Celtiberians

Good! I really don't care about these factions at all! I will never play with them. They could be vanilla Rome 2, and I still wouldn't notice! I'm just glad this mod is one step closer to completion!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm utterly speechless! Keep up the amazing work and can't wait for release! Have some rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Good! I really don't care about these factions at all! I will never play with them. They could be vanilla Rome 2, and I still wouldn't notice! I'm just glad this mod is one step closer to completion!
    Personally I love the iberians as a faction, especially in AE. They also are so fun to play as they were actually very important to the Second Punic War.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Awesome preview, the best iberians in a game!!

Keep the good work!

Enhorabuena Cpt. Cortes!!

Amazing preview! Can't wait for the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Amazing preview! Can't wait for the release!
    Thank you Falco
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Personally I love the iberians as a faction, especially in AE. They also are so fun to play as they were actually very important to the Second Punic War.
    I almost play exclusively with Greeks, Romans, and Hellenistic factions. Tried once with Gaul but got real bored....

Anyway, that's just personal taste. This mod is something to look forward to.

agreed with you...roman, hellenistic and greek (factions that i see in archeological rest in my city every day :-D)

gaul are boring, except when you kill them, but iberian are cool, they created "guerriglia concept"

I dont know if I said this but Iberians should have a 100% sucess bonus to ambush, after all they are the Guerrilla inventors

Your work is fantastic with this mod, I really like Celtiberian factions . Will be because I'm arevaci? .

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I dont know if I said this but Iberians should have a 100% sucess bonus to ambush, after all they are the Guerrilla inventors

Very nice to see the Lusitanians wearing black clothes as they apparently did in reality during warfare .
    Last edited by Boicote; June 08, 2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post

oh yes, their generals will have "hide and seek" skill. no one will find them, and never get discovered

i know something, i've far iberian ancestors

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Great job guys, I am looking forward to start maining Lusitani

Allow me a couple of points:
    - Why no mention to the soloferrum? You talk about the "iberian javelin" but you don't explain its particularity and I don't see the soloferrum textures that we could see in RomeII for the iberian javelin. It's a very cool looking weapon and you can get the textures from RomeII so I think you could implement it.
    - Will lusitani have guerrilla deployment for all units?

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

The preview images aren't showing them throwing projectiles but you can see the soloferrum in some images, and they are all using them as their javelins, which also since this preview has been added in as the visual projectile flying through the air too so don't worry. Not all Lusitani or Iberians will have guerilla deployment but a lot will.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    The preview images aren't showing them throwing projectiles but you can see the soloferrum in some images, and they are all using them as their javelins, which also since this preview has been added in as the visual projectile flying through the air too so don't worry. Not all Lusitani or Iberians will have guerilla deployment but a lot will.
    Oh great! Thanks for the clarification

Very nice units! Great work!

So, the iberian basques are ignored as in vanilla. It's a bit dissapointing but understandable, considering that their importance on Roman history was anecdotical compared with the cantabri. Still, I see that the Aquitani are represented as Sotiates, so I hope they are accurately represented as a proto-basque tribe.

Nice rosters and and quallity skins and historical accurate. however one thing makes me wonder.... why games and sometimes media portraits iberian peoples as africans (dark skin, tanned, like lybians or middle-east) when they're pretty much as white as most of the western/southern-european peoples (genetics points to celto-italic) however not same culture (geographical features made them distint).
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

I don't want to get into a race discussion here, but generally they seem to be "white" people with a tan since it's a sunny place. CeltIberians didn't make up even the majority of the population of Ancient Iberia though, and we don't precisely know what the native peoples looked like.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast