Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTX 1080 Attila Total War Benchmark Preset Test (All Presets)

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default GTX 1080 Attila Total War Benchmark Preset Test (All Presets)

I thought I would post this here for those curious about the new GTX 1080 graphics card. This is a full test of all the graphic presets in Attila Total War. I am using an i7 4820x with 16g RAM and running a1920x1080 monitor:

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: GTX 1080 Attila Total War Benchmark Preset Test (All Presets)

Eye candy ...

I will play Attila seriously, when I haave bought my new PC (in 3-4 years).

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Good luck!

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I found this interesting article on whether or not to buy the latest top end graphics cards, including the GTX 1080. http://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-gtx-...-availability/

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus
    .. I found this interesting article on whether or not to buy the latest top end graphics cards, ..
    My grandma Rosa used to say that it's always better waiting before doing stupid things .. but, consider please, she was born almost two centuries ago ..

Lol - don't worry, guys - I did my research. As of Saturday the HTC Vive arrived and I am now gaming in VR . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse
    As of Saturday the HTC Vive arrived and I am now gaming in VR . . .
    VR? Cool! Actually I'd have few complex questions plaguing my brain about VR gaming ..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    .. but, unfortunately I fear my English isn't good enough for fully exploring the complexity of the matter, so, I think you'll agree with me when I say it's better if I shut up, in this case.
    Anyway, congrats for your new HTC Vive! Please, keep us informed about your new gaming experiences.

Ah Diocle, why VR that when you can VR the whole galaxy in a 1:1 simulation!
    Last edited by SeniorBatavianHorse; June 23, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse
    Ah Diocle, why VR that when you can VR the whole galaxy in a 1:1 simulation!
    Yeah, but the Galaxy hasn't those .. those .. nothing, sorry! I'm getting old!

Anyway, actually I was interested in the interaction with the various kind of surfaces: in traditional 2D graphics, we all know it's like watching a painting: you cannot interact with the physical surface of the objects, instead, in VR your perception should be more like watching a sculpture, you can walk around it, you can live with it in the same physic space, you can watch your hand touching it, so, even though it's an illusion, the player's mental stance should be pretty different, and it would be very interesting knowing the visual impact of the collisions/interactions between different kinds of surfaces (hard and soft, metal and flesh, tissues and body, and so on ..) from the observer/player's viewpoint. That is, coming back to the picture I posted, how do you interact with the objects' surfaces in VR garphics? And: how do they interact between them?

"The Rape of Proserpina", Gian Lorenzo Bernini, 1621/'22. Roma, Villa Borghese Gallery.

I hope one day came VR, it can use to play in Rome total war engine

Sent from my Smartfren Andromax AD688G using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

I just wanted to point out to SBH and everyone else I guess, that you could also make sure all your processers are on (hyperthreading) if you have a multi-core PC. It usually increases FPS in games quite dramatically.

There's also this program you can buy on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/384300
    Last edited by First Citizen Gallienus; July 02, 2016 at 01:24 PM.

Mine are, yes.

UPDATE:

Due to the motherboard burning out, I upgraded to a new skylake motherboard and bought a new CPU and RAM. The Alienware R4 now sports a i7 6700k cpu and 18gb of DDRM 4 RAM. The new benchmark on highest settings gives me quite an improvement on fps for Attila:

Wow that's pretty good. You were getting something like 45 to 60 frames a second. Seemed almost impossible to get frames like that with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Wow that's pretty good. You were getting something like 45 to 60 frames a second. Seemed almost impossible to get frames like that with this game.
    In that "almost" there's the whole meaning of money in life.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bragger !!!

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Lol - the game is still poorly optimised but is a blast to play. There are moments when it is like a moving painting.

I would've posted this in the Tavern but since it no longer exists I thought I'd post it here instead. If you guys wish or if it is necessary, I can make a seperate thread. The first public release of Homeworld Complex 10 was launched yesterday. It's a mod that works with the Homeworld Remastered version of the game.

Their Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/beghins

Recent video showing gameplay/tutorial of gameplay mechanics:

Last edited by First Citizen Gallienus; January 04, 2017 at 01:00 PM.

The Tavern no longer exists? What's happened?!

I haven't been browsing TWC much but considering the mods were already on the edge of deleting both Taverns they were closely monitoring every word muttered thus there was probably a silly discussion going on that veered towards breaking ToS as usual and the mods used that as an excuse to shut everything down even though the ToS has been broken before in discussion of politics, sex, piracy, etc many times in the history of TWC.

Also as for Attila TW, in between when you got new CPU and DDR4 ram there was some optimizations since release; release performance was pretty bad but it still is. If you look at TW Warhammer that is an example of a much more optimized game.

For anyone that doesn't have money to replace a higher end CPU, mobo, ram, and GPU frequently if your CPU is overclockable then go for it (As long as you have a basic idea and know how to follow tutorials). An old i7 is still fine when there is only marginal increases in performance which if you truly need to extra few FPS overclocking works. Infact right now if you have skylake already there is essentially 0 reason to upgrade to a Kabylake i7 if you're just a gamer that runs stuff on high settings since there is no IPC gain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast