Thread: Vampire Counts Blood Knights

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Default Vampire Counts Blood Knights

Hi all, thought some of you might be interested in a little mod I created for my Vampire Counts campaign. I wanted some actual Vampire units in my army instead of the skeletons, zombies and monsters CA gave us so I cranked up PFM and summoned the famed Blood Knights to serve their lords.

As per lore I made them a bit stronger than Grail Knights, enjoy.

Update: 5/29/2016

Added Blood Knight infantry unit to Cemetary_3 , upon building the last Tier Cemetary building you will no longer lose the ability to recruit the infantry version of the Blood Knights.

Added additional health to both the Blood Knights and Blood Knight Lancers

Increased shield block by 20% to both the Blood Knights and Blood Knight Lancers.

Slightly increased melee defence of the Infantry version of the Blood Knights.

Added the passive unit ability "Regeneration" to both the Blood Knights and Blood Knight Lancers.

Changed the voice actor V_O from none to Vampire_Lord for both the Blood Knights and Blood Knight Lancers.

Update: 5/30/2016

Rebalanced The Black Knight Lancers by reducing the number of men in the unit.

Resources needed for recruitment and upkeep of the Black Knights and Black Knight Lancers have been increased by 500 for recruitment and 125 for upkeep for balance.

Added an additional shield for both units.

Made a small graphical adjustment to the horns on the helmets. They are now black instead of off white to better match their over all appearance.

Steam Link: Blood_Knights

Non Steam Link: Blood_Knights
    Last edited by Zaskar70; May 30, 2016 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Update
    Whatever blow's your hair back man...

Default Re: Vampire Counts Blood Knights

Wow, impressive work. They look great, thanks for doing this.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Great job!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Civis

Great mod, thanks for making it! Just one note, you need to add another permission for the dismounted unit in the tier 3 barracks or else they become unavailable when you upgrade the building.

Hot damn. Amazing work, so quick too.

God i cant believe I just realized Blood Knights werent in the game.
    I got to the last tier and all I could think of was "i swear to god VC has a really good unit on tabletop that defines them, but I cant find them"

Thank you very much for your work! The truth is that it looks great!

And I've asked you in the steamworkshop, but you could make more units vampire counts? The truth is that I like modeling and would be amazing. I was thinking barrows guard with spear and skeleton archers. It would be great.

Again thanks for the mod!

Awesome mod, game just got released and already a fantastic mod like this!!!!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Very awesome looking units, good job.
    Btw both links direct to a mediafire download, isn't the Steam one meant to direct to the Steam Workshop?

Beautiful work! Did you make these from scratch or were the components already there?

Posted this also on the steam workshop:

Hey Zaskar,

Thank you so bloody much for this mod, it is beyond good! I was crushed when I saw the knights weren't in the base game.

In all honesty, blood knights got me into VC in the first place (even with their soul-crushingly expensive models).

Just a few thoughts and questions if that is ok?

Thoughts:
    1. They come in too early and too cheap, is there any way you can tie them to both Level 2 Vamp Crypt, Level 2 Armoury and Level 3 Cemetary, just to put some time in between them, as they should be (IMHO) an end/late level unit.
    2. Maybe up their abilities (armour piercing, frenzy etc) but reduce numbers of them and increase cost, make them soul crushingly good, but expensive to the point you can only have a few units in your armies.

Questions:
    1.Not sure how playing with models and animations works, so could be completely undoable, but is there any chance you can 'mix' weapons in on the blood knight units, as I've always reckoned they're all individuals, that have been convinced to fight in a unit. Even if you just chuck in random halberds, empire great sword swords. axes etc.
    2. I realise we are quite limited with vamp head options, but is there (same as the above with weapons) any way you can add different heads into the pool, say from rieksguard knights etc) as in point 1, I really see bloodies as being from all different walks of (un)life and having a variety of weapons and armour (would happily send you a pic of my blood knights to show you what I mean).

Any way, not sure if any of that is doable, just some food for thought, as this is currently my must have mod and would love for it to grow and be loved by all!!

Agreed that level 2 Cemetary (plus Armoury) is way too early for the foot knights, as they end up competing with (and obviously outclassing) Grave Guard.

TheTrans: mixing in other one-handed weapons is doable, but mixing weapon types (eg one-handers and halberds) in one unit is impossible, as the whole unit uses the same animation set.

Love this. VC are my favorite faction. Have done some research on the Blood Dragon Knights they also have sub groups, The Drakenhof Templars, The Knights of the Red Death and The Knights of the Black Grail. Maybe we could get more variety by including these?

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

I am still patiently waiting for CA to give us the ability to import new models into warhammer as there isnt much variety in the game atm as far as creating custom units is concerned.
    Whatever blow's your hair back man...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I am not really that familliar with current state of unit creating in Warhammer, but would it be possible to make a Greatsword version of Foot Blood Knights? I loved that version from Call of Warhammer mod and I remember some minatures of dismounted blood dragons with two handed swords
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

Will the AI also recruit the Blood Knights? They look marvellous. I will never play as Vampires, I'm a nice guy , but I would like to have them as enemies.

I would like to ask you a doubt, Is this mod enough to get through the game?