Thread: TRR - Mods

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default TRR - Mods

Like I did for Attila, I will be releasing a series of mods.

Bigger Giants

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    As the title suggests, giants are now much bigger on the battlefield, this effects both Chaos and Greenskin giants.

-Tested on a siege map and they can still enter into the city and attack the gate door, albeit with some clipping through the gatehouse when entering.

Images

Comparison with the vanilla size giant

Download:
    Steam

You can only use one of the "bigger" mods due to conflicting files.

Bigger Giants, Terrorgheists and Arachnarok Spiders

As the title suggests, along with Giants the Terrorgheist and Arachnarok Spider are now much bigger.

Images

Download:
    Steam

Bigger Various Units
    A mod made for various unit size alerations, below is a list of the units altered.

giants
    arachnarok
    terrorgheist
    dragon ogre shaggoth
    kholek suneater
    grimgor ironhide
    crypt horrors
    trolls
    dragon undead
    chaos dragon

Images

Download
    Steam

You can only use one of the "bigger" mods due to conflicting files.

Removed Ladders (Barebones seige)

So whilst this mod does remove ladders unfortunately in removing them it takes out the access for any unit to go onto the city walls, and with that the towers can't be used as well as this units can't access any siege equipment, on the campaign map if you don't have any artillery you'll still need to build a ram or tower to play the battle.

However this does present a rather barebones siege whereby you either destroy the gate with your troops or knock down walls to get in.

This also is shown by the fact the AI realizes this and also prepares its units to defend around the gatehouse creating an interesting dynamic to the siege battles.

Whilst I do admit it is very annoying as it shows that there is no other way to remove ladders and this as far as I am aware is the only way to remove them.

I know this wont be everyones suit and I wasn't going to upload it, but I felt that someone somewhere may enjoy it.

Download
    Steam

Last edited by The Roman Republic; May 29, 2016 at 04:49 PM.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: TRR - Mods

Updated: Fixed issues with Goblin Spiders.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Updated OP:

Released Bigger Giants, Terrorgheists and Arachnarok Spiders mod

You mentioned that the Giant's cause some clipping issues with gates. Just how bad is the clipping? If it's quite a small amount, couldn't you reduce the giant a little to still be a lot bigger than vanilla giants but to fit the scale of the gate?

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    You mentioned that the Giant's cause some clipping issues with gates. Just how bad is the clipping? If it's quite a small amount, couldn't you reduce the giant a little to still be a lot bigger than vanilla giants but to fit the scale of the gate?
    It doesn't really bother me, just wanted to tell others. Its only when walking through the gatehouse, other than that there are no problems.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Updated OP:

Added

Bigger Various Units

Removed Ladders (Barebones seige)

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    It doesn't really bother me, just wanted to tell others. Its only when walking through the gatehouse, other than that there are no problems.
    Some questions ...

But larger units of vanilla have - they already have the maximum size to assume the doorways?
    EDIT : sorry i confuse clipping and blocking

And what is the size limit to enter the gates?
    Besides, what is the limit to fight on the walls?
    You offer a very important difference in your mod. What is the ratio that you use?

I wish you submit a request Otherwise your opinion.
    I am very upset since Rome 2 by the ratio of "vision" strategic tactical battles. ( and i m not alone ... )
    I do not want to mod camera (*) because I want to keep my "eye level" strategic.
    And at the same time in this dimension, the units are too small, such as ants.
    We no longer distinguish their design nor their uniforms if the category flags.
    I think the visual immersion starts here, dice the heights of view while maintaining full gameplay.
    Gameplay That I lose if I do a tight focus at ground to see some entertainment.
    I feel that this impression was less marked in previous games.

Do you think that you can magnify all units to solve this ?
    While thinking through doorways, to access the siege towers and walls?

* i guess theres may be a compromise with it, but i don t know how.

Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by Teutomatos; June 10, 2016 at 09:31 AM.

Icon11 Re: TRR - Mods

@The Roman Republic supercool mod!! Grimgor is especially impressive.

Seeing as this mod isn't compatible with the hero resize mods, could you be persuaded to make a version of this mod that resizes most heroes to the size of normal units?

The specifics would be resized to normal for Empire, Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Brettonia and Chaos Warriors (except for Khrolek, which should remain enlarged as per your mod, and possibly Archaon).

Another option could be to not have your mod overwrite other mods rezising units that this mod doesen't aim to resize. Thereby allowing other mods to resize other units. I'd be happy to drop you a link with instructions of how to do that. This last should also allow you to make your mods completely modular, and by putting them late in the load-order they sould then be compatible with any mod that doesen't resize the same unit.

Further, have you looked into war-machines for possible resize in the spirit of this mod?

Another awsome mod to go with this one would be a mod to empower and rebalance the units you resize. They already feel pretty weak before being enlarged, and size-appropriate stats would be great. But they would need to be balanced properly, with extraordinary costs, upkeep and perhaps some weakness to accountfor the fact that number of units in an army is limited. Units that specialize in killing the big guys should always be more cost-effective and always be fieldable without numbers that weaken the rest of the army significantly. Such a mod as this should be a companion-mod so the resize is compatible with overhauls. Also most overhauls have such severe drawbacks that alot of us don't want to use them, thus a stat-changing mod for big guys is most wanted.

Thanks for publishing this awsome mod!
    Last edited by Draxdevourer; June 04, 2016 at 11:55 AM.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Deleted.
    Last edited by The Roman Republic; June 04, 2016 at 12:21 PM.

According to this forum thread it's possible to edit the same file following the procedure mentioned in that thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/176813/multiple-mods-affecting-same-table-causing-conflict#latest

If I understood it correctly you'd make your mod compatible with other mods that edit the same file by putting your mod late in the load order. Essentially your mod should then (when following the procedure) overwrite individual lines in the file instead of overrwiting the whole file.

I'm not a modder so I may be talking out of my ass. Hopefully I'm right tho and it could contribute to making your awsome mod even better
    Last edited by Draxdevourer; June 04, 2016 at 12:59 PM.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Draxdevourer View Post
    According to this forum thread it's possible to edit the same file following the procedure mentioned in that thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/176813/multiple-mods-affecting-same-table-causing-conflict#latest

If I understood it correctly you'd make your mod compatible with other mods that edit the same file by putting your mod late in the load order. Essentially your mod should then (when following the procedure) overwrite individual lines in the file instead of overrwiting the whole file.

I'm not a modder so I may be talking out of my ass. Hopefully I'm right tho and it could contribute to making your awsome mod even better
    I tried that but as I suspected you cant have two files with the same entries in the game, the other re-size mod I used has unedited entries in the data table, which correspond with the ones I've edited. Therefore when I run both mods the vanilla entries in the one file overright the edited entries for my mod.

The other modder would need to remove the vanilla entries for the giants for example to allow my data entry to be used.

Thanks alot for trying TRR, it was more than I excpected (from any modder facing a ton of petitions) and I really appriciate it.

For me (and I suspect I'm not entirely alone in this), yours and Litharions re-size mods are the most immersive additions to the whole 514-entries large TWWH-mod gallery. It's such a pity I have to choose between my two favourites.

I did make a petition to Litharion on steam, offering the link to the procedure-thread and to this conversation. I don't excpect him to be answering (as I don't excpect any modder to), but I had to atleast try as it would be immensly cool to have the two be compatible.

For continueties sake (and I hope it's ok), here is the link to the mod in question: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=688554241

Thanks for bearing with me

I tried that but as I suspected you cant have two files with the same entries in the game, the other re-size mod I used has unedited entries in the data table, which correspond with the ones I've edited. Therefore when I run both mods the vanilla entries in the one file overright the edited entries for my mod.

The other modder would need to remove the vanilla entries for the giants for example to allow my data entry to be used.
    Last edited by Draxdevourer; June 05, 2016 at 08:52 AM.

Litharion sais he's made alterations to his code to make it compatible with mods that doesen't modify the variant table for the lords and heroes of Empire (all), Bretonnia (all), Dwarfs (all), Vampire (all), Chaos (all chaos lords except Kholek). I'm still not getting your mods to work together as yours seem to supersede his. Did you make any alterations to your code at all?

I hope it's ok I keep bothering you about it..

Please do standalone version of this great mod!

You know on file server

No answer ?

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Teutomatos View Post
    No answer ?
    I don't understand what you are talking about, from what I've read you want me to scale everything up beacuse the units are too small for you?

Quote Originally Posted by fiodor.el View Post
    Please do standalone version of this great mod!
    Which one.

I don't understand what you are talking about, from what I've read you want me to scale everything up beacuse the units are too small for you?
    Exactly.
    But i like to read your point of view. Why did u change original units scale at first ?

Since you not on steam or at least commenting. Are you gonna update your mods, cause they have stopped working.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by yutterh View Post
    Since you not on steam or at least commenting. Are you gonna update your mods, cause they have stopped working.
    They are now updated.