Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the strongest[SS6.4 late era] [Teams/alliances]

Default Re: War of the strongest[SS6.4 late era] [Teams/alliances]

wow, western alliance having some serious good players.

Well, a bit dissapointing to see the 3 best players take the easiest alliance. Dont be surprised if you start out rather weak

Sicily has been added to Central Europe to bring a bit more balance due to the alliance difficulty.

Sicily will start out relatively weak compared to the other 3 so a player for them specific isnt really neccesary but it can be done.

RockeZz_19's Avatar Ordinarius

I never played this a European HS before, only Westeros and Elder Scrolls :p

I dont blame you you were the first to join after all and France isnt the easiest of them anyway.

Its not too much of a problem, but your alliance will start off weaker than the others.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post

Well, a bit dissapointing to see the 3 best players take the easiest alliance. Dont be surprised if you start out rather weak

Sicily has been added to Central Europe to bring a bit more balance due to the alliance difficulty.

Sicily will start out relatively weak compared to the other 3 so a player for them specific isnt really neccesary but it can be done.

I dont blame you you were the first to join after all and France isnt the easiest of them anyway.

Its not too much of a problem, but your alliance will start off weaker than the others.
    What is that supposed to mean? Who are you to jugdge if anyone is a good player?

If you weaken factions just because you think certain players are good, I will gladly leave again because thats just not right. It should be balanced and fair and the players skill should not be taken into account.
    Im fine with adding sicilly but due to the central alliance being under pressure from the start but weakening portugal and aragon, which have by no means great starting positions, is not the way to go.

the easiest alliance is definitely Seljuks and Egypt.

hmm, experience you could say? I am playing in another HS with litterly everyone here. I see everyone play and you can clearly see a difference in experience in moves. No offence ment of course but it is visible.

I know that if I make the factions as strong as I originally planned to, the western alliance will simply steamroll everyone very easily. Of course there is a small chance that it turns out different but odds are that these players of who I know have alot of experience and know all the little tricks they need to win will have an advantage over the others.

Had I not said anything at all and done this anyway you wouldnt have complained but others would complain about Western alliance with their players. Im keeping everyone as informed as I can.

Hell, you just straight up go as if im making Portugal/Aragon unplayable. Not at all, im just adjusting minor things such as starting money, possibly a starting forces and possibly a bit lower income (~ -250/500). It wont destroy you or anything at all, after all, all you will be doing is taking AI regions in the beginning anyway, I doubt you will miss those few troops. or that little bit of income.

Hell, just ask about the changes and then come up with an argument on why you think the changes should be different. Dont come in with "DONT TO THIS OR I LEAVE" thats just childish.

I disagree on easiest alliance but I suppose thats argueable.

Quote Originally Posted by StOuFf View Post
    the easiest alliance is definitely Seljuks and Egypt.
    Them's fighting words

RockeZz_19's Avatar Ordinarius

I have a problem with the installation.

6.3 works fine, but when I install 6.4 my game crashes every time, even after re-install

alright, this should be it.

I changed units/income/placement of all factions

this is the descr.strat file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...UF4VDlJWENfSG8 you do not need this file in order to participate but you can take a look at all factions their starting state like this.

Put the file in: SS6.3 (or whatever your SS file is called) data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and let it overwrite.
    I hope this is the right file as I have multiple descr.strat files. if stuff is tottaly unbalanced just tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by RockeZz_19 View Post
    I have a problem with the installation.

6.3 works fine, but when I install 6.4 my game crashes every time, even after re-install
    Ill upload my SS 6.4, hopefully have it up somewhere in the next few hours.

hmm, experience you could say? I am playing in another HS with litterly everyone here. I see everyone play and you can clearly see a difference in experience in moves. No offence ment of course but it is visible.

you joined in 2016, thats 5 months of experience in hotseating. from my point of view thats not that much and I doubt you know of all the capabilities of the players. except this is a third account and you are again Jiub

I know that if I make the factions as strong as I originally planned to, the western alliance will simply steamroll everyone very easily. Of course there is a small chance that it turns out different but odds are that these players of who I know have alot of experience and know all the little tricks they need to win will have an advantage over the others.

just balance it and everythings fine. My point was that you shouldnt weaken a faction just because a player might be better at the game. the factions should be balanced not depending on personal skill. thats all I want you to understand.

Had I not said anything at all and done this anyway you wouldnt have complained but others would complain about Western alliance with their players. Im keeping everyone as informed as I can.

that might be true, but you said it.... sooooo

Hell, you just straight up go as if im making Portugal/Aragon unplayable. Not at all, im just adjusting minor things such as starting money, possibly a starting forces and possibly a bit lower income (~ -250/500). It wont destroy you or anything at all, after all, all you will be doing is taking AI regions in the beginning anyway, I doubt you will miss those few troops. or that little bit of income.

well if its autoresolve even against AI every unit is needed indeed, so yes, it actually changes the first few rounds if I have 2-3 units more or not. it has an impact if its AR against AI too. if not I dont mind I can take out AI armies iwth a few units.

alright, ill host a HS for you and a newblood. Wanna bet you will likely steamroll him if both factions are exactly the same strength? and who of you 2 are gonna enjoy it?

I have seen ALOT of HotSeats and I have seen ALOT of players. Maybe I dont have enough experience, I dont consider myself too good anyway. but you can see a CLEAR difference between a very good experienced player and a new player.

I doubt you have even looked at the changes I made. you will have 0 trouble against AI with the changes. Dont me with random stuff and stop being childish trying to make an argument.

alright, ill host a HS for you and a newblood. Wanna bet you will likely steamroll him if both factions are exactly the same strength? and who of you 2 are gonna enjoy it?
    now thats a good argument

dont bother, Im out.

sigh.. You know, lately TWC has been bother by more and more people who quit once they dont get it the way they like.

As someone who hosts 80% of the HotSeats these days I get to deal with this more and more and its getting very annoying as it seems like the way some people like to show gratitude towards those providing them with HotSeats.

I dont really think you are like these people and neither do I hope you are like these people as it would have.. Influence on future HotSeats.

You are making a very big deal about a very minor change and if you are wondering what these are as you still havent asked:

Portugal: -300 income -3 ships
    Aragon: -300 income -3 units from what I originally had(1xcrossbow militia2xspear militia) this still leaves them more than 2.5 stacks to begin with. Aragon units are now distributed amongst settlements instead of stacked in 2 settlements(which isnt even argueably worse)

Both Portugal and Aragon start at about the same overall and militairy ranking as they would in any of the other SS HotSeats. If this is what you leave for well...

Now you can either sit there and be arrogant and stay out or you can forget about it, accept it and enjoy a HS with the rest of us

Schweik's Avatar Libertus

How do you guys know that the newbloods won't just join up against the veterans?

We dont, even tho its unlikely as they are all the way in the west so really only 2 other alliances can reach them which is northern and central. But its to be expected that these experienced players are gonna do better than the newbloods if the HS goes normal. The things I changed are rather minor and should not make too much of a difference

I suppose my phrase: "expect to start out rather weak" is said a bit wrong. Portugal/Aragon start out rather weak anyway in every SS but they got France as ally who is the strongest faction.

Im just making sure that a steamroll is prevented.

sigh.. You know, lately TWC has been bother by more and more people who quit once they dont get it the way they like.

As someone who hosts 80% of the HotSeats these days I get to deal with this more and more and its getting very annoying as it seems like the way some people like to show gratitude towards those providing them with HotSeats.

I dont really think you are like these people and neither do I hope you are like these people as it would have.. Influence on future HotSeats.

You are making a very big deal about a very minor change and if you are wondering what these are as you still havent asked:

Portugal: -300 income -3 ships
    Aragon: -300 income -3 units from what I originally had(1xcrossbow militia2xspear militia) this still leaves them more than 2.5 stacks to begin with. Aragon units are now distributed amongst settlements instead of stacked in 2 settlements(which isnt even argueably worse)

Both Portugal and Aragon start at about the same overall and militairy ranking as they would in any of the other SS HotSeats. If this is what you leave for well...

Now you can either sit there and be arrogant and stay out or you can forget about it, accept it and enjoy a HS with the rest of us
    nah, i just cant have an argument on the internet taking up my resources, nothing to do with arrogance or anything, I just tend to let such things slide because it makes me mad.
    I was Gaming Staff once and I know exactly what it is like to deal with people here on TWC from time to time. It can be tideous... so I apologies for making it tideous.

You do not seem to understand what I was trying to say, so I wont explain any further.
    Just give me back Aragon and Im done with this discussion, because I am actually grateful for the opportunity.

EDIT:

I suppose my phrase: "expect to start out rather weak" is said a bit wrong. Portugal/Aragon start out rather weak anyway in every SS but they got France as ally who is the strongest faction.

Im just making sure that a steamroll is prevented.
    oh, yes yes yes. exactly!
    it sounded like a threat because we wouldnt take on Poland or Hungary
    Last edited by StOuFf; May 31, 2016 at 04:48 AM.

hehe, I think I do quite understand, in which you mean that a faction shouldnt be balanced around the player. In which i'd normally agree but with teams its all tricky and stuff. It just seems we disagree so lets forget about it

Good to have you playing anyway!

we start tonight!

I will change the file btw. I accidently completely ruined Egypt their settlement population and economy :3 so im gonna fix that.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: War of the strongest[SS6.4 late era] [Teams/alliances][SPOTS OPEN]

I checked the game, everything seems balanced.There is nothing to argue.Besides saleska2 opened the thread i'm the admin of the hotseat and there is nothing wrong.

Alright guys, i believe you are ready to start.

France up first.May the Strongest wins.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: War of the strongest[SS6.4 late era] [Teams/alliances][SPOTS OPEN]

Another reminder to everything to make sure that you use the same password for all factions in your alliance.

Also, if someone wants to change their alliance name. Just tell me.