Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Napoleon: Brutal War

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Napoleon: Brutal War

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The file for download is encrypted I was wondering if you could possibly give us the decrypt password or unencrypt the file because I really want to download this mod for my game plus I was also wondering if this was compatible with realism as well

!ad_O6ofaK-UJMOwhMUttrd75i-X_yc_kyvpDZ_HQbjE try this

i'm still waiting for the 2.0 tho
    Last edited by Frunk; July 08, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Double posts merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    !ad_O6ofaK-UJMOwhMUttrd75i-X_yc_kyvpDZ_HQbjE try this

i'm still waiting for the 2.0 tho
    We all are.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    WOW just saw this, I had no idea. Thanks!

Hey guys

Sorry I just disappeared if anyone was a fan of this. I got busy at University then didn't have a PC for a long while. Anyway I'm back and started playing NTW again so thought I'd retake a look at this. More updates will be coming as I re-familiarize myself with modding as I've practically forgotten how to do most of it lol. About the original plans to mess with AI: I've noticed Bran has updated his CAI/BAI so this may not even be necessary anymore. However I've not played a campaign yet I'm starting a new one tonight. If there's something I dislike, or like and want more of, or if something can be tweaked to my tastes then I'll play around and think about incorporating. I've added link to his AI on first post.

-Tweaked volume of some sound files. Some sounds were still a little too low or high so I've tweaked a little, notably the death screams as I feel they were way too low during ship battles for example. I can't turn them too high or they'll be too high in land battles and sound out of place. I'll tweak further as I play myself.

-Tweaked cannon blood. While excessive blood & gore looks real cool in land battles, it looked a little ridiculous during ship battles. Unfortunately I can't see a way to differentiate between ship cannons and land cannons when it comes to blood, the game seems to use the same instructions for both. So I've halved the values. This'll be tweaked further again as I play until I get a nice balance for both land and ship cannon blood.

DOWNLOAD
    https://mega.nz/#!euRwiahZ!UVZHkaoaozpekp1YcDEW6qPW_atJD-rnzNYqe0GbLdc

Edit: I just remembered why I wanted to do CAI tweaks myself. Seems Bran's is still suffering from that annoying sound bug where your horses shout "militia" and line infantry shout "revolutionary guard", so that's definitely on the table again. His BAI is awesome though, I recommend using the standalone BAI. I'll tweak CAI myself after relearning what does what, I'll dive into the files over the weekend so we can have some decent CAI without the annoying sound bug.
    Last edited by tommytoxen; April 26, 2019 at 06:50 PM.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Welcome back old boy, hope you can stay to make more mods eh?

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Welcome back old boy, hope you can stay to make more mods eh?
    Thanks man, that's the plan hopefully. I've completely forgotten everything lol so just playing around with the files and tinkering to remember.

Napoleon: Brutal War
    Gameplay, audio & visuals award, 2016

you sure continue making this mod dude i enjoy this mod

i plan to record a vid on it rn on my channel

Small update
    -Further tweaked cannon blood. I *think* I have a nice balance now between land & ship cannons. Play a ship battle and let me know if it's still a little excessive or not I'll try and fine-tune it further. I have to becareful because the game uses the same instructions for both ship and land cannons.
    -Normalized some more sounds (footsteps etc), amplified musket and cannon hit sound files by 2db. Let me know if they're too loud I'll dial it back by a db

DOWNLOAD
    https://mega.nz/#!n6YiWI4a!1LU_YiFrpJHu40gEWKyR_PHJBGsPhQx7LCzc15sTo2g

To do:
    -Decrease time it takes for blood spray to dissipate. I've noticed sometimes in musket impacts the blood spray lingers just a tad too long and it can sometimes look a bit funky, like the blood is defying laws of gravity. I can't remember which lines were used to get that spray so I've gotta play around with the numbers until I hit the right ones so may take me a little while to update again. I'll try for once every couple of weeks.
    -CAI
    -Tweak BAI to my liking
    -Improve some sounds, ie: the running sounds for both men and horse gallop.
    Last edited by tommytoxen; April 28, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

Posted some Vids on my Channel for the Mod if you want to check them out

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAk4B8HqNr0

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoIU-ndi78
    Last edited by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant; April 28, 2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Posted some Vids on my Channel for the Mod if you want to check them out

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAk4B8HqNr0

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoIU-ndi78
    Nice vids man
    I'm thinking of doing a campaign play-through, but only upload the battles in a sort of story-style.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytoxen View Post
    Nice vids man
    I'm thinking of doing a campaign play-through, but only upload the battles in a sort of story-style.
    Sounds like a cool idea

You have created a great mod. Thank you for the great job. Unfortunately I can not use the beautiful cannon effects in the Darth mod. Can you please make the mod compatible with the Darth mod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123