Default Re: Empire Tactics and Army composition

My favorite catch all Empire army is
    Lord
    8 Halberdiers
    4 Crossbowmen/Handgunners
    2 Greatswords
    3 Empire Knights
    2 Artillery pieces

This is my optimal army set up as the Empire, in general these are my stock main armies who hold the line with their halberds while the missile infantry either fire through the gaps or over the line, with the artillery softening up monsters or cav. My Cav runs around the sides and is the hammer to my Halberds anvil. My greatswords either come down to rushing forward to fill the gap if a unit is routed, doing the same if a monster starts crashing through, tying up a lord, or hitting the flanks of the enemy once they're engaged. I use my lords for dueling other lords but most of the time they stand back keeping the troops moral up. I do have different army comps based on the province recruited for lore reasons or for special lords.

Karl Franz gets 3 Reiksguard, 6 Greatswords, 4 Halberdiers 4 handgunners and 2 helstorm rocket batteries. Of course with that army comp I play very aggressively with the greatswords meeting the enemy at charge and the halberds protecting the flanks. The Reiksguard exist to challenge other cav, engage enemy artillery, monsters, lords, or serve as the hammer. My rockets soften up enemy troop formations while handgunners really exist to ensure Karl doesn't get ganked by my mortal enemy Vlad. Karl always get stuck in as he should being Emperor.

Warrior priest get fanatics and mostly get sent to soften up enemy towns/armies before a real army comes in. Any army that comes out of Nuln is artillery heavy with up to 6 pieces, 4 gunners, 9 halberds and 1 lord. They pick a spot, and kick the teeth out of the enemy at range before digging their heels and refusing to come out and play.

Default Re: Empire Tactics and Army composition

Seems weak against wood elves tbh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12