Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Encyclopedia | Great Guide | Solutions & Tips | FAQ

Default Re: Encyclopedia | Great Guide | Solutions & Tips | FAQ

v3.1 download, not problem, I play already with for weeks.
    However RSII_setup.exe (RS 2.0) file not download, website not available, missing from your collection.

Aight. Anyway I can't reupload it since I don't have the files. I don't think other people would bother since it's a really old version. v2.5 should be still available for download though.

Yes, I know that the old RS 2.0 version, of the collection however is missing. Therefore, I ask that you give a download link.
    I hope someone will help, thank you!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Congrats on this magnificent piece of work, not to mention your amazing graphic contribution to the mod itself A question if I may, you have mentioned the submod for faster battles by Tone, there is already a high lethality folder in the "IMPORTANT STUFF" EDU changes, is this one and the same as Tones' faster battles submod or do I have to install that separately? Thank you in anticipation.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 29, 2016 at 05:32 PM.

Is there any way to control loyalty?

I'm new to this mod, and I'm not sure this is right place to ask, but how similar is this to DeI? On their page I saw recommendation for this mod and decided to try it. I did not try mods on Rome I before, as its not very stable, at least on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Priest View Post
    I'm new to this mod, and I'm not sure this is right place to ask, but how similar is this to DeI? On their page I saw recommendation for this mod and decided to try it. I did not try mods on Rome I before, as its not very stable, at least on my computer.
    I would say that DeI is more similar to EB, but I think you will be surprised just how good this mod is not to mention EB 1.2 or the likes of RTR and it's vagaries too. Rome II has the superior eye candy but that's it, these mods have much more. It's an old engine and maybe unstable at times I agree but CA should have stuck with it. Roma Surrectum is the game Rome II should have been imo. Feel free to left click my YT channel link in my signature below for a look at RS III "in action"
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 25, 2017 at 05:40 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I would say that DeI is more similar to EB, but I think you will be surprised just how good this mod is not to mention EB 1.2 or the likes of RTR and it's vagaries too. Rome II has the superior eye candy but that's it, these mods have much more. It's an old engine and maybe unstable at times I agree but CA should have stuck with it. Roma Surrectum is the game Rome II should have been imo. Feel free to left click my YT channel link in my signature below for a look at RS III "in action"
    Thank you for your answer. Never tried EB, I have Rome 1, 2, Attila and Medieval 2 on steam and saw there is EB mod for Medieval 2, I will try that one later. DeI has made massive steps from Rome 2, I especially like features like army reforms, supplies, population and, my favorite, unique cities and ports. I just thought I should play old games a bit, since battle engine is superior (no weird duel thingies). I have problem downloading RS III, as I can't use stupid Mega thing, but surely there will be some alternative link soon. If I may ask another question, what faction you recommend to skilled veteran player, who likes role-playing and immersion above all, so wants challenge while keeping N/N difficulty?

I've been made aware DeI has improved from friends but I have not played it yet. You don't have to use Mega if you have Chrome or Firefox, use the grey box next to it "through your browser". Arminia or Sparta on one turn rather than 0 turn to suit your style(there are less but more strategically & meaningful battles) would be a good choice imo, also Averni, Boii, Dacia or Scythia. I personally play on H/VH difficulty on either turns, which can be be a nightmare at times but engrossing as games go. There are also 7 swap factions, Athens, Bythinia, Bosphorus, Massilia, Galatia, Syracuse or Capua which is very tough.. Also I recommend if you have the game in your programs(x86) you move it into your C:/drive then install RS 2.5/III/3.1 submod to overcome any UAC issues. Don't hesitate to contact me if there is any more you need to know, there are a few tweaks and changes you might use to give you a better experience.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 25, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

Congrats on this magnificent piece of work, not to mention your amazing graphic contribution to the mod itself A question if I may, you have mentioned the submod for faster battles by Tone, there is already a high lethality folder in the "IMPORTANT STUFF" EDU changes, is this one and the same as Tones' faster battles submod or do I have to install that separately? Thank you in anticipation.
    A submod is redundant though there is now with the 3.1 patch more like a hotrodded SPQR in forms of faster battles.

They are still long but more suited to tactical warfare and not blitzing.

playing with H/H and Sinuets formation, and the game is a masterpiece (if playing right, takes long learning-curve) a couple of days at least.

Quote Originally Posted by romavictoria View Post
    A submod is redundant though there is now with the 3.1 patch more like a hotrodded SPQR in forms of faster battles.

They are still long but more suited to tactical warfare and not blitzing.
    Aye thanks, this I know lol I had already installed Tone's submod to RS III before I added 3.1 on release. I'm playing Athens as a Let's Play atm on H/VH & progressing fine, but unusually I seem to have a high economy turnover and amassed a lot of money despite queuing up buildings, having 4/5/6 units of garrison in each province & 4 armies which include many units of Epilektoi & ThorakitaiI control all of Peloponnes and have taken Pharsalus, Phillipi & Thessalonike from Macedon but it still seems a lot of income. What do you think? You can checkout my LP if you like, the link is in my signature below.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 04, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Aye thanks, this I know lol I had already installed Tone's submod to RS III before I added 3.1 on release. I'm playing Athens as a Let's Play atm on H/VH & progressing fine, but unusually I seem to have a high economy turnover and amassed a lot of money despite queuing up buildings, having 4/5/6 units of garrison in each province & 4 armies which include many units of Epilektoi & ThorakitaiI control all of Peloponnes and have taken Pharsalus, Phillipi & Thessalonike from Macedon but it still seems a lot of income. What do you think? You can checkout my LP if you like, the link is in my signature below.
    1.Which battleformations do you use? from my point of view (using Sinuets) i get rid of the AI:s checkerboard behaviour.
    2. I also use Alex.exe instead of Bi.exe which (in my opinion has slightly better AI in legionary type battles/generals included)
    3. The high income seems fairly accurate ALTHOUGH (Greece/Macedone) was presumely not behaving nicely to eachother.
    The Greece almost "embraced" the roman annexation while the Macedonians offered fairly good resistance, though clumpsy but well trained "phalanx".
    4.The process to fully annex Greece/Macedone took a very very long time, so bear in mind (even if you could) i still try
    to play historically, that to say, wait for the better armoured legionarys. At advance slowly.
    Historically the could easily cut the best phalanx with relative experienced general 3 stars and up.
    5.Maybe your right about the income, but my advice is TO advance slowly and see what the Seleucids/Romans are up to, then the real fight begins!..

1.Which battleformations do you use? from my point of view (using Sinuets) i get rid of the AI:s checkerboard behaviour.
    2. I also use Alex.exe instead of Bi.exe which (in my opinion has slightly better AI in legionary type battles/generals included)
    3. The high income seems fairly accurate ALTHOUGH (Greece/Macedone) was presumely not behaving nicely to eachother.
    The Greece almost "embraced" the roman annexation while the Macedonians offered fairly good resistance, though clumpsy but well trained "phalanx".
    4.The process to fully annex Greece/Macedone took a very very long time, so bear in mind (even if you could) i still try
    to play historically, that to say, wait for the better armoured legionarys. At advance slowly.
    Historically the could easily cut the best phalanx with relative experienced general 3 stars and up.
    5.Maybe your right about the income, but my advice is TO advance slowly and see what the Seleucids/Romans are up to, then the real fight begins!..
    1. I use Sinuhet "pure" 7 AI battle formation
    2. I use BI.exe mostly because it's a good all rounder, I used to use ALX.exe but found a camera glitch which although it never happened too often, it still became annoying.
    3. GCS & Macedon have been neutral to each other so far. Rome are allies with GCS, Dacia and Boii. Dacia & Scythia are allies. Boii & Scythia are allies. Macedon & the Seleukids are allies.
    4. I developed my navy early in preparation for the Romani coming, I sank several of their fleets including 2 with full stacks on board & 2 with half stacks. I then defeated a full stack army led by Publius Cornelius Scipio near Olympia and there is no Roman presence now so I must have weakened them somewhat, I now have full control of the Peloponnese I also sank many GCS fleets some with army on board. Although I don't play very historically, that was just about right for Athens, they were renowned for having a strong navy previous to this timeframe right?
    5. I am advancing slowly and keeping one eye on the economy so as not to overstretch. The Seleucids are not a threat at the moment.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 04, 2017 at 08:06 AM.

I use Darthmod alex formations, what setting has the best AI?

Quote Originally Posted by danny0952 View Post
    I use Darthmod alex formations, what setting has the best AI?
    In my opinion it is Sinuhet pure 7, it almost has a brain I use it all the time in both ALX & BI exe(I never use RTW) Checkout one of my Let's Play's if you like to see this in action
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; July 11, 2017 at 11:22 PM.

Mr Niles's Avatar Foederatus

Can some one explain the map with the recruitment areas for the legions. What is the difference between the red and the white texted legion names and are they up to date with version 3.1 ?

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Niles View Post
    Can some one explain the map with the recruitment areas for the legions. What is the difference between the red and the white texted legion names and are they up to date with version 3.1 ?
    At the first look the reds are the so called "Hamata" legions and the white ones are the so called "Segmentata" legions, but you can also check it yourself in the "The Legions of Rome" section:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...he-first-post)

And if they are up to date: frankly I dont know, but I think they mostly are.

Mr Niles's Avatar Foederatus

Ok thanks for the help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast