Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If i had the skills...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default If i had the skills...

I would revamp and replace a number of the units in this. With Fire and sword, Tsardoms, TaTW, TGC, EB2, there are so many things to use.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: If i had the skills...

I have made some modifications already to thera, however a revamp that can be uploaded here in twcenter faces the problem of the will of Thera's creator, for he has been absent for a few years already and couldn't approve such a project.

Even a submod?

Submods for Thera had to be approved by TheFirstONeill, as per this, but as he's been absent for quite a long time, I'm not entirely sure what the policy is now. But I'd suggest playing it safe and not sharing it here, but you are fine to mod your own version.

Thats a shame, but I guess I'll try to make my own changes.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

You could, however, make your own personal mod.

I did. My mod had TaTW, CoW, Thera, Stainless Steel, Hyrule, and so many more mods in it, it was just fantastic seeing units from all sorts of mods clash together in one messy brawl!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post

I did. My mod had TaTW, CoW, Thera, Stainless Steel, Hyrule, and so many more mods in it, it was just fantastic seeing units from all sorts of mods clash together in one messy brawl!
    Dude. That sounds EPIC.
    Aw TFO has disappeared? That's a shame... makes me miss the old days
    Oh, I'm back, by the way. Disappeared thanks to a now former controlling partner (0/10, would not recommend) and fell out of every loop I was in... and lost my M2 disks while I was at it. But I'm back now
    Now to try and get Steam to allow me to have more than one M2 mod installed at at time... I'll get there haha.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Best of luck!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Dude. That sounds EPIC.
    Aw TFO has disappeared? That's a shame... makes me miss the old days
    Oh, I'm back, by the way. Disappeared thanks to a now former controlling partner (0/10, would not recommend) and fell out of every loop I was in... and lost my M2 disks while I was at it. But I'm back now
    Now to try and get Steam to allow me to have more than one M2 mod installed at at time... I'll get there haha.
    I was wondering where you went. I saw you around the forums every now and then, but nowhere near as much as I used to. I'm glad that you're doing better (at least, it sure seems like that)!

And yeah, TFON has been gone for a long time. I can't get any emails or pms from him. I hope he's just enjoying life and not, well, unlife. :/

As for Steam, you can easily have tons of mods installed at once. I have about 15 or so, and I can run them all without issue.

BarnicleBill: If you are interested in trying to develop your own sub-mod for Thera, search around in the Mod Workshop. There are tons of tutorials and you can learn a lot. If you get stuck and can't get help, feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help you out when I am able (life has been busy, as of late).
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; June 11, 2016 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks, I'll try to start it before my next smester begins!

Citizen

Take your time, Bill

Rule #1 about modding: There will always be bugs It's all about being patient

I'll try!

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post

Any chance I could play this? It sounds amazing :O

Citizen

I would be happy to share it, but I don't have the permissions of the various content creators to do so :/

That's fair enough. Not even PM? Understandable if you can't xD

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

You know, I think that we could, seeing as TFON is unreachable and therefore can't give permission for submods and so forth, instead make a spiritual successor if you will. We get a new map, a bunch of new factions and so forth but retain the "combat of eras" idea. Any takers?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    You know, I think that we could, seeing as TFON is unreachable and therefore can't give permission for submods and so forth, instead make a spiritual successor if you will. We get a new map, a bunch of new factions and so forth but retain the "combat of eras" idea. Any takers?
    While I am afk for another week I think that if we got some traction I would defo be interested in this. I do enjoy making up fictional worlds and from a brief glance I am certain that even if we couldn't nab a skinner there is such a plethora of open source units/helpful modders that we could create entire rosters with little actual work. The beauty of this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Yeah, I would love to do something like that, but unfortunately, I don't have any modelling talents to do such a thing

Default If i had the skills...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adding in religion regions.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	338274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work in progress map.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	338275 I would love to help even with my nonexistent skills. I'll write up factions or make up history. I do that all the time anyway.

P.s. I've always wanted to do a world where the classical beliefs never died out, so the roman/Hellenic pantheon and the old Germanic and Celtic pantheons still lived on. Zoroastrianism lives and thrives with fire temples dotting the mountains. And at the same time Islam and Christianity grow but in a less extensive way. I'm not sure what the world would geographically look like, but I could draw up a map for it. And of course throwing in some Uruks in there somewhere is always a plus.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BarnicleBill1; July 06, 2016 at 04:42 PM.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adding in religion regions.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	338274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work in progress map.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	338275
    This looks quite nice, you drew this? Might just be my phone but what is the arrangement of colours in the second one?

For my maps I tend to use those free online map designers, resize them and superimpose on to one screen. For mountains and that I trace tectonic plates, Mark fault lines then add in the climates. Obviously not the best results but to my mind they end up better than the square mountain range of Mordor.

As a spiritual successor, since blatant ripping off of THERA is distasteful, having a more "late Antiquity" as opposed to the "early medieval" of the parent seems to be a better angle to take.

The only issue with the religion system is that if drastically races are included, the religion system would be better suited to act as a culture metre for the availability of race-specific units, as opposed to a specific religion bar.

Or race could be represented by core/hinterland buildings I suppose.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast