Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EB v1.21c Alex - Alexander Transformation - Alex Section

Default Re: EB v1.21 Alex - Getting better

So what exactly did you change? Is it basically your submod compilation with the EB12_on_ALX.exe added to it? Have you added any new units yet, if so which units did you remove? It is probably a good idea to list any and all changes you've made in the OP, I know that I am curious and I'm sure others are too.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    About this:

You can change it from in game settings
    thanks for help Bogia!

Bogia, i want to clarify if i had been correct install EB v1.21 Alex :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX_2016-06-02_15-17-35-43.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	337424

its that's right if game version appear in EB main menu is version 1.2 ?, not something like 1.21?
    Last edited by Johnadiw26; June 02, 2016 at 02:42 AM.
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

270 BC, when your lovely neighbors suddenly take visit to your home

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2016-06-02 16-03-42-58 copy.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	723.4 KB 
ID:	337427

"The S.P.Q.R
    send their regards."

- Centurion Roose Bolton -
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    So what exactly did you change? Is it basically your submod compilation with the EB12_on_ALX.exe added to it? Have you added any new units yet, if so which units did you remove? It is probably a good idea to list any and all changes you've made in the OP, I know that I am curious and I'm sure others are too.
    I have a changelog thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-List-of-v1-21
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    thanks for help Bogia!

Bogia, i want to clarify if i had been correct install EB v1.21 Alex :

Name:	RomeTW-ALX_2016-06-02_15-17-35-43.jpg 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	337424

its that's right if game version appear in EB main menu is version 1.2 ?, not something like 1.21?
    Something you made wrong, you need to install both eb 1.1 and eb 1.2 into your rtw folder, then copy this folder from rtw folder to alex folder and then extract into the alex folder the 1.21a alex and make a shortcut.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Something you made wrong, you need to install both eb 1.1 and eb 1.2 into your rtw folder, then copy this folder from rtw folder to alex folder and then extract into the alex folder the 1.21a alex and make a shortcut.
    hai bogia ,thank you for your attention Bogia, i had been follow your latest instruction, i reinstalled RTW and EB from scratch , sadly i get chat_filter.san file error again,then i solved the problem by copy+paste chat_filter.san file from alex\eb\data folder to rtw\eb\data folder, make a shortcut and play a game,game run very smooth, so i need your help once again to clarify my installation if had right or wrong, with this 3 attached picture.

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2016-06-02 21-19-17-71.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	990.2 KB 
ID:	337429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2016-06-02 21-18-24-68.jpg 
Size:	1,019.9 KB 
ID:	337430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW-ALX 2016-06-02 21-16-40-33.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	723.8 KB 
ID:	337431

NB: this is non steam installation using RTW Gold pack

For now I will just play it on RTW. Thanks for the help.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Great work. As I understand, 1.21 isn't a final version? I remember, that you said about version 1.3.

I also have some problems with the install, but I found a solution.
    Follow the instructions:
    - copy the chat_filter.san in \Rome-Total War\alexander\eb\Data and paste to \Rome-Total War\eb\Data
    - copy also the content of EB in the v1.21 Alex patch to the \Rome-Total War\eb
    That last step resolved the problem for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    I also have some problems with the install, but I found a solution.
    Follow the instructions:
    - copy the chat_filter.san in \Rome-Total War\alexander\eb\Data and paste to \Rome-Total War\eb\Data
    - copy also the content of EB in the v1.21 Alex patch to the \Rome-Total War\eb
    That last step resolved the problem for me!
    Well you can follow these in order to convert your eb to Alexander. I confirm.

Having a problem
    After first battle end, all menu buttons, characters and city names replaced with black squares. If trying to load previous save- game ctd.

Is there any solution to this?

Oh, nice, I must have missed it. Looking forward to see where you take this, I have a heavily modified EB that I use for personal use, I think the core game + alex version of jirysys mod compilation is pretty well polished, and excellently balanced, besides a very few inconsistencies in the edu, the infinite spawning of rebel generals north and north west of the Alps(?), and possibly broadening a few units' aor, the game could use a freshening up texture wise. I don't know if your considering putting in the named and numbered legions in but, in my experience, having done it to mine, it's kind of annoying to me when you play as another faction and fight the Romans, they'll have units from all the different legions in one stack, I guess it's not that big a deal, just kinda kills the immersion. It is cool though, if you play as the Romans. Anyways, done rambling, good luck.

Havok.'s Avatar Foederatus

Is this compatible with Jirisys's mega mod pack? If so, which one should i install first, this one or Jirisys's one?
    I did this in 2007, i liked Creedence and i liked Europa Barbarorum. Decided then to make a homage to both of them. Made with Paint and Windows Movie Maker, the perfect weapons for a kid with these particular tastes, hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    Is this compatible with Jirisys's mega mod pack? If so, which one should i install first, this one or Jirisys's one?
    Not compatible

There will be new Faccions in later versions? or just new units and fixes, and another question, is this the final version?
    Last edited by Flinn; June 30, 2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

I've done the steps for a clean steam installation and my game keeps going black screen with a loading bar at the bottom, which then loads and the game comes back. After it does this 2-4 times over a few turns it CTD's.

I will check again and i will upload new version.

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you bogia!!!Are we gonna see the new soundtracks and other features from EB2 to EB1???

First of all Thank you Bogia for your great New EB Patch ;} , and second i should ask if rs 2 enviroment work with 1.21 i tried it and so far seemed good.
    Last edited by yonyu; September 05, 2016 at 12:55 AM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I may have got this wrong but how can this instruction work? "For both versions then make a new shortcut of Rome TW-ALX. Go to properties and add destination -mod:eb -nm -show_err -noalexander" IIRC you have to send a shortcut from "single player" for it to play. If you add that destination to Rome TW-ALX.target line are you not instructing it to do the opposite anyway? I have followed your instruction exactly into a new clean install of EB 1.1 + 1.2 and it does not work, I get an error window. I have the non steam Anthology version in 3 separate disks, I have installed EB 1.2 a couple of times before without any problems as I have done with many other mods, so I like to think I know what I'm doing. Also can I add RS environments to this should I get it to work? It looks like great work you have done here and I would love to play EB again with the bug fixes you have done, it was a big problem at times before and also the new units which look pretty cool. I'd love to showcase it on my youtube channel.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 17, 2016 at 01:18 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast