Thread: Seleukos99's 1-turn campaign tweaks

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Seleukos99's 1-turn campaign tweaks

Hey guys,

I've been lately tweaking for myself a 1-turn campaign in RSIII, and I thought it would be nice to share the fruits of my work with you, as some of you, I guess, may find it a nice addition to your campaigns, as well.

1. Greek-centered mercenary recruitment

A small modification to the mercenary recruitment system that involves both the main recruitment of mercenaries on the strategic campaign map, as well as the mercenary recruitment through the 'Mercenary and Regional Unit Recruitment' building. The latter obviously only for those factions that have this building available in their roster. The mod introduces a variety of ethnic Greek units to the regions that were historically the sites of Greek colonization (Southern Gaul, Eastern Spain, Corsica and Sardinia, Northern Asia Minor, Crimea), and that, in my opinion, were not given sufficient representation of 'the Greek element' in RS, or were not given it at all. In addition, the mod changes the requirements for the "Mercenary and Regional Unit Recruitment" building to be constructed. You no longer need to set up level3 barracks in order to be able to recruit local units. That gives you thus an option of either focusing on developing your own military infrastructure, or, as an alternative, rely solely on the local military units. You will, however, still need to meet some conditions in order to be able to benefit from the local military resources, as you first need to appease the newly-conquered population by commissioning the 'Tribal Justice' building and build the 'Blacksmith' to provide the necessary supplies.

Dropbox download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwv4sq5z0n...weaks.rar?dl=0

Installation instructions:

a. download the rar file
    b. unpack with winrar or whatever you have installed on your computer
    c. copy the content to your RSIII directory
    d. replace the files when prompted to do so

As I have a few other ideas for the 1-turn campaign I will keep on updating this post with further tweaks. Also, if you have your own ideas for modifying the 1-turn campaign I would love to talk about them, too.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; May 25, 2016 at 04:03 PM.