Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Lord Firkraag's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: PFM 4.1 - Warhammer support

Also here to say that the Battle_Entities_Tables is yellow, and I can't open it. What changed?
    Last edited by Lord Firkraag; June 26, 2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joproulx99 View Post
    Hello had the same problem with battle_entities (core) not opening today...I tried updating and all, but it never fixed anything.

What I did to ''fix'' the issue for now is:
    -open PFM
    -uncheck UPDATE ON STARTUP (in options tab)
    -then I opened zip file schema 69 and extracted in PFM folder (replace ''yes to all'').

battle_entities and others still appear yellow but can be opened and edited. I get it that they are yellow since we use 69 vs schema 71 and PFM detect it as old version, since 71 is the latest version. But 71 break the battle_entities(core)...

I tried many things before getting to this conclusion though...like many I am an humble file editor, not an ace programmer :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    That sadly doens't work for me. After I updatet to the latest schema (71) yesterday, the battle_entites table worked fine. Today the data__core and my renamed version won't open, but the data__ch works fine.
    Something else I wanted to mention concerning the projectiles table. The names of the bonus vs. large and bonus vs. cavalry rows are in the wrong order. They have to be switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Firkraag View Post
    Also here to say that the Battle_Entities_Tables is yellow, and I can't open it. What changed?
    If you come across problems like this, right click on the table you're trying to open, select "Open->Open DecodeTool".
    Near the lower right, it says "table version: <X> (parsed with: <Y>".
    If you post here that you're failing to open a table, please add those versions (X and Y).
    X is the table version in the file, Y is the version used by PFM trying to open it.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

If you come across problems like this, right click on the table you're trying to open, select "Open->Open DecodeTool".
    If you post here that you're failing to open a table, please add those versions (X and Y).
    X is the table version in the file, Y is the version used by PFM trying to open it.
    What do you mean exactly by that? That X and Y must be equal? I don't really understand. I've tried to parse as you said but I have as "available" choices : 27 to 0, 27 to 5, 27 to 27 and 27 to 27 (didn't understand here why there are same parsing numbers two times).

And after that, what do I do? Save it? In what directory?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrisps View Post
    What do you mean exactly by that? That X and Y must be equal? I don't really understand. I've tried to parse as you said but I have as "available" choices : 27 to 0, 27 to 5, 27 to 27 and 27 to 27 (didn't understand here why there are same parsing numbers two times).

And after that, what do I do? Save it? In what directory?
    I mean add the numbers to the post in which your report the problem.
    As in "I fail to open battlefield_entities; DecodeTool says it's version 27".

I don't know what you mean by "available choices", it's just a display, you can't select anything.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

table version 27, parsed 0. having the same issue

Default Re: PFM 4.0 - Warhammer support

Hey, just started (attempting) to mod, and already come up against a problem. I've made a change to the name of 'Swordsmen' to 'SwordsmenofSteve', just as a tester, but when I exit DAVE, 'it says my changes have not been submitted yet, am I sure I want to leave?'

Then when I attempt to upload them in the mod manager it comes up with an in the steam website saying these mods don't exist.

Can anyone help?

Ty ty ty

Quote Originally Posted by WakelessREX View Post
    table version 27, parsed 0. having the same issue
    Okay so that referred to battle_entities too
    Fixed that table schema, should be working fine now.

Something else I wanted to mention concerning the projectiles table. The names of the bonus vs. large and bonus vs. cavalry rows are in the wrong order. They have to be switched.
    Switched those two.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I mean add the numbers to the post in which your report the problem.
    As in "I fail to open battlefield_entities; DecodeTool says it's version 27".

I don't know what you mean by "available choices", it's just a display, you can't select anything.
    It's in "definitions" -> "available" where I have 3 choices : Version 0, 5 or 27. Apparently, it shows less error messages in the right upper square when I choose version 27. The only problem is, even thought I would like to change the file to version 27 parse 27, how to do it? Is there a way?

I know you certainly are working to solve this issue already. It is clear that this bug is really annoying for a lot of modders, especially not being able to access "battlefield_entities_table"... Good luck in finding a way to have your software back to normal work.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Ok noted. Thx for fixing!

It's in "definitions" -> "available" where I have 3 choices : Version 0, 5 or 27. Apparently, it shows less error messages in the right upper square when I choose version 27. The only problem is, even thought I would like to change the file to version 27 parse 27, how to do it? Is there a way?
    When you select version, it does use that selected version to try and parse the file (you can see on the right hand side, the left list changes).
    That is only valid while in the DecodeTool though, it's supposed to be a help to start fixing a schema from different baselines.

I know you certainly are working to solve this issue already. It is clear that this bug is really annoying for a lot of modders, especially not being able to access "battlefield_entities_table"... Good luck in finding a way to have your software back to normal work.
    Yeah it should be fixed with schema 72, do an update.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Will do. Thanks for your dedication dude.

I works ! Thank you so much !

PS : By the way, is there any way to edit my own posts? I haven't found it.

Thanks for your work daniu!

PS : By the way, is there any way to edit my own posts? I haven't found it.
    Yeah I wanted to ask the same thing There is a way, just don't see any button for it. Glad I'm not the only one

is there any way to edit my own posts? I haven't found it.
    You get an edit button after a minimum amount of forum posts.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

For Unit_special_abilities im having an issue
    Assume_specific_behavior is in tweak, when I change this value and export the data to a pack PFM will not open Unit-special_abilities

getting Version 38 parsed with 0

I believe the issue was that 'unkown 15' was the wrong thing its labeled as a booleon but I thought it might be a string. I tried changing it myself and it also crashed so im at an impass

nvm got it working

<field name='assume_specific_behaviour' type='optstring_ascii' />

should be that.
    got pike wall working

Schema 72 does not fix the problem for me. battle_entites data__core still won't open (data__ch does). Version 27 parsed with 0
    Tried multiple times to replace the old schema.
    Thanks for all the effort you put into this. Your work is greatly appreciated daniu.

Civis

Looks like the update added a new column to several tables. Can't update anything at the moment.

Is there a way I can fix this myself, or do I need to wait on a PFM update? Thanks!
    That's Numberwang!

Quote Originally Posted by WakelessREX View Post
    <field name='assume_specific_behaviour' type='optstring_ascii' />
    should be that.
    got pike wall working
    Thanks... replaced the boolean unknown15 with this.

Schema 72 does not fix the problem for me. battle_entites data__core still won't open (data__ch does). Version 27 parsed with 0
    Tried multiple times to replace the old schema.
    Thanks for all the effort you put into this. Your work is greatly appreciated daniu.
    I uploaded schema 73 right now, and I don't have a problem opening battle_entities with it.
    However, mine says data__core is version 31?
    Or are you working on your own pack created before the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhavanna View Post
    Looks like the update added a new column to several tables. Can't update anything at the moment.
    Is there a way I can fix this myself, or do I need to wait on a PFM update? Thanks!
    Well yes you can update your schema yourself, it's not like I'm performing magic here.
    Open the tables with the DecodeTool, change column types until everything falls into place (the line with entries: X/X, data: Y/Y should turn green), and you have it.
    Then you can select "show" and copy/paste it here so I can integrate it into the official schema for everybody, and "Set" so your PFM uses the changes.

Otherwise, you'll need to list the tables you're having problems with; I don't see any at first glance.
    Last edited by daniu; June 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I uploaded schema 73 right now, and I don't have a problem opening battle_entities with it.
    However, mine says data__core is version 31?
    Or are you working on your own pack created before the update?
    My mod file was working fine, the error occured when trying to open the table directly from the data.pack