Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.0 - Warhammer support

So apparently post processing tool for renaming the tables worked....I don't even know how that's a thing....like it's just names.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

would u someone give a advise for this matter? i try to give a mount from vampire count's zombie dragon to chaos army, so using pfm edited mounts in land_unit.

just switching chaos dragon with zombi dragon. it works well at first, fight well, moves like jagger...but suddely animation is crashed.

it comes out in battle field but move with crashing animation. i try to edit some other tables for that (main_unit, mount table..)

but didn't know what is wrong with that. is that impossible to take other factions move animation? or something else?

Try culture_battle_animations. If the Z dragon has a different animation, you might have to reassign its animation set to chaos fellas.

really thank you. i'll try!

@king Brian did you solve your problems with people having crashes over steam?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=691253752
    people are telling me they have the same issues with mine.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    So apparently post processing tool for renaming the tables worked....I don't even know how that's a thing....like it's just names.
    By not using postprocessing, you're just overriding the vanilla files and likely causing lots of conflicts with them. Just by adding something to the name it knows you've made a mod and your changes will override vanilla's.

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Just loaded up PFM 4.0 for the first time, takes me right back! I can't remember what the tables with blue names mean though, except sometimes it crashes PFM when I open them. Can someone please tell me what the blue text is supposed to indicate?
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncabbage View Post
    Just loaded up PFM 4.0 for the first time, takes me right back! I can't remember what the tables with blue names mean though, except sometimes it crashes PFM when I open them. Can someone please tell me what the blue text is supposed to indicate?
    Those are empty tables, there's really no need to open them (or them being in there at all for that matter).
    Which ones are crashing PFM though? That shouldn't happen.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

hey daniu thnx for the updated schema... so do we have to download pfm 4.0 again for updated version? kindly reply..

Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    hey daniu thnx for the updated schema... so do we have to download pfm 4.0 again for updated version?
    No, just do DB Description->Update Schema from your current installation.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

thnx a lot

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Those are empty tables, there's really no need to open them (or them being in there at all for that matter).
    Which ones are crashing PFM though? That shouldn't happen.
    Couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but if it happens again I'll be sure to post a bug report here for you.

PS. Sort of OTT, but do the packs contain any editable scripts? Like for example, to create events. Not something I've messed with before, but would be handy to know.

PPS. The link to EDITSF in your signature is broken, points to the old post.
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; May 31, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

Check out the mail I just received:

Code:
    Hi,

If you’re receiving this email it is because you are listed as an admin on our next Projects of the Week Issue for June 6th, 2016 on the SourceForge Blog.

Here are the projects selected:

squirrel-sql

swig

bluestarlinux

packfilemanager

newfmd

strace

osxportableapps

winpenpack

cmusphinx

You will see them reflected live on the SourceForge homepage and blog next week.

Thanks,

Joan Nadene
    SourceForge Community Coordinator

Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Theres a thing thats always bugged me with PFM. I don't know if it just happens for me, but I can't open like two variantmeshdefinitions or two UI files with the same window of PFM.
    Eg, I open a variantmeshdefinition and it opens as a text file with Notepad++. I try opening another one, and nothing happens. Same with UI.
    So I've either got to export the files, or close the entire PFM thingy and reopen it.

Is there a reason why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Check out the mail I just received:

Code:
    Hi,

If you’re receiving this email it is because you are listed as an admin on our next Projects of the Week Issue for June 6th, 2016 on the SourceForge Blog.

Here are the projects selected:

squirrel-sql

swig

bluestarlinux

packfilemanager

newfmd

strace

osxportableapps

winpenpack

cmusphinx

You will see them reflected live on the SourceForge homepage and blog next week.

Thanks,

Joan Nadene
    SourceForge Community Coordinator

HAH! Well deserved

Congratulations aside, I'm having an issue installing my mod properly. When I use the PFM menu option to install the mod thru File >> My Mods >> Install Mod, it errors because it has the wrong path. It's looking for The Creative Assembly/TWH/Scripts, and I have The Creative Assembly/Warhammer/Scripts.

It's simple enough to rename the folder, run the script, and change the folder back, but it's a bit of a pain. Couldn't find a config option to fix it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Theres a thing thats always bugged me with PFM. I don't know if it just happens for me, but I can't open like two variantmeshdefinitions or two UI files with the same window of PFM.
    Eg, I open a variantmeshdefinition and it opens as a text file with Notepad++. I try opening another one, and nothing happens. Same with UI.
    So I've either got to export the files, or close the entire PFM thingy and reopen it.

Is there a reason why this is?
    Yes. You are using "Open With->External Editor", right?

When opening the external editor (Notepad++), the PFM registers as wanting to be notified when the editor is closed.
    When that happens, it allows to open that editor again. Until then, it locks the editing.
    For some reason, that mechanism doesn't seem to work all the time - I haven't tried around whether it's for all programs or just certain ones.
    That means that the lock in PFM is still in place, disallowing further edits.

Do the variantmeshdefinition files have a file extension (.variantmeshes or so)?
    Then you can add it to the text_extensions.txt file in the PFM directory, which will cause PFM to open the file in the internal text editor.
    Which is crappy, but at least you don't have to restart PFM all the time.

I'm having an issue installing my mod properly. When I use the PFM menu option to install the mod thru File >> My Mods >> Install Mod, it errors because it has the wrong path. It's looking for The Creative Assembly/TWH/Scripts, and I have The Creative Assembly/Warhammer/Scripts.
    Yeah I know, fixed that in my internal version already.
    I'll release a new version soon (probably this weekend), which will also include the new EsfLibrary.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Is there an easy way to debug to see if a mod is being properly loaded? I'm tearing my hair out here trying to get the simplest of changes to show up in game. It could be an error in the data, but there is just no way to tell!

Is there an easy way to debug to see if a mod is being properly loaded? I'm tearing my hair out here trying to get the simplest of changes to show up in game. It could be an error in the data, but there is just no way to tell!
    Not that I know of.
    What made a difference for me is starting Steam as an Administrator account (which I usually don't do); then, WH loads and applies the mods.
    As a normal user, it says "(modded)", but the changes aren't applied.

I did post this as a bug in the official forum; it makes debugging some PFM issues nearly impossible (I'm not going to start developing PFM as Administrator).
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Thanks for the headsup, I'm going to give that a go first.

PS. Huzzah it works! It's been bugging me all day and atleast, success!
    Small feature request, although it's probably on the way towards bloat, is it possible to have RGB fields show in their particular color, and allow a colour picker? I am doing quite a bit of color mapping at the moment, and I've noticed it's a little confusing to tell what color maps to what in the game. For example, I thought I'd figured out changing the unit faction colors, but I am not getting the results I expected.
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; June 01, 2016 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks for the headsup, I'm going to give that a go first.
    Oh, here's another heads up: when you copy a .pack into the data directory as a normal user, it gets deleted when you start WH as Administrator.
    So you pretty much have to login to Windows as Administrator to begin with (I haven't found a simple way to copy-as-Administrator; it might work to start PFM as Admin).
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum