Thread: SubMod Installer/Manager for Medieval 2/Rome TW

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Default SubMod Installer/Manager for Medieval 2/Rome TW

Introduction
    This tool allows you to install multiple submods without having to backup your original files. When you want to restore your original game just click a button, it's that simple It supports installation order as well.

Screens:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Requirements

This tool requires Java 8 to be installed on your system.

Installation

1. Extract all the files to your main mod's folder.
    2. Use "launch SubMod Manager.bat" to start.

How to use

1. create a folder for your submod inside the RK_submods. For example "RK_submods/my_submod/".
    2. Put all your submod's content inside. IMPORTANT! - the "my_submod" folder is treated like your mod's main folder.
    Example:

RK_submods/my_submod/data/export_descr_unit.txt <---------- correct one
    RK_submods/my_submod/export_descr_unit.txt <---------- incorrect one

3. launch the tool and select submods to install (left column).
    4. Note that the mods will be installed from top to bottom of the list so make sure you're using a correct order.
    5. Done.
    6. To install new submod/restore vanilla files click "rstore vanilla" button.

*Some mods may use .bat file for installing additional content, make sure to launch it inside the submods folder. Otherwise even after copying backups the additional edits won't be reverted.
    *This tool WILL NOT make two incompatible mods compatible. However you can always try, with this tool your game's folder is safe and you can always restore it.
    Download

SubMod manager.rar (Dropbox)
    SubMod manager.rar (TWCenter)
    source code (Dropbox)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: SubMod Installer/Manager for Medieval 2/Rome TW

Good one Rafkos. Thanks for sharing.

I assume that two submods must be compatible with each other if they are both to be installed. That this does not merge files that both submods contain (which would be awesome but really, really hard to do). e.g. Two submods that add units and so both contain an edited EDU, and neither EDU already contains the other's edits. So one submod's EDU will be overwriting the other's and therefore breaking that other submod. It might be worth warning about this in the OP.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: SubMod Installer/Manager for Medieval 2/Rome TW

Yes, it only works for mods compatible with each other. Would be great to make a compatibility tool, but it would be hard to fix animations, sounds, modeldb and others. I will include a warning.
    I think this tool may also be useful for modders to check large portion of files before applying it. It's almost like a "mods" folder inside the mod.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka