Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8800GTX graphics problem

Default 8800GTX graphics problem

I just brought a gainward BLISS 8800 GTX. The speed is amazing!!!! Everything works fine but a problem. There are no shadows for any of the trees. Everything else have shadows but the trees. i checked my graphics option and the settings in on very best with shadow turned ON. I have installed the latest driver and running on a windows xp x64 edition. So why are there no shadows for trees?
    Anyone else have a 8899 and experience this problem?

please reply

Hadrian's Avatar MacMhaolian

Default Re: 8800GTX graphics problem

@freaktong

If that's the only problem and you aren't seeing any tearing or other graphical anomolies, then your VC is probobly OK. Remember, you have a cutting edge VC running in an operating system it wasn't designed for, and, the drivers for those VC's aren't mature yet either so be patient as it sounds like a driver issue. Just wait and watch for the next release of the appropriate drivers and upgrade, keep abscribing to this process each driver release until your happy with what you see. Unfortunately, that's the price of surfing on the edge of technology! Hope that helps you out....
    Hadrian
    Under the Patronage of PyrrhusIV
    Patron of jegui
    Keeper of the Faith

Probably needs Vista!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Probably needs Vista!
    Well no because that would mean M2TW is a DX 10 game. As Hadrian has already said, it is most likely a driver issue since it's a DX 10 card.

I have got an E6600 @ 3ghz and a 8800 GTX at stock and I experience all sorts of glitches, mainly with shadows, even though the frame rate is excellent. I can run 1600x1200 8XAA and 16AF without any noticeable slow down using normal unit sizes. So I put it down to dirivers, they are still in their infancy.

Hadrian's Avatar MacMhaolian

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post
    I have got an E6600 @ 3ghz and a 8800 GTX at stock and I experience all sorts of glitches, mainly with shadows, even though the frame rate is excellent. I can run 1600x1200 8XAA and 16AF without any noticeable slow down using normal unit sizes. So I put it down to dirivers, they are still in their infancy.
    Your exactly right Phil. The drivers will improve rapidly too. Oh, and I'm jealous as hell of your CPU/GPU combo! Excellent combo.....

@ H&G

Hello my friend.....
    Hadrian
    Under the Patronage of PyrrhusIV
    Patron of jegui
    Keeper of the Faith

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

same here no shadows for trees for a 8800 gtx card, I hope will have some drivers soon.

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Have you gentlemen tried any of the 3rd party drivers? I don't know if there are any DNA, Omega, NGO drivers out there that support the G80, just figured I'd ask.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Indefinitely Banned

8600 here. No shadows. Anyone found a solution?

Foederatus

All the 8 series Nvidia cards have this problem.We can only expect for a better drivers.

I am sure about that problem isnt about buggy drivers. It is all about the game and of course CA.

Not all 8XXX series, but also Rodeon HD series have the same shadow problem with this game. I have 8800gt, my friends have 3870, 2900XT, 8600GT and like that, different dx10 supported cards. None of them show shadows properly.

This fault does not belong to gpu manufacturers. CA should give up being lazy about their game and begin to work for fixes after all those community complaints.

I recently re-installed M:TW2 for another go, but I'm getting this shadow problem too. Except in my game, I have no shadows at all, not even on units or buildings

4 months ago when I last played, I never had this problem (although I cant remember if I had the vegetation shadow problem)

I'm using 2 x 8800gtx

Sardonicus's Avatar Biarchus

I'm running an EVGA NVIDIA 8800 780mb Ultra and even though I've tried all the drivers I could find, I get constant CTD's.
    All my other games run great, even Crysis at maxed out settings but this constant CTD with MTW2 is really depressing since it's the only game I really care about playing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PT5NUroxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzt1ao81jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c_BvVBd-Q

Quote Originally Posted by heyhellowhatsnew View Post
    The Total War community is almost as bad as Monster Hunter and DOTA. Christ some of you are manchildren.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT and I also have no tree shadows.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have any of looked on nVidia and/or ATI forums on their sites to if anyone else has brought this up as an issue and what maybe their workaround is?Has anyone rolled back their drivers to see if there is a set that gives you shadows? Where is the initiative?

I've tried ATI's online support and they didn't have an answer.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You can use the search feature on this site to find the thread but I read in one of that AMD is aware of the problem. I believe the answer was to use the 7.6 drivers, not the new ones out. Nvidia, the last one I read doesn't even have that much an answer. All they seem to know it's coming.

Thank you for finding that out. Hopefully this fixes it.

I have the 8800 GTX 750 mb and i have no problems....
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast