Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RS3: Missile Command

Default Re: RS3: Missile Command

I actually think that missiles are more effective if they hit point-blank so perhaps if they're throwing them as you're about to collide it kills more people. A cohort soldier only has 2 pila, so you're not saving that much if they throw twice while you're getting in.

What units are you fighting them with anyway?
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 31, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

Domesticus

Averni heavy infantry is what they're called, i think. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of hitting them point blank. Obviously casualties are inflicted if they're throwing pila while already in melee, but i don't see any difference in the number of deaths in relation to the distance of attack.

It's probably when using thin lines (eg: pikemen) as at full range a bunch of javelins will miss (go overhead or fall short) while at pointblank this is rather unlikely. Even skirmisher light doctrines do a lot if they run right up into pikes and start throwing.

But if you're in deep ranks I would guess the difference is not as great as a close 4- or 5-deep pike group.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    ................ - but others need some sort of benefit aswell. ............................
    For goodness sake why? Balance in a 'game'? Not in our RS!!!!!

That's just it ur-lord Tedric, even with those casualties inflicted, i can still massacre entire roman legions, be it they republican or imperial era.
    Then there is no problem.

.................. i'll just keep doing at im doing currently: charge in fast to mitigate those losses.
    Which is playing like a Celt!

But also - 'javelins' are not 'pila'
    Last edited by ur-Lord Tedric; June 01, 2016 at 07:38 AM.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

C'mon Alavaria, i'm not that dumb Im talking about rear shots. But then again, im putting them at the same level as Scythian Archers, which i personally find to be killing machines.

Dvk: So basically the AI has it's stats ramped up when facing the player and that's why i face this degree of losses?
    Yes. And it's why, as a player, the same weapons used against the same units, would do less damage.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Pila hurt. So do those soliferrum users, but I think factions with those don't also 1. get them on always on really heavy infantry and 2. seriously hulk out on those really heavy infantry.

It's actually interesting to see just how cheap the Iberian Scutarii units are (they are light spearmen who use soliferrum and spear)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123