Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Unofficial asset support thread - Public Edition

Default The Official Unofficial asset support thread - Public Edition

Hello people of the forums.

For those who aren't a part of Hyrule Total Team, I have begun work on HTW 3d assets for Neph's consideration. I'm opening this thread here because I want more eyes to judge my handiwork.

Others are free to contribute to this thread and I among others might bring said contributions to the round table for judgement for inclusion.

With that said, it would be a waste of carpal tunnel syndrome and text to write this thread without images, so here's my work on the Fairies of Tarm. Heads up for those with low bandwidth / small monitors. Some of these images can get big.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fairy Queen

Great Fairy (along with other Jolly Rancher flavors)

Korrigan Blade (some of you might appreciate my design choice)

Default Re: The Official Unofficial asset support thread - Public Edition

Nice models. Though I really like your Korrigan Blade for obvious reasons.

Updates on the Korrigan itself. Still Work in Progress:

I got the Korrigan model done, now I'm just toying with ideas. The marks on the face I figured could serve as a branding showing they flubbed up in the past.

At the Same time, I started the Mad Mystic.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Beautiful work, the mystic is stunning. Amazing job on the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by SXFighter View Post
    Amazing job on the hair.
    To be honest, I used the Hyrule Warriors Great fairy as a foundation, much in the same way Neph uses foundations for his models. (I hope that wasn't a trade secret and I just deciphered that. )

XVM Dragon's Avatar Libertus

I am liking the look of these, the korrigans armour looks so menacing

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

I knew it wasn't an original design, I'm just saying it was well executed.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Dude, ppl ease dont tell me these are ripped models, even as foundations. Neph builds them totally from scratch, as should any modder seeking to avoid complications. Posting ripped content, even modified, is akin to sticking a giant glowing target sign saying "ban me!" to TWC. We cannot risk using any of this in the mod if that the case.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

That's not at all what he doing or saying he's doing. He's just saying he's using the designs as a reference.

Edit:Also, his models don't even look that similar to the ones in Warriors Chill, everything's fine.
    Last edited by SXFighter; May 21, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

That's not at all what he doing or saying he's doing. He's just saying he's using the designs as a reference.

Edit:Also, his models don't even look that similar to the ones in Warriors Chill, everything's fine.
    I hope so, its just caused a minor panic for neph. Don't just post you're using ripped models XD
    Note that the fairies are probably going to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch by neph.

Well with all the bad news from Neph this will propably happen 2020 ...... -.-
    So until then we can use the models Overminds models

My apologies. I suppose I too should be banished through the Mirror of twilight for my incompetence, but like everything else, that's for those in charge to judge. If it helps, I can do over my work. It'll take longer, but may be worth it.

Before my flub-up post, I did create some variety in terms of hairstyles for the fairies.

Along with Veran's emo hair.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

I hope so, its just caused a minor panic for neph. Don't just post you're using ripped models XD
    That's what I'm saying, he didn't say that. He used a poor choice of words that you took the wrong way, honestly from my point of view it's a pretty big stretch to think that he was saying they were ripped models. Especially considering the lengths you'd have to go to rip those models from a Wii U game to the PC.

Note that the fairies are probably going to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch by neph.
    Where did you get that info? Or are you just talking about how he's overhauling of all of the factions? In that case, it may be quite a while before he gets to Tarm.

I wish Neph would communicate with all of us or at least the whole team if this is something he's currently working on or about to start. I apologize if this is something I've missed but I feel like I've been asking about this for a while, so someone needs to point me in the right direction if that's the case.

I agree with what Nihilem is saying, Neph is not only super busy, but he has a ton planned. I don't see why his plans for the future should deter us, unless he's currently working on the same thing Overmind or I am.

Edit: Woah, what? Overmind, you're apologizing? Does that mean you did rip them?

Edit 2: Sorry DarkInterloper, I guess I was just hearing what I wanted to hear.
    Last edited by SXFighter; May 21, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

There's no winning with me saying things, is there?

Did I screw up by making a bad judgement call? Yes.
    Am I ashamed of what I have done? Yes.
    Is there a chance I may never show my face in this community again? Yes.
    Am I gonna try again WITHOUT a foundation that is frowned upon and only use foundations that are SPECIFICALLY LABELED public domain or make my own? Yes.
    Is there a smaller chance that my work will be accepted into the mod? Yes.
    Am I capable of making my own models from scratch without outside resources except textures.com and similar websites? Yes.

Now that I have that squared away, I'm gonna re-do my work FROM SCRATCH THIS TIME, regardless if my fate on this forum is sealed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    There's no winning with me saying things, is there?

Did I screw up by making a bad judgement call? Yes.
    Am I ashamed of what I have done? Yes.
    Is there a chance I may never show my face in this community again? Yes.
    Am I gonna try again WITHOUT a foundation that is frowned upon and only use foundations that are SPECIFICALLY LABELED public domain or make my own? Yes.
    Is there a smaller chance that my work will be accepted into the mod? Yes.
    Am I capable of making my own models from scratch without outside resources except textures.com and similar websites? Yes.

Now that I have that squared away, I'm gonna re-do my work FROM SCRATCH THIS TIME, regardless if my fate on this forum is sealed or not.
    Dude we're not going to drive you out with torches and pitchforks, just put more thought into it. Ripped models may be fine for a lark in garrys mod. But don't endanger someone else's mod with potentially copyright-violating material. HTWs already in enough danger. XD

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Please delete any previews containing items that you don't have a legal right to use.

That's what I'm saying, he didn't say that. He used a poor choice of words that you took the wrong way, honestly from my point of view it's a pretty big stretch to think that he was saying they were ripped models. Especially considering the lengths you'd have to go to rip those models from a Wii U game to the PC.

Where did you get that info? Or are you just talking about how he's overhauling of all of the factions? In that case, it may be quite a while before he gets to Tarm.

I wish Neph would communicate with all of us or at least the whole team if this is something he's currently working on or about to start. I apologize if this is something I've missed but I feel like I've been asking about this for a while, so someone needs to point me in the right direction if that's the case.

I agree with what Nihilem is saying, Neph is not only super busy, but he has a ton planned. I don't see why his plans for the future should deter us, unless he's currently working on the same thing Overmind or I am.

Edit: Woah, what? Overmind, you're apologizing? Does that mean you did rip them?

Edit 2: Sorry DarkInterloper, I guess I was just hearing what I wanted to hear.
    Mostly because I'm communicating with neph via IM. [emoji14]
    The fairies are moving away from their humanoid appearance, that's all I know.
    Edit: No prob, SXFighter

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    Dude we're not going to drive you out with torches and pitchforks, just put more thought into it. Ripped models may be fine for a lark in garrys mod. But don't endanger someone else's mod with potentially copyright-violating material. HTWs already in enough danger. XD
    Right. Thank you for understanding. I suppose I lurked around Garry's mod stuff for too long.

Please delete any previews containing items that you don't have a legal right to use.
    Done. At least I didn't use any outside source for this one other than a picture to look at. THIS I can confirm was modeled and textured from scratch.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    Mostly because I'm communicating with neph via IM. [emoji14]
    The fairies are moving away from their humanoid appearance, that's all I know.
    Edit: No prob, SXFighter
    Thanks. I get a bit too serious about this at times.

Dude we're not going to drive you out with torches and pitchforks

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    Done. At least I didn't use any outside source for this one other than a picture to look at. THIS I can confirm was modeled and textured from scratch.

Thank you, please don't do anything like that again. No one wants to see any good mod go down for something like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast