Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's the hype?

Default Where's the hype?

A few days from release and twc is pretty dead. Compared to Romes or even Attilas release this is weird.
    Why is there seemingly such little interest in the next total war game? Are history/lotr babies really that upset about it being a warhammer game?

Default Re: Where's the hype?

It might have to do with CAs recent decline in quality.

I grew up with warhammer and i must say im not too excited. Like ive seen everything the game has to offer. Im sure im wrong but we ll see

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    It might have to do with CAs recent decline in quality.
    Attila is one of the best total war games made, along with Shogun 2. I don't think that's really it.

Go to r/totalwar or other communities. I think TWC just has a lot more history grognards who hate that the game is fantasy based.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At Total War Reddit, and the official forums. Total War Center is dead except for modding. Filled with people who scream "SLAVS GIVE US SLAVVVVVVVVSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" all day.

Even Arch Warhammer is excited. ARCH!!!
    "The Dragon Returns..."

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Asking about hype on TWC???

Yeah, I don't come to this forum expecting hype when something new pops up. More like criticism and rants that CA messed up and only mods can save them.

@drillmaster, I definitely know how you feel. I've been obsessed with warhammer since 2008 and dove into the games, novels, tabletop and rpg stuff. With the game around the corner I feel like a novel reader who just heard the book's hitting the big screen and now, knowing all the spoilers, I'm just comparing everything to the novel and seeing where the directors did right and what they messed up with.

Still looking forward to it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skowdey View Post
    Attila is one of the best total war games made, along with Shogun 2. I don't think that's really it.
    I'd disagree with that, despite liking Atilla. The footage I've seen shows the exact same issues all Warscape games have, so no improvements on that front. In fact, it looks like a few steps backwards compared to Atilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    I'd disagree with that, despite liking Atilla. The footage I've seen shows the exact same issues all Warscape games have, so no improvements on that front. In fact, it looks like a few steps backwards compared to Atilla.
    Like what?

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This forum is unfortanately dead other than as a modding library. I blame the snobs, those miserable lowlifes. Their attitude scares people away.
    Like what?
    Looks like default negativity. I would say the combat appears to be most similiar to M2TW; with a major facelift.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

A few days from release and twc is pretty dead. Compared to Romes or even Attilas release this is weird.
    Why is there seemingly such little interest in the next total war game? Are history/lotr babies really that upset about it being a warhammer game?
    Ask the guy that told us that the AI in Rome II is really good. Basically everyone is jaded by CA/SEGA performance, decline in quality and the general way in which they treat their customers: lies and DLC.
    There's literally nothing to be hyped about, especialy when CA makes a game that is hyped and has all those nice trailers and all footages are from alpha/bets(could you show us something new, so we know you are making progress). Also, seeing how 20% of the game is DLC-locked(chaos), they removed, I repeat, removed, features(probably no naval battles, landings and so on. If they kept insta-transports thought they must be retarded).
    Also, let's remember what we can mod in this game that has full mod support: we can do units and battle stuff.... if it does not infrindge upon IP(which is a product of greed). You can't mod the campaign map, the music and many other things...long live Warscape...

I know that it's not what many people wanna hear but this is the truth: if you are not a big fan of Warhammer there is not much to be hyped about but many reasons to be cautious. If you are a fan though, you should be even more, in case CA messes it up. Also, final argument: games cost, a lot these days not mentioning the DLC. If you are not rich or do not have people who buy it for you, games are worth so much more, because the money you spend on them could be used for many other things, so if out favourite game series and the only one that produces games of this genre offers you bad content, of course you're angry. If Warhammer was sold at 15 euros I would buy it even if it is bad due to how cheap it is, but it costs a lot more than that(not including DLC like Chaos).

Also calling people like me babies does not attract any sympathy and I would not do it if I were you.

The fool is not the one who dreams, not the one who shouts in righteous anger, but the one that says everything is fine when they are not.

Like what?
    Units still cant keep a formation. Fine for Orks, not so fine for the Empire. Especially on spear- and halberdmen. Also no proper volley fire on musket units.

Senator

... Are history/lotr babies really that upset about it being a warhammer game?
    You sound like someone who appreciates decent reasoning. Sadly torture to force people to like something is not allowed in many countries, otherwise we had more hype, for sure.

Why is there seemingly such little interest in the next total war game?
    I watched few vids and game looks like crap. Or more like 50$ global reskin mod for Attila.

There no single element to be hyped about. Graphics are extremely horrible for year 2016. Maybe gameplay? Nope. Small scale battles with primitive mechanics. Even aesthetically game looks way too cartoonish and art, design doesn't fit with grimmy wh universe.

So as I said before. I am done with warscape games. I will start playing their games again when they will bring new engine along with new mechanics.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkas09 View Post
    Or more like 50$ global reskin mod for Attila.
    Yeah I keep forgetting to use my steamtank or mages to defeat the huns.
    This is so clearly a reskin no work has been done at all!!!/sarcasm

OT: You are asking the right question at the wrong forum, most of those people who complains don't know a cent of warhammer nor about warscape engine!

I believe this game is a step in the right direction, and can barely wait for Druchii being added.
    The only thing there really are missing is Ship warfare and interesting siege maps :|
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; May 20, 2016 at 05:35 AM. Reason: I forgot about maaaaa dragons!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, I'm personally not hyped. I still want to play it because it's Total War, and it's Warhammer, and it looks like a good game (and CA's approach has improved significantly), but it still looks like a quite generic Warscape game. Might be the best Warscape game, but still, feels flat and uninspired. The actual battles could easily become the most fun in TW by far though, and I personally like how the campaign is not about expanding constantly. I think I'll greatly enjoy the game, but the shiny new fresh release magic is just not there.

I am more hyped about the next TW (hoping that it will be the first major leap forward since Empire) than I am about Warhammer to be honest. The other games in the trilogy might change that if more ambitious features and improvements (and not just extra content) are included.

Senator

I'm not a Warhammer fan and would have been very glad if CA had made their own fantasy setting (like Thera mod for M2TW for example). The Warhammer world is a bit boring and even if not, very well known and ruled by strict copyrights. There is not much room for exciting development. However, I find most criticism against game and engine in general is over the top. Some points are really beaten to death, f.e. the inability to keep formation, as if exact formations were what was seen on the actual battlefields. I think the Warhammer setting will make the battles more interesting and will offer a nice change compared with the historical titles. The campaign could become more boring however and that's bad. In the longer run I would wish for a better campaign with better diplomacy and other options for individualisation.

I am hyped. Very Hyped.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Please TWC is where hype for anything TW goes to die

Spongebob + Patrick = Offical TW forums and TW reddit
    Mr. Krabs = TWC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLlnua63s0s

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast