Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ad Mari a Mare general overview and discussion

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ad Mari a Mare general overview and discussion

I made a little changes on the map - I have cut it on the east, deleting Moscow (it wasn't very important in XIIIth century) and cuman settlement on the Black Sea steppes. Instead, I created 3 german cities - Mainz, Trier and Cologne, because I need them in my script for electing Holy Roman Emperor. The problem is, that none of these cities was property of factions already presented in my mod, and I can't give them to rebels faction, because then they would be ruled by heretics, instead of archbishops like in reality So I've come into idea of creating a new, non-playable faction, let's say, "Ecclestical Electors of the Reich", with ai label similar to Papal States, that means, it would not attack other factions, beside the case that it would be attacked first. Attacking this faction would lower our relations with all german factions and exclude our duke from imperial election. What do you think about this?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Sounds like a cool idea mate.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Sounds really good

In general I find the setting of the mod really interesting, and I hope to see it come to fruition

Well, the problem is that all my co-workers disappeared and I'm completely alone on this project To be honest I wont be able to finish it by myself, at least not in any reasonable time All M2 players would abandon this gamę for that time propably I'm thinking about releasing some Alpha version, without scripts, new factions specific recruitment systems, some units and many other things I have in mind, but I just don't have enough time to put these ideas into life. Maybe then someone with wilingness to help will show up, if not, maybe this will be a sign to let go with modding M2
    Last edited by Hellvard; October 16, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

Any news?
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

I'm sorry but I didn't make any progress since my last post. I lost motivation and inspiration for modding Maybe it's not permanent, but for now I stopped working on this mod.

It happen. It might come back but in the meanwhile, trying to force yourself won't produce results. Take some air, spend some good time.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

The most important thing is that you do what you like. No pressure
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

While I was working on recruitment system for Polish factions I've come upon idea of removing castles from the game. That's right, I'm talking about leaving only one settlement type Castles have both pros:

-they are fun to play on battle map
    -with two settlement types we obviously have more variety in gameplay

And cons, which are too mamy to not at least consider removing castles:
    -having two settlement types affects negatively both player and ai - computer controlled factions when we leave a possibility to convert city to castle, because ai never uses that and it gives player a great advantage over it; when we are conquering enemy provinces we are sometimes encountering several cities in a row, which is cutting us of our recruiting centres
    -placement of castles on the map in terms of historical accuarycy: often it's very hard to determine if certain settlement should be of city or castle type, because sometimes it play both of these roles, in other cases castles evolved into cities, etc
    -if we reach fortress and later citadel level ai often have problems with dealing with more than 1 line of walls, giving player the upper hand in battle
    -number of buildings trees is limited and while castle line itself "costs" only one, by removing it we could also delete the castle counterparts of farms, ports, and do on

Feel free to share your opinions on this subject

is this mod still active WIP?

Sadly, I have made no progress since my last post. Not enough free time, lack of motivation

Well, when/if you want to go on later, I share your opinion on castles, they are a fancy feature and historical to middle age but given the many problems of ai to deal with it, plus the limit of buildings tree, sticking with one settlement type is better. Don't delete the core caste and port castle entries however, it need to stay in the EDB even if you make no use of them or the game will crash. The rest is fine to delete, but do it as you replace the said buildings if you run out of space rather than deleting all at once.

Sadly, I have made no progress since my last post. Not enough free time, lack of motivation

I think your mod is intersting cuz it has very freaky map coverage.

Thanks for your support guys I will get back to modding when I'll find some free time... And inspiration

Hi there, I'm leading the Anno Domini 973 modification (link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-modification) and as I can see you're using PSFs on your maps, so I'm wondering if you've got to AI modification? As I've been talking to some people before, it would seem that there isn't an AI that can properly handle PSFs and that it might even not be possible to make such a CAI. What are your experiences?

Best regards,

Dominik

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

any news?

Sorry, nothing at all For know I just have no time to work on this, because of job and other boring real life activities

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

What sort of help is needed to continue?
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

For example research about unit rosters for Kingdom of Bohemia, Denmark and Norway, units stats balancing, etc

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

any updated news?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast