Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: NEW Buff and Shine: Better Mongols, Improved AOR and more 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralV View Post
    KoJ VH/VH Rnd4: everything is fine, but I had a CTD when I'd like to try a custom battle.
    Yeah, this is an issue a couple of mods have had. For whatever reason sometimes if you open a campaign then go to custom battle it crashes. BUT if you open custom battle first it's fine.
    Why is this I don't know I'm looking into it.

Does it work with BC 2.4.2 ? Is there any instruction how to install it ?

Okay I see it, sorry for this

Report a bug,the Seljuk Ghulam Lancers are still silver models.

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Does reloading the game fix it or is it permanent crash?
    I tried it but it still crashed. Do you know what might be the reason of the crash? Also, I noticed that Yemen becomes way too powerful that it takes all of Arabian Peninsula, which makes the Ayyubid very weak because of their fighting against the crusades and Makuria.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    I tried it but it still crashed. Do you know what might be the reason of the crash? Also, I noticed that Yemen becomes way too powerful that it takes all of Arabian Peninsula, which makes the Ayyubid very weak because of their fighting against the crusades and Makuria.
    Thanks for your patience KingTutEgy. I'm still learning how to mod as I go a long with this thing though I'll do my damndest to make this as fun and stable as possible.

Could you upload the save? I think its likely one of three things which I'm working at right now:
    1. You just need to delete/regenerate Map.rmw
    2. One of the traits has been written wrong
    3. Something up with the campaign script.

I'll also ask the MTW2 Modding gods for some advice and help and see where to go. If you find anything or have any ideas I'll happily try them.

Yeah, I agree about Yemen many of the new factions introduced in BC 2.4 are given insane buffs that throw the balance out for the rest of the factions. I'll see if I can make it a tad more fair.

I have found what I believe is an unreported crash in MTW2. If a building in the EDU allows too many units to be recruited, there will be an unreported crash when that building is completed. I was adding a ton of recruitment by regions, when I found this issue awhile back. Once I trimmed back the total units per building, no more crash.

I never got the exact quantity of units. It doesn't give any error reports either.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Thanks for your patience KingTutEgy. I'm still learning how to mod as I go a long with this thing though I'll do my damndest to make this as fun and stable as possible.

Could you upload the save? I think its likely one of three things which I'm working at right now:

I'll also ask the MTW2 Modding gods for some advice and help and see where to go. If you find anything or have any ideas I'll happily try them.

Yeah, I agree about Yemen many of the new factions introduced in BC 2.4 are given insane buffs that throw the balance out for the rest of the factions. I'll see if I can make it a tad more fair.
    You're welcome and I see a lot of potential in this submod,however, I deleted the Map.rmw but the crash still persists. I uploaded my save in an attached zip file with this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello weekendGeneral, I will try your submod asap!

I do agree that Kerman begs have to be placed....Persia seems to be a withour a signle factions...but place the Seljuk back to their original position does not seems to be a little concentrate many factions in a quit small area?

after that you implement the Kerman begs I think would be interesting create an other (no direct playable faction) the Hasshashin faction as they were present near Qazvin and they try to expand their influence around the Islamic world....there are very few Shia faction in BC.
    my IDea for them it was give them mostly Persian soldiers and slave system as a main roster.
    than create special building called: Feydai formation (sorry for the spelling)
    that increase the conversion to the Shia, public order and gives 3 assassins (level 5 or more) and 3 spies (level 3 or 4)
    and at other level of construction may also give the units of Feyday (in white, with red turban)
    one of heavily archers (with also good melee ability) others of cavalry with bow and good melee skills. (when seljuks try to take Alamut and others caste back the Hasshashin fought as soldiers too)
    the vanilla units of Hasshashin, as no rason to be

sorry I just share my ideas with you

Amazing and challenging mod, Sir, with fantastic music, thank you!

By the way, do I have any chance to play with Kiev?

My game crashes at rebels' turn. I tried to play again, but it still happens, however, it is a random turn. In B.C. 2.4.2 it was about siege and moving away AI's army was enough. Do you know what could work here ?

So far I had no crashes, the mod is stable for me. But according to the error log, some things don't seem to work the way they should. For example in traits Trigger ChristianScriptures_theologian_university you use condition SettlementBuildingExists but you are testing a character. And similar mistake you made several times in campaign script in part ELEPHANT SIEGE FIX. You are using condition SettlementIsLocal but you are testing a character.

But otherwise I am really impressed. When do you plan to release patch addressing these bugs?

EDIT: I made Salghurids and Kiev playable. The reason it crashed was that in campaign script you had the below mentioned part but in text folder in file historic_events.txt you didn't add {KYIV_INTRODUCTION_TITLE} and {KYIV_INTRODUCTION_BODY} and the same goes for FARS.

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType kyiv
    and FactionIsLocal
    ; and I_TurnNumber = 0
    add_events
    event historic kyiv_introduction
    date 0 0
    end_add_events
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Last edited by vsivak; October 29, 2016 at 02:14 PM.

Thank you very much! Is it possible to add byzantine music to Kiev? It would be really cool for the only British English speaking faction

Will you plan to update your submod recently?

Much of the errors in in the system log will have been fixed and will be fixed in the next patch. At the moment trying to fix the crash that some players are having at turn 63. Yeah Kyiv and the Salghurids are also missing all auxiliary units and some traits their not really meant to playable yet. But good find!

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralV View Post
    Thank you very much! Is it possible to add byzantine music to Kiev? It would be really cool for the only British English speaking faction
    I think you may be a little disapointed in the update when Kiev gets their correct east european accent

Do you have an expected time of when you will release the update?

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    Do you have an expected time of when you will release the update?
    Basically when I figure out what part of the campaign script is triggering the crash winter 1204 turn 63. If any of you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Crusade related? Just from the date.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

mmmm maybe the forth crusade that arrives on Kostauntinopolis, that is more or less the turn and the day....