Thread: No Bride Presented - Possible bug with marriage?

Default No Bride Presented - Possible bug with marriage?

Hey troops.

Loving 6.4 so far but I'm having a big problem in that my male characters are not getting married! I know that the game limits your family members if you don't have a large enough empire but this isn't the problem.

Over 60-70 turns with late era HRE and only ONE male family member got a wife presented. I was only able to get heirs by marrying foreign princesses. The thing is eligible bachelors are still being presented for female family members.

It isn't exactly game breaking, but over the course of a long campaign it's quite frustrating. Adding to the problem is that often there just isn't a decent princess nearby. I haven't played an Islamic faction yet, so I can't report on what happens there so far.

Any advice on a fix would be very appreciated. SS is amazing, well done!

Default Re: No Bride Presented - Possible bug with marriage?

There is a ratio of family members to settlements under your control, meaning that ladies of age and family members will either not get married, or if married, have kidlets. The only way around this is to either have some of the waste of space family members die, or expand your territories somewhat.

I'm fairly certain that's not the reason. I had a sizable empire with about 2 settlements for every general/male family member. The men were still not receiving marriage opportunities and the women were. If I denied a marriage proposal for a female family member then it didn't give any one else a chance either, just kept presenting a groom for her every turn until I accepted one, and then moved on to the next unmarried of age female.

When the female family were married they also went on to produce multiple children, despite there being multiple older, unmarried male family members. Even expanding my borders didn't have an effect on my poor lonely generals.

So, you have no more females awaiting marriage? It usually tries to sort the ladies out first... for whatever reason.

I decided to try a Turk campaign in order to see if this still happens without princesses complicating matters. This campaign starts with a faction leader with 3 sons and various generals. It seemed ok at first. Compared to vanilla MTW2 it took a lot longer for the 3 sons to get married and have kids but eventually they all did, with the middle son seeming to take longer than the others in all areas.

Now I'm almost 40 turns in and the same problems are cropping up. Each of those sons I mentioned before have had their 4 kids. All of their daughters are presented with husbands, and the sons are left alone. Even when the daughters start having kids the sons are getting no brides! It's very frustrating for when I want good characters to have kids. I'm almost positive that in vanilla MTW2 this issue didn't exist.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause, or a solution?

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

The only solution I found was to keep killing off daughters husbands as soon as they marry + useless family members to keep the next generation coming through.

I have the same issue and I don't remember it being this way in vanilla. If I can marry a foreign princess to my heir I am able to continue the royal line, but otherwise, male children never marry. Daughters are offered husbands and then have kids and this is the only way the next generation is born. I have no adoptions either, and where I do have married couples they are having kids, seen this as Poland and Hungary. My current campaign, king has 2 sons and a daughter, plus a brother who was married from the start. The eldest son is the heir, I married him to a foreign princess but they've had no kids. 2nd son has never married. Daughter married a local suitor and they are having kids. Kings brother had a daughter and 3 sons. Daughter married local suitor and have a kid, 3 sons are not married. I have 9 regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmilan View Post
    The only solution I found was to keep killing off daughters husbands as soon as they marry + useless family members to keep the next generation coming through.
    Does that actually work?

If you marry your daughter to a suitor and then get him killed, will the game then start presenting brides to your male family members, provided you have no unmarried daughters?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It should work until your daughter reaches a certain age (but can't remember wich one exactly). After, she won't be able to get married anymore.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rushwithoutmercy View Post
    Does that actually work?

If you marry your daughter to a suitor and then get him killed, will the game then start presenting brides to your male family members, provided you have no unmarried daughters?

Should do, have a look at this link (post 16); http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...TW-Family-Tree

I had 2 princesses, once they were both married I finally got a bride presented for one of my many bachelors! Anyone know if there's a setting or code you can change to alter this in any way?