Thread: Getting third age on a mac while using steam.

Default Getting third age on a mac while using steam.

I have been trying to figure out how to use third age on my mac. I followed the "how to" on this website to try to mod my medieval 2. but now whenever I open the kingdoms campaign that I renamed third age to it just opens normal medieval 2, the screen turns black as it is loading and shuts it down. I then tried typing in the advanced setting but it didn't change anything. I am a huge lotr fan and desperately want to play this mod. All help is appreciated.

Default Re: Getting third age on a mac while using steam.

For the mac port you aren't meant to replace the kingdoms campaign.

Place the third age folder in your mods folder launch med 2 (regular) then activate the mod in advanced options.

In advanced options you'll need to enter
    --features.mod=mods/Third_age_3

Thanks for the help, but Ive been trying to get the mod to work through the advanced options (tying in --features.mod=mods/Third_age_3) my folder with 3.0 part one and two and 3.2 are in the mod file but it only ever opens normal med 2 and I see nothing about third age.

Your folder is still named Third_age_3 I'm assuming? And did you merge the contents for part 1/2/patch 3.2 into your Third_age_3 folder?

The folder/contents should look something like this if you've done it all right.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thats exactly what it looks like, is there anything else that could go wrong?

Did you merge the parts together inside the steam wrapper then move them to your mods folder?

I seem to remember mac overwrites the original stuff if you try to merge the parts together outside the wrapper.

Could also be worth testing out another mod like Age of Petty Kings, just to make sure everything is working properly. It's just 1 download and you don't need a wrapper or anything to extract it, so we can figure out if we're looking in the right place for a solution.

Here's the link if you want to give it a try: http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-age-of-petty-kings