Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Civilization VI

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Civilization VI

Anyone wants to hazard a guess if this will go on sale on the xmas sale? I dont want to buy it immediatly (too much of a backlog + other games that im interested in, like Endless Legend that gets an expansion), bbut its -22% now at gmg, and i fear it will be long before it goes at least -20/-25% again

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Civ 5 was released around the end of september early october as well, look up if it went on sale. If it did there is a chance this one will be as well, if not then it probably wont
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Civ 5 was released around the end of september early october as well, look up if it went on sale. If it did there is a chance this one will be as well, if not then it probably wont
    for a reason unknown to me, isthereanydeal refuses to make graphs of price history when i generate them

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Game is pretty good but there are plenty missing empires. I wanted to play as Ottomans but only Ayyubids available. Well better than nothing.

As usual went for Holy Empire, founded Islam then spreading like no tomorrow .

I just got into a religious war with the vikings. Not a swords and blood crusade. No. More a competition of who could send the most apostles into each other's territory. I ended up with a religious victory when I converted half his cities when he couldn't keep up with me. Thank you stockpiling of faith?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Game is pretty good but there are plenty missing empires. I wanted to play as Ottomans but only Ayyubids available. Well better than nothing.

As usual went for Holy Empire, founded Islam then spreading like no tomorrow .
    Ofc, can't satisfy them all. DLC and mods should fix that though. Can only be a matter of days until there are Nazi Germany and Soviet Union Speaking of, there is no Steam workshop yet?

Game looks good from what I've gathered, but the usual strategy- game killer nr1: bad AI, seems back again. Seen some horrible AI stuff in LP previews. Also, the game seems too susceptible to early rushes, and AI empires are ridiculously aggressive - makes for a lot of empires destroyed early.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I have read bad reviews about the AI. Armies of enemies close to undefended cities and not going for them. Leaders hating everyone etc.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I have read bad reviews about the AI. Armies of enemies close to undefended cities and not going for them. Leaders hating everyone etc.
    And Ghandi probably goes for nukes and is the first to use them. This is Civilization as we know it more than it is bad AI.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Thats not "civ as we know it", thats just unpolished AI and diplo game.

I hope a hotfix comes for most of the issues and exploits, so I can finally start

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    AI is Rome 2 1.0 stupid. Diplomacy is outright broken. Forget trading, un´like you really want to be ripped off.

Leader personalities works like a charm. Built a wonder? China will hate you for having more then them for the rest of the game, since they don't build one ever.

Leaders hating you for being a broke bum because your gold surplus drops from +100 per turn to +92 (trade route needs to be renewed) *gg
    And yeah military AI is retarded enough as well.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

I'm liking it so far. Right now I'm playing as France and I can't seem to build chateaux. I've researched humanism and have open river tiles. But I don't see the option to build any.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

It could be better than Civ 5 but it needs balancing + bug-fixing first. Then the DLCs can start.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The game is highly addictive. Far better than the previous one that i liked it but it had some issues. With some patches and a couple of expansions it can easily become the best in the series

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time

Civ 6 has been good so far, but some things certainly warrant a fix or two:

- I'm fine with being able to lose my own religion in my holy city, but there really should be a way to spend faith points and gain it back (i.e., your original holy site acts as an encampment of sorts for the religion you founded). My first game I had it wiped out via missionary rush into my borders and I was not aware that you could lose your religion entirely.

- Diplomacy AI needs a boost in so far as how the player's actions are evaluated. You'll have France getting upset at you for not utilizing your spies... but it's only turn 13. Things of that sort. Current diplomacy AI seems to be extremely bipolar, almost as if the AI was actively looking for a reason to despise you for the rest of the game.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    - Diplomacy AI needs a boost in so far as how the player's actions are evaluated. You'll have France getting upset at you for not utilizing your spies... but it's only turn 13. Things of that sort. Current diplomacy AI seems to be extremely bipolar, almost as if the AI was actively looking for a reason to despise you for the rest of the game.
    Yea the diplomacy is messed up, I had Gilgamesh declare war on me, and I'm playing as Sumer. Chalk that one up to 'roid rage, I guess. 'This game needs a patch in the worst way.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Yea the diplomacy is messed up, I had Gilgamesh declare war on me, and I'm playing as Sumer. Chalk that one up to 'roid rage, I guess. 'This game needs a patch in the worst way.
    Happened to me playing as China. It's apparently a bug where a civilization you have not encountered yet declares war on you (i.e., through a joint declaration). The game uses your own civilization as a placeholder.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

The AI is broken as well. I'm grinding out a domination win and several of the powers left in the game with large cities like Japan and India literally have no combat units on the map. Playing on Prince difficulty I have helicopters and mechanized infantry and the AI when it shows up to a fight brings crossbows and pikemen. If you're on the fence about getting this -- wait a while. This is TWR2-at-release awful.
    Last edited by Huberto; November 08, 2016 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    The AI is broken as well. I'm grinding out a domination win and several of the powers left in the game with large cities like Japan and India literally have no combat units on the map. Playing on Prince difficulty I have helicopters and mechanized infantry and the AI when it shows up to a fight brings crossbows and pikemen. If you're on the fence about getting this -- wait a while. This is TWR2-at-release awful.
    While I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as RTW2 at release, the AI definitely needs fixing to make the game worth it. If you watching the AI attempt to wage war late game is just embarrassing.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

On a positive note i liked some changes they made. The fact that builders have limited actions. The fact that you dont need to build roads. The fact that you make districs around the city. The fact that two technology trees exist. And the fact that your technology is boosted by various actions

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Rise and Fall looks pretty good and sounds like a shout out to Rhye's mod from civ 4 which is a nice touch.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast