Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Submod-reskin Thranduil Army for MOS 1.7

Shurshun's Avatar Foederatus

Default Submod-reskin Thranduil Army for MOS 1.7

Hello everyone! Iapologize in advance for my English, i know it's bad and in the writing of thetext i have help from other person.

I would like to present to you small graphicsubmod for MOS 1.7. So far, only the images, since it's necessary to clarify afew issues.
    The submod include changes of models andtextures for four units of Wooden Elves. They will look like Elves from"Hobbit". I think they will be good for game, until «Baz44331 ElvenArmies Remake» in working process.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm new in modding, and because of that, i askfor a help in some organization matters.
    Models of helmets and shields, also textures ofarmour are using by "Ridder Clan Mod" team's permission and NewErrpersonally on BfME RotWK.
    Also in mod are using native models of Galadhrim(armor, spears, bows, arrows and faces), armor models get a new texture.
    In this connection i wish to ask a question: cani use this models ? Who should i ask permission to use them ? And whom I shouldpoint in Credits?

Default Re: Submod-reskin Thranduil Army for MOS 1.7

This mod is PERFECT!!!
    Finally someone who realy making this units and who will finish it if I am right.
    Please release this submod as fast as you can, we are patient enough to play with the PERFECT units ever made.

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off my desk...

The detail on the shield in particular is excellent though perhaps it's just a little too wide? Still that's a rather insignificant little detail that's easy to correct. Needless to say when you're ready to release I'd like to have a little word with you.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; May 13, 2016 at 08:05 AM.

Absolutely amazing work! As a retailer of the United Cutlery LOTR and Hobbit Swords, shields, and helmets, I am looking over at my own personal Mirkwood helm now and the work is crazy good. Excellent work!

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Well done.
    However I can't help seeing alien heads on the shields... What is it? (I didn't see the Bilbo films)
    Last edited by Vifarc; May 13, 2016 at 08:49 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Damn they look sick. It would be even sicker if you could reskin like the normal forest wardens and stuff in a similar manner. Like Sword/Bow quendi but this style!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

I don't know about that. With that look they stand out as elite units. Giving the whole roster a copy-paste look for every unit's... well it's not really a good idea.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

They look gorgeous, nice job buddy

Xaintrailles's Avatar Laetus

Fantastic work !

Great!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

great work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

All questions are settled! Thank you for your wishes. I will work on improving these elves.

Work plan:

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Shurshun View Post
    Thank you for your wishes. I will work on improving these elves.
    They are great, maybe too great. Save for the shield, would you tweak it? It feels some Warhammer with this sort of Eldar skull.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

bad ass.

Look great! Any chance of seeing a palace guard variant? Perhaps for the lighter troops we could see that fish scale armor from the movies.
    Last edited by Jmonstra; May 14, 2016 at 02:05 PM.

This is not a skull!!! We'll have to fix that did not look so stupid.

All issues are settled. The first version will be ready in the next few days. Everything will be done so quickly because this elves were ready three months ago for another submod.
    My work is not an exact copy of the elves from "Hobbit" movie (for that needs great skills), i just did similar style.
    Then I will be their improved (spears, swords, shields and armour), but it will not be soon.

You're doing a fantastic job on these units, Shurshun. I really cannot wait until their release, excellent work!

These are fantastic haha. What the Hobbit films did amazingly was the design of the armies. The Elves, the Dwarves, all of them... I can't wait to try these units out.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Thank you for working on the elves, they were so needed

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast