Thread: Persistent CTD on rebel turn

Default Persistent CTD on rebel turn

most likely due to settlements revolting

seems this problem hasn't yet been fixed. not sure what data I could provide that could help

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Persistent CTD on rebel turn

You think so? Interesting. I thought 4x4 units always available in the merc pool would be sufficient to prevent that CTD, but I suppose it could be a problem if you had two provinces revolt simultaneously in the same pool area. I can double the number of merc units available in each type if you think that would help.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I am not sure that is the reason! I honestly doubt that I'm getting simultaneous revolts in the same AOR. Btw, is that the only known reason for a Rebel turn CTD, or simply the most common reason?

(and while we are on the subject, what exactly is the purpose of the 23k gold Velites? what crash does it prevent? just curious)

Quote Originally Posted by jtlannister View Post
    I am not sure that is the reason! I honestly doubt that I'm getting simultaneous revolts in the same AOR. Btw, is that the only known reason for a Rebel turn CTD, or simply the most common reason?

(and while we are on the subject, what exactly is the purpose of the 23k gold Velites? what crash does it prevent? just curious)
    It's possible it's not the reason, but I'm not sure what else it could be. There are other potential causes, but I've prevented most of them.

They're only 23k? Odd. They should be 89k.

That prevents this crash from another angle. Here's a thread with some links on the topic: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-of-Buildings
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Well... despite the extensive lengths you've all clearly gone to... the crashes are still happening. My current game seems to be stuck now, and I can't figure out where the crash is happening. Sigh.

Well... despite the extensive lengths you've all clearly gone to... the crashes are still happening. My current game seems to be stuck now, and I can't figure out where the crash is happening. Sigh.
    Honestly, I'm really sorry about that. I can't figure it out. It doesn't show up in every game, or even consistently in the same game. I've noticed going a few turns back on a saved game will make the CTD disappear.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; May 12, 2016 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    I've noticed going a few turns back on a saved game will make the CTD disappear.
    True. I can confirm that.
    As far as I am concerned, I do a safegame each & every spring. Autosave is too unreliable.
    Another good hint in order to avoid crashes in total is NOT to install the game in the standard C:\ directory.
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

wait, why?

WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos Nikator View Post
    True. I can confirm that.
    As far as I am concerned, I do a safegame each & every spring. Autosave is too unreliable.
    Another good hint in order to avoid crashes in total is NOT to install the game in the standard C:\ directory.
    wait, why?

WHY?
    That's a new one to me, too. Why shouldn't we install to the C: drive?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been working like crazy on this for a few days and I think I've eradicated this problem. In the process, I think I discovered something completely new about the revolt CTD, so thanks to JTL for staying on this problem. Right now, I'm testing it and also integrating the exceptional work Sere's been doing on his own, and hopefully we'll have a new beta out soon that will include this fix, AJB's fix for Stonehenge, my work from the last couple of years, and Sere's work.

"Our reinforcements have arrived! This is hopeful news indeed!"

LOL!

The new beta is out, and I think I've got the problem licked. Here's a more detailed breakdown if anyone is curious: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15039050