Thread: Help installing the mod

Default Help installing the mod

Hey i am new and wanted to try this good looking mod. Could you help me out step by step on what do i have to download. Because i cant find a post explaining what i am asking. Thanks!

Also if you could explain to me if RS III is just the same or other mod.

Default Re: Help installing the mod

Hey welcome to Roma Surrectum! Be welcome and have a nice playtime.

RSIII is a huge improvement over RSII it offers new UI textures (made by me), amazing new city building models and much more stuff.
    Firstly you need to have Rome I - Total War installed, Alexander expansion is strongly recommended. Follow instructions now:

1. 1 Have a clean RTW install (that is, no mods installed in it or any modified files) patched to 1.5, plus any add-ons as applicable patched to 1.6 for BI and 1.9 for ALX (patches are necessary!).

1. Download RS v2.5 and install it to your Rome I - Total War directory (RS will change everything in the folder and actually converts the game to RS folder.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!TJZQjKKa!gdV7aZ...H9lBe9tB4-1Slg

2. Patch RS v2.5 to RS v3.0 using link below:
    https://mega.nz/#!7VdFjCZT!KrWoUerZA...bV1g0aDPtmk5hA

3. Download my submod: "New improved UI graphics" since dvk didn't take all textures. For examples scroll textures ingame are still the old ones:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-UI-graphics

4. A special mod-made launcher shortcut has appeared on your desktop. Start it, click first button and choose a faction (only way to choose faction).

5. Select either 0-turn or 1-turn. 0-turn makes recruitment of troops much easier, resulting in numerous army stacks.
    Here's a nice description of the difference between both modes:

ur-Lord Tedric:
    - 0turn is all about Tactics. If you like fighting battles with the troops on the field, and lots of them, linked together by a minimally strategic campaign to give some context - then that's the choice for you

- 1turn is Strategically lead. If you are more of an Empire Builder and like the detailed management of logistic requirements, where the battles are an equal part of the game, but more meaningful individually and the AI develops their settlements and units more - then 1turn is your friend
    6. Select a faction now from the list.

7. Click "Play Roma Surrectum" and have some fun!

8. When opening the game and actually starting a campaign you'll be faced with a speech. You need to click the middle button below first then click the right button to start the campaign.

9. Use either M/M or H/H difficulty (medium/hard)

Important notes:
    I. RS battles are though and take very long time. People will be killed very slowly. Use hammer-anvil tactic and cavalry to end battles sooner. This is a feature to represent historical accuracy. Breaking morale is the key to victory. Don't worry about facing larger armies than yours, break their morale and you'll win quickly.
    II. The mod is designed in such way that troops can only be recruited from a few home provinces. Use mercenary troops to fill your armies, otherwise you'll have to wait centuries till recruitment is complete. You can build barracks though, but this takes a very abnormally long time to complete. This also represents historical accuracy since you need to create actual supply lines to enemy territory now. Rely on mercenaries!
    III. For Romans you can build barracks in this way: tribal justice -> government determination -> regional focus -> annex/client -> weapons metal import -> oppidum lvl 3, yes lvl 3.

Good luck and have fun and feel free to ask more.

Hey welcome to Roma Surrectum! Be welcome and have a nice playtime.

RSIII is a huge improvement over RSII it offers new UI textures (made by me), amazing new city building models and much more stuff.
    Firstly you need to have Rome I - Total War installed, Alexander expansion is strongly recommended. Follow instructions now:

1. 1 Have a clean RTW install (that is, no mods installed in it or any modified files) patched to 1.5, plus any add-ons as applicable patched to 1.6 for BI and 1.9 for ALX (patches are necessary!).

1. Download RS v2.5 and install it to your Rome I - Total War directory (RS will change everything in the folder and actually converts the game to RS folder.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!TJZQjKKa!gdV7aZ...H9lBe9tB4-1Slg

2. Patch RS v2.5 to RS v3.0 using link below:
    https://mega.nz/#!7VdFjCZT!KrWoUerZA...bV1g0aDPtmk5hA

3. Download my submod: "New improved UI graphics" since dvk didn't take all textures. For examples scroll textures ingame are still the old ones:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-UI-graphics

4. A special mod-made launcher shortcut has appeared on your desktop. Start it, click first button and choose a faction (only way to choose faction).

5. Select either 0-turn or 1-turn. 0-turn makes recruitment of troops much easier, resulting in numerous army stacks.
    Here's a nice description of the difference between both modes:

ur-Lord Tedric:
    - 0turn is all about Tactics. If you like fighting battles with the troops on the field, and lots of them, linked together by a minimally strategic campaign to give some context - then that's the choice for you

- 1turn is Strategically lead. If you are more of an Empire Builder and like the detailed management of logistic requirements, where the battles are an equal part of the game, but more meaningful individually and the AI develops their settlements and units more - then 1turn is your friend
    6. Select a faction now from the list.

7. Click "Play Roma Surrectum" and have some fun!

8. When opening the game and actually starting a campaign you'll be faced with a speech. You need to click the middle button below first then click the right button to start the campaign.

9. Use either M/M or H/H difficulty (medium/hard)

Important notes:
    I. RS battles are though and take very long time. People will be killed very slowly. Use hammer-anvil tactic and cavalry to end battles sooner. This is a feature to represent historical accuracy. Breaking morale is the key to victory. Don't worry about facing larger armies than yours, break their morale and you'll win quickly.
    II. The mod is designed in such way that troops can only be recruited from a few home provinces. Use mercenary troops to fill your armies, otherwise you'll have to wait centuries till recruitment is complete. You can build barracks though, but this takes a very abnormally long time to complete. This also represents historical accuracy since you need to create actual supply lines to enemy territory now. Rely on mercenaries!
    III. For Romans you can build barracks in this way: tribal justice -> government determination -> regional focus -> annex/client -> weapons metal import -> oppidum lvl 3, yes lvl 3.

Good luck and have fun and feel free to ask more.

Thanks you very much you are very helpful!