Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Release Build Bugs & Issues

Default First Release Build Bugs & Issues

Post your bugs and issues from the First Build Release. Worries, fears, and doubts will be read.

Latin Empire is a total mess. The majority of the units lack imposters and will be fixed. Some officers lack weapons and fight fisticuffs.

Culverins are resembling the catapults from the Rome 2 version of Medieval Kingdoms 1212 A.D. where the catapults image spasms and warps across the screen.

Libertus

Default Re: First Release Build Bugs & Issues

I found some minor bugs

1.Serbia can recruit Almogavars

2.The unit halbediers for the polish duchies has Vanilia unitcards

3.Count of Anjou Crossbow Serjeants have handguns instead of xbows.

Sorry for my bad english.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Shark View Post
    I found some minor bugs

1.Serbia can recruit Almogavars
    That's not a bug There were Almogavar mercenaries in Serbia and almogavars were supposed to be recruitable for serbia in this mod
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Nr. 1 is not a bug. They are a part of the catalan company which operated in the Balkans and they serve as mercenaries

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Nr. 1 is not a bug. They are a part of the catalan company which operated in the Balkans and they serve as mercenaries
    Quote Originally Posted by SerbianWOLF View Post
    That's not a bug There were Almogavar mercenaries in Serbia and almogavars were supposed to be recruitable for serbia in this mod
    Thank very much guys i didnt know that .

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Congratz on the release guys

Some stuff I noticed:
    -unit get fatigued too early, often AI infantry is already tired before the combat starts and then gets exhausted after 2-3 minutes of melee, which hinders the AI severly. I would recommend increasing the threshold of fatigue or lower fatigue penalties for running and melee.
    -missile units fire rate is to slow, especially on crossbow units, it also hinders the AI and lowers the impact of skirmishing, javelin damage is ok if not to high.
    -not sure on exprect charge defence for pikes and halbarders since they have phalanx ability, overal those stuff change those units into murderbots, I remember on one of previous builds to notice enemy units losing 50 guys on point of charge. Although from what I played on current version it seems to be toned down or AI simply refused to charge them very often. This ability also makes them more resiliant to flank and rear charges. I would need to check it out more, might be wrong on this.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

After I test played today's release of MKTW, I notice that the projectiles for both Handgunners and Culverin are bugged:

- Both Handgunner and Culverin Projectile have "high_air_resistance" so they flew as if they are explosive cottonballs shot from a popgun.
    - Culverin only have 125m range.

As I make a DIY hotfix for it, I thought, why not contribute something for the team? So I do some more:

- Make the sound effects better for gunpowder weapons. So instead of sad "fsssh", it actually go boom.
    - Add "spread" to most gunpowder projectiles to simulate innate innacuracy of some projectiles
    - Reduce Handgun projectile to 100m, but give it a bit more oomph.
    - Tweaked the Culverin projectile for 600m range, make it able to bounce, set the penetration to "high", and get rid of explosion visuals (culverins don't shoot explosive shells)
    - Add Scattershot for Culverin. Close-range antipersonnel special with 125m range. Shoots 30 small projectiles at once.
    - Create Bombard projectile: more primitive version of culverin's cannon shot. Have fixed aim sight, 400m range.
    - Create Great Bombard projectile: bigger version of culverin's cannon shot. Have fixed aim sight, 500 range, shockwave effect at impact. Suitable for demolishing Theodosian Walls.
    - Create Mortar projectile: Explosive shell, 350m range. Use fuse instead of percussive trigger for the explosion, so delay between impact and the actual explosion can be seen.
    - Create Arquebus projectile. Longer range than Handgun and a bit faster reload.

This is only a small proposal of contribution. The team have the right to choose what to accept and what not, however I'll be honored if my contribution can at least add something for the betterment of the mod, hopefully becoming a basis for better gunpowder projectiles of the next version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzaj02lnlg...iles.pack?dl=0

VERY impressive man! I'm checking it out now and it's much better! Yeah that's gonna be added and you're gonna get a mention in the credits.

Holy smithereens! Thank you for the hotfix!

Would be great if the replay bug could be fixed.
    At the moment we have to start matches without moving any troops in the deployment phase if we want to be able to view the replay. If any player moves any units then the saved replay will CDT when you try to view it.
    Not an issue if you don't care about replays, but with such awesome looking troops I definitely want to drool over some cool replays. Without having to run my troops ragged to get in formation after starting the battle and trying to convince other players to do the same.

Apart from that, this mod is awesome!

Laetus

thanks for the hotfix!

Quote Originally Posted by simmo576 View Post
    Would be great if the replay bug could be fixed.
    At the moment we have to start matches without moving any troops in the deployment phase if we want to be able to view the replay. If any player moves any units then the saved replay will CDT when you try to view it.
    Not an issue if you don't care about replays, but with such awesome looking troops I definitely want to drool over some cool replays. Without having to run my troops ragged to get in formation after starting the battle and trying to convince other players to do the same.

Apart from that, this mod is awesome!
    I think that is an Attila Total War issue, not a mod issue because I think some mods have the same problem.

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

First of all, great job guys. Really, the pre-release version has an incredible level of quality and it can be seen the huge effor you have put on. I will list the bugs I see that haven't been highilhted yet in this post:

-Handgunners don't shoot in loose formation.
    -"For Rome!" and "Roma invicta" yelling voices should be removed if possible.
    -Sometimes horse archers don't shoot
    -Halberdiers (Late) for Poland unit card is not the right one.
    Last edited by Ciruelo; May 06, 2016 at 11:22 AM.

Great job guys! I am really impressed with the amazing unit skins. There are a few bugs I would like to note however.

1) major clipping issues in the Kievan roster
    - units wearing bear pelts have some clipping from the pelts
    - some of the Kievan cavalry are missing their helmets

2) the naffatuns have the grenades floating on top of their hands.

3) I can't remember if it's either the Cuman or Kievan flag bearer, but one of them has some clipping through their armour.

4) I don't know if it's a bug but melee cavalry has the exact same melee damage as shock cavalry.
    Last edited by Lucem Mundum; May 05, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

Laetus

I crashed on the loading screen while launching the game. please help.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Replays do not work.

Also, archers should really be balanced. They're beyond worthless now when compared to crossbows.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dibbles Jr View Post
    Replays do not work.

Also, archers should really be balanced. They're beyond worthless now when compared to crossbows.

- Replays do work, as long as you don´t deploy your troops in the deploying phase. Hit the "start battle" button first, then deploy your troops. Known issue and apparently not only in this mod.
    - Archers will be balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    Great job guys! I am really impressed with the amazing unit skins. There are a few bugs I would like to note however.

1) major clipping issues in the Kievan roster
    - units wearing bear pelts have some clipping from the pelts
    - some of the Kievan cavalry are missing their helmets

2) the naffatuns have the grenades floating on top of their hands.

3) I can't remember if it's either the Cuman or Kievan flag bearer, but one of them has some clipping through their armour.

4) I don't know if it's a bug but melee cavalry has the exact same melee damage as shock cavalry.

- some clipping is unavoidable, as many on the models are custom and cannot be made to fit exactly to CA´s models. I´ll see what I can do about that.
    - I just checked all Kievan units, not a single one was missing a helmet. Can you show me which one you mean?
    Last edited by Ltd.; May 06, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

First of all, I was using Radious, forgot to turn that (crap) off. But the longbows of England, had trouble shooting and reloading. It took them a lot to fire their second voley. And the first one was poor. Even though in range, only the first row shot.
    Second, a big issue for me I guess, because it looked so unreal and bad: When distancing or zooming out, units become small dots, not models. There is a limit at which they suddenly transform from o to . I first noticed this on my general (england king) but it happens to other units. I was also playing on a slope, so my general was up on the hill. I could try and send a replay of the match. Also, worth noting, I was playing at 4K

I'll have more time and try without Radious and check the bugs again if you can't reproduce them

Scot's Guard from Kingdom of france are either super bad ass or idk 1 stack beat 1 stack of cataphracts and other stack of scots beat my lantikon even with their general dead.I ll make further tests.

Against infantry they keep their feet The king laied waste to my spear skputatoy. Played with Empire of Nicea.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast