Thread: HRE Emperor system

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Default HRE Emperor system

Have been playing the HRE and am having problem with understanding the system by which the king of the HRE is chosen. Is their a guide somewhere which explains it? Is there a way which is part of the game to change the system so you can keep your family tree (for instance as the Staufer)?

Thanks in advance

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: HRE Emperor system

To the best of my knowledge, The HRE will see two different dynasties competing for power throughout your game. It makes it much harder considering the external pressure you'll face, but makes any success so satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, The HRE will see two different dynasties competing for power throughout your game. It makes it much harder considering the external pressure you'll face, but makes any success so satisfying.
    Could anybody confirm this, please? I have just started my first SSHIP campaign (as the HRE) and don't know what to do with my usurping heir-elect: Is it worth breaking the house rules and sending him on a death mission to secure a safe succession, or is there a special mechanism for the HRE that simulates its elective succession throughout a whole campaign automatically resulting in turmoil/civil war after each succession? Any answer would be much appreciated.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostinthemaxim View Post
    Could anybody confirm this, please? I have just started my first SSHIP campaign (as the HRE) and don't know what to do with my usurping heir-elect: Is it worth breaking the house rules and sending him on a death mission to secure a safe succession, or is there a special mechanism for the HRE that simulates its elective succession throughout a whole campaign automatically resulting in turmoil/civil war after each succession? Any answer would be much appreciated.
    I've got no idea, but I havent's read about it besides in this entry.

On usurper mechanism - the way-out of the usurper situation is bugged. With VineFynn we've produced a fix for it, it's attached in this entry. Doesn't fix everything, but it should be much better.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I'll look into that.